Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who works in a bank call centre and got a complaint made about them by a TIM. You have to do basic security checks as well as the security questions - does the age match the account holder's? The accent? Voice in general? This bit is usually quite easy and the customer doesn't even realise cos for the most part, you can be reasonably sure that the elderly woman on the line is actually 90 year old Betty whose account you have up. So this TIM rang up to access an account with a very feminine name (think Felicity Ivy Surname for instance) and obviously this person was a bit taken aback and double checked the account details with the TIM. The TIM then went ballistic saying they're trans, this is discrimination, they're waiting for voice training, it's transphobic that they have to face extra questioning every time they ring up. Obviously my friend's manager thought if was a load of bs and they didn't get disciplined for it but complaints gave them an apology and £50 paid into their bank account. Ridiculous.
Good old narcissistic rage that reality hasn't bent to their whims.

Wheoever mentioned Matt Walsh - I agree, he's no friend of women, and just because he might "agree" with us about gender identity doesn't mean it's for the right reasons.

Have a look at his tweets about Roe v Wade too. Not a man any woman on the left should align herself with.

Reactions: 14
I know someone who works in a bank call centre and got a complaint made about them by a TIM. You have to do basic security checks as well as the security questions - does the age match the account holder's? The accent? Voice in general? This bit is usually quite easy and the customer doesn't even realise cos for the most part, you can be reasonably sure that the elderly woman on the line is actually 90 year old Betty whose account you have up. So this TIM rang up to access an account with a very feminine name (think Felicity Ivy Surname for instance) and obviously this person was a bit taken aback and double checked the account details with the TIM. The TIM then went ballistic saying they're trans, this is discrimination, they're waiting for voice training, it's transphobic that they have to face extra questioning every time they ring up. Obviously my friend's manager thought if was a load of bs and they didn't get disciplined for it but complaints gave them an apology and £50 paid into their bank account. Ridiculous.
I used to work in a call centre for car insurance claims. We had to do the same checks.

You would often get feminine sounding men or manly sounding women and 9/10 they would just answer the questions without moaning. I guess they aren't to know it was standard to ask 3 questions but they were getting 5 or 6 to be certain.

However I would hate to be doing it now as the Trans population is so much bigger they would probably go mad if you asked more questions to be sure

Reactions: 12
Great response to them here:
View attachment 1377396
I’m watching with great interest to see how (and indeed if) Halifax respond to a) a staff member recommending that anyone not enamoured of pronouns virtue-signalling take their business elsewhere, and b) the reveal that for all their ‘fluffy’ inclusiveness, they’re still financially shafting the women who work for them.

It shows so clearly the hollow posturing of businesses cynically aligning themselves with the cause de jour.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hahaha, I wanted to know if they had hidden any replies to the tweet (they have - lots of them) and then clicked on their ‘likes’ and they have liked this tweet as they think it’s in support:

D3ABC3E4-7906-4716-87CB-4A278D6CB84A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ve been stalking this thread for a while now as I used to be a supporter of trans inclusionary feminism, and thought that anyone who even questioned the agenda was just a transphobe, but I recently started to question it all so it has been so refreshing to see all of your opinions and honestly over the last few months I have done a total 180 on it. I’m absolutely sick to bleeping death of these men, claiming to be ‘non binary’ and using it as a way of pitting ‘cis’ women against each other.
The attitudes from TRAs about the overturning of Roe vs Wade have been the final nail in the coffin for me. I’m disgusted by all the people (mainly ‘non binary’ men) screaming about how ‘ABORTION IS AN ALL GENDERED ISSUE’, it just shows their absolute disdain for actual women and how desperate they are to centre themselves in literally every single discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You can be sure though they'd be making the biggest fuss if any money was stolen from the account if the bank had given in to their wishes rather than following proper security procedures.

