Gender Discussion #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still follow thenursemum as I can't keep away, but I digress. She put up a box for people to share their thoughts around child loss and this is one of the responses.

Screenshot_20220605-165717_Instagram.jpg

A 7 year old did not die from transphobia. I am fairly sure they must have had severe mental health issues. Don't blame other people's "phobia" for not getting your child the help they need.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
A 7 year old did not die from transphobia. I am fairly sure they must have had severe mental health issues. Don't blame other people's "phobia" for not getting your child the help they need.
What the ffffff.

If a seven year old killed themselves it would be in the news. Children that young are not capable of harming themselves to that extent (and planning the act), and if one child ever did, it would be a spectacular failure of health and social services.

So that’s a load of complete BS, and I dread to think what the full story is there. Sounds like a exercise in professional victimhood.

Reactions: 20
What the ffffff.

If a seven year old killed themselves it would be in the news. Children that young are not capable of harming themselves to that extent (and planning the act), and if one child ever did, it would be a spectacular failure of health and social services.

So that’s a load of complete BS, and I dread to think what the full story is there. Sounds like a exercise in professional victimhood.
I know i saw it and was completely shocked.

People are so quick to shout transphobia

Reactions: 9
Now, I'm going to stun you all here! As you now I am not pro trans whatsoever, but I do believe everyone should have the right to live/work without fear of losing their jobs/home etc.

In the US, not all states offer the right to maintain employment, housing, healthcare (can be refused private healthcare) etc if you are trans. So, in that instance these people do not have the same human rights as other trans people in other states, and that is wrong. They are humans after all (I think they are anyway).

Putting this on an age 4 t-shirt is a political statement that children should not be party to.
I would have no real issue with this being on an adult shirt, though I may roll my eyes a bit because corporations during Pride month are ridiculous. But yes, putting your very small child in this turns them into a walking protest sign, and I do have a problem with that. I don't think any child should be used as a billboard for their parents' beliefs.

What’s with the constant usage of ‘y’all’? I’ve noticed it’s irritatingly common with these kind of people and events and it fills me with irritation.
As a proper Southerner, it's so annoying. 😂 They've co-opted it because "guys," "ladies and gents," and even "folks" are a no-go in Wokeland. Most of them use y'all or folx (which is even more annoying and also nonsensical!)

Reactions: 14
I find folx extremely triggering. It suggests that I am not cake, which when you are cakegender, is very invalidating.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Best get used to it. Anyone speaking out, or trying to put a fair point across will be silenced/cancelled as a bigot.
No, we don't need to get used to it at all. Women make up 51% of the UK population, we have a bigger voice than the men if we can just come together to say a very loud 'no thank you.' You can call me a bigot all day long and it is water off a ducks back. I really don't care if on this subject I'm called bigot, transphobic or anything the TRA's consider negative because there is nothing positive about anything trans. I must speak up for my daughter, if for no one else.

This type of race is a good thing as long as it doesn't seep into competitive sport. We will not get rid of the trans tit show for at least another 10-15 years. It will take for the butchered kids grow up and speak out, for the horrible cancers to start to hit and for their bones to start to crumble causing agonising pain (and god knows what will happen to brain function or the liver and kidneys through having to process the high doses of foreign cross sex hormones) for the spell to break. Let them have their separate races, changing rooms, toilets, categories, job roles, and so on.. let them be separate, it is preferable to them larping as us. The more they show themselves the more people are peaked anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Maybe I’d be fine with them having such an event providing there was also an event for biological women exclusively - I don’t think there was in this case though. Obviously professional sports should be fair for women but I don’t think amateur or ‘fun’ events should be unfair either.
But on the other hand I do worry that the more little ‘unimportant’ precedents become commonplace the more acceptable it will become. Accepting little unimportant transgressions and boundary pushing is how we got to this stage in the first place.

Reactions: 11
Maybe I’d be fine with them having such an event providing there was also an event for biological women exclusively - I don’t think there was in this case though. Obviously professional sports should be fair for women but I don’t think amateur or ‘fun’ events should be unfair either.
But on the other hand I do worry that the more little ‘unimportant’ precedents become commonplace the more acceptable it will become. Accepting little unimportant transgressions and boundary pushing is how we got to this stage in the first place.
Agreed. It started with calling them she, after all. However, if women want to enter an event for men and women then more fool them. We must keep the women only status quo in every aspect of womanhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can’t help but agree with this, also I also think @smellyfootballboots is right in saying this isn’t going anywhere, so we might as well create some accommodations.