Reactions: 13
I started out as a tran ally. Then I started to notice tweets that said 'Kill a terf' or 'Stab a terf'. So I put out a tweet saying that I fully supported trans people but violence against women was wrong. I was called a transphobe, a bigot and a Nazi. Thats when I started looking into properly and realised what was going on.
Now I won't support trans ideology at all. It's dangerous and abusive. Trans activists are angry misogynistic men who are delighted at being able to abuse and intimidate women whilst claiming 'virtue' in their signalling.
It needs to stop and people need to wake up.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Hahaha, I wanted to know if they had hidden any replies to the tweet (they have - lots of them) and then clicked on their ‘likes’ and they have liked this tweet as they think it’s in support:

View attachment 1377504
Wow, given that literally every response to that tweet is damning them as insincere, idiotic virtue-signalling desperadoes, how bad is the stuff they’re hiding?! 😆

Love the stick they are getting. If that was my bank I would be closing my account too. The woman is called Gemma so I would call her 'her' or 'she' UNLESS Gemma wanted to be called 'they' for example. It's getting stupid that pronouns need putting on things like the name of the person doesn't give away what you should call them.
Halifax needs to concentrate on the job in hand.
Banking.
They are a bank, supposedly

Ludicrous. But not surprising. My partner is a solicitor and they do question - for a legal basis- proof of identity, etc in the cases they work on - have to....

Reactions: 9
So, we're starting to see the first angry de transitioners going into the system now. It's a start. Hopefully more will follow.

As much as I loathe religion, I do think it's had its place in keeping peoples nastiest behaviour in check and rendered certain things taboo so far fewer people have indulged themselves. It seems anything goes now, which is just degrading society tbh. What goes on consensually behind closed doors is fair enough and tolerable, but it's now influencing every aspect of the social sphere and that's harmful. Nobody can demand that everyone believes the same thing, that only happens in places like North Korea. We have freedom of thought here, if not expression.

Religion also teaches that individuals aren't the centre of their own universe. It teaches humility, selflessness and sobriety and self control. These are all utterly unfashionable now and treated with contempt. This is how far down the road we are now. We're back in the rutting, debauched, abusive, pedophilic days of the Roman Empire. I'm not even exaggerating. The only thing missing is slaughter for fun.

I don't like religions for how they all treat women, but the deeper philosophical aspects are meaningful and can benefit all.

Reactions: 11
Surely they shouldn't use the word 'maternal'? Isn't that transphobic? After all men can die giving birth as well. Sigh.
Gah this just shows how bleeping stupid this all is. Mater is Latin for mother.
But then some still tie themselves up in knots saying even though they are non binary they feel they earned the title of mother or feel more like a mother than a father (whatever the hell that means) . Language means nothing anymore

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Has everyone seen this? I've tried leaving a comment but strangely they never allow me to comment on the trans articles. However comments left by other people are good and I'm convinced the tide is turning. Hurrah!

The bit that really pissed me off in the article?
"I hope that I have been able to show that at all times I acted with the best interests of my patients at the forefront of my actions.'"

Yeah right! This woman was only concerned with the money and making a name for herself in Trans medicine. She didn't give a tit about her patients.

• Angry
  • Sad
Religion also teaches that individuals aren't the centre of their own universe. It teaches humility, selflessness and sobriety and self control. These are all utterly unfashionable now and treated with contempt. This is how far down the road we are now. We're back in the rutting, debauched, abusive, pedophilic days of the Roman Empire. I'm not even exaggerating. The only thing missing is slaughter for fun.
I agree in the sense that there are certain things which are acceptable nowadays which I totally disagree with in regards to sexualisation of young children, but in Islam they worship Muhammed, a 50 year old guy who married a 6 year old and the Catholic church refuses to accept that it continues to provide a safe haven for n0nces, so I can’t lie, I’m not sure any of the traditional abrahamic religions are any better lol.

• Heart
I agree in the sense that there are certain things which are acceptable nowadays which I totally disagree with in regards to sexualisation of young children, but in Islam they worship Muhammed, a 50 year old guy who married a 6 year old and the Catholic church refuses to accept that it continues to provide a safe haven for n0nces, so I can’t lie, I’m not sure any of the traditional abrahamic religions are any better lol.
Please don't set off the Muslim argument again. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It went on far too long last time.

l don't think we need religions to teach us anything. I believe that we can learn all the moral things by growing up surrounded by moral people. Through education etc.

And it's not just the Abrahamic religions. Every single religion has its own issues and problems. Just like every other social group does.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Please don't set off the Muslim argument again. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It went on far too long last time.

l don't think we need religions to teach us anything. I believe that we can learn all the moral things by growing up surrounded by moral people. Through education etc.

And it's not just the Abrahamic religions. Every single religion has its own issues and problems. Just like every other social group does.
Damn I’m kinda sad I missed the islam arguments lmao, I could argue about religion till the cows come home tbh.
And I totally agree, it always baffles me when people claim you can’t be moral without being religious

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.