The problem is, they don’t want “open” sports categories and they don’t want gender neutral toilets and changing rooms if female only spaces remain too. This is the problem we keep coming back to every time. And I don’t know what the solution is - I don’t think there is one. There’s no happy medium. No opportunity for a reasonable debate.

I mean look at the furore around Helen Joyce’s comments that’s still circulating on Twitter. Someone has transcribed it and highlighted what they see to be the most objectionable parts. I keep seeing it shared over and over.

0028D3FA-4CDF-49C9-9AAA-6744F996FB4A.jpeg

We read that and think she has a point. They read it and start screaming about genocide. If that is a call for genocide, then phrases like “We need to reduce the numbers of children living in poverty” means “we need to systematically cull children living in poverty”.

We simply can’t compromise or come to a mutually satisfying agreement with TRAs, because they won’t allow it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No, we don't need to get used to it at all. Women make up 51% of the UK population, we have a bigger voice than the men if we can just come together to say a very loud 'no thank you.' You can call me a bigot all day long and it is water off a ducks back. I really don't care if on this subject I'm called bigot, transphobic or anything the TRA's consider negative because there is nothing positive about anything trans. I must speak up for my daughter, if for no one else.

This type of race is a good thing as long as it doesn't seep into competitive sport. We will not get rid of the trans tit show for at least another 10-15 years. It will take for the butchered kids grow up and speak out, for the horrible cancers to start to hit and for their bones to start to crumble causing agonising pain (and god knows what will happen to brain function or the liver and kidneys through having to process the high doses of foreign cross sex hormones) for the spell to break. Let them have their separate races, changing rooms, toilets, categories, job roles, and so on.. let them be separate, it is preferable to them larping as us. The more they show themselves the more people are peaked anyway.
I hope you are right. Its all just awful, now. Especially projecting it onto their children and interfering with their development to suit their views. Just awful.
I was called a bigot for commenting on a trans comment online ( not on here)

Why can't there be a separate race for trans, in sports, etc?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why can't there be a separate race for trans, in sports, etc?
Because it's not validating enough for them. They don't want their own race, just like they don't want their own third spaces for toilets, changing rooms etc. And that in itself is why I will never trust them because if it was really about their safety or fairness to them, third spaces are the answer. They don't need to take over women's spaces and sports to be safe or have a fair shot at sports. They are, at the end of the day, using women to validate them.

I don't really care about whether there's mixed sex sports or not but I do hope this race peaks people. If anything it's proof of concept for what happens when women compete against bio men - top two spots were men in this race. That says it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
What’s with the constant usage of ‘y’all’? I’ve noticed it’s irritatingly common with these kind of people and events and it fills me with irritation.
Agreed - I absolutely hate it. It makes people sound like a slack jawed American yokel.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
As Helen Joyce says, moving forward, the number of trans people needs to drop. The AGPs can sod off, the confused kids need time and support and those with gender dysphoria need treatment. That would leave a miniscule number of people who wish to dress as the opposite sex so surely they can use the disabled loos and do without competitive sport?

I used to think 'live and let live' but I've educated myself to an extent that it has to be zero tolerance on this.

Reactions: 15
As Helen Joyce says, moving forward, the number of trans people needs to drop. The AGPs can sod off, the confused kids need time and support and those with gender dysphoria need treatment. That would leave a miniscule number of people who wish to dress as the opposite sex so surely they can use the disabled loos and do without competitive sport?

I used to think 'live and let live' but I've educated myself to an extent that it has to be zero tolerance on this.
I also thought she made a good point about even happily transitioned people being a problem for society. Because - on a population level, rather than an individual level - even a happily transitioned person is perpetuating a harmful falsehood (that it’s possible to change sex and hormones/surgeries are A-OK).

It’s a hard line opinion but women need to take the hard line IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just finished watching the Matt Walsh documentary. Absolutely batshit crazy. I can see why people didn’t want that film to come out. There’s a few whoppers in there, even to those who are aware of all this.

Reactions: 7
Just finished watching the Matt Walsh documentary. Absolutely batshit crazy. I can see why people didn’t want that film to come out. There’s a few whoppers in there, even to those who are aware of all this.
Did you have to pay for it?

Reactions: 1
It shows that gender ideology is an American import.

The American wokes like to use “y’all” because it’s gender neutral, it also hints at racial diversity because it’s often African-American, but they have plausible excuse because white Southerners can use it.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.