Gender Discussion #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished watching it tonight too - thanks for the Odysee tip, as I’d watched half on YouTube a few nights ago and could never find it again!

I thought it was good. Agree with what you said @DanaScully about the focus of it. Mainly I was pleased because I got my husband to watch it with me and I’ve never talked to him about this stuff before, so this was his introduction. We have 2 young children so I’m really relieved that he got it.

Reactions: 9
I finished watching it tonight too - thanks for the Odysee tip, as I’d watched half on YouTube a few nights ago and could never find it again!

I thought it was good. Agree with what you said @DanaScully about the focus of it. Mainly I was pleased because I got my husband to watch it with me and I’ve never talked to him about this stuff before, so this was his introduction. We have 2 young children so I’m really relieved that he got it.
Was he shocked? What was his summarisation after watching?

I thought similar thoughts to you, but only to the first five minutes when he was navel gazing and saying things like “do I exist? Who am I?” which I thought was ridiculous and unnecessary but I found the doc overall really good, and I didn’t pick up on him being rude or smarmy (though I thought exactly the same as you about the professor and the music in the background interspersed with footage of the professor droning on when it was obvious that Matt was asking him questions in between but those questions were edited out to make it seem like the proff was droning).

But overall, I liked his approach. A Louis Theroux approach, IMO, would have been too passive for something like this and allowing the crazies to ramble on confidently, and with this subject (say, unlike the Westboro Baptist Church where *everyone* knows they’re crazy) I think it needed a few interruptions and “hang on…WHAT?” interjections.

HATED the ending though! Thought it was very cheesy and schmaltzy!

Adding: You must be coming up to the end by now, or soon, so leave an overall review if you feel like it, I’d like to read it! But picking up on you saying Matt was rude - I thought the people he was interviewing were far ruder!

And I felt so sorry for the FTM person who was crying on camera and showing her skin graft scar for penile surgery (don’t know if that’s the correct term) and pleading, crying, that children shouldn’t be allowed to do the same.
I have just finished it now, as I was watching it on and off all evening. Yes, the ending was pure stilton!

I don't know, re: Matt, I just feel like his vibe was off. I do think that the craziness of what many of the interviewees were saying would stand up, even without him being provocative. That's what I mean about Theroux, his passivity often just lets the subjects give them rope to hang themselves.

Also, he is way at the uber conservative end of the spectrum. He was saying that biological sex dictates gender, which also seems to reinforce gender roles, by my personal angle is that men can wear dresses or vice-versa, but it doesn't make them the opposite sex. He seems like he would have a pulmonary embolism if he saw a guy in a dress. His wife also looks like the tradwife meme lol. Like he went all the way to Africa to speak to a tribe that reinforced his beliefs about sex/gender.

It seems like Americans are the worst for using sex and gender interchangeably, and this was apparent here. Why didn't he state that sex was immutable, or ask subjects if they thought that people could change their biological sex, or just their gender? I think that could have opened up some more avenues for consideration rather than just trying to prod at them.

It was an ok watch, but I didn't learn anything new. I have just recently read Trans by Helen Joyce though, which has all of the same points.

Funnily enough, I saw this on Twitter earlier:

Reactions: 6
How transphobic of them to doubt anyone who says they're trans or to think they can tell 😂
Yes I was going to say, this goes against TRA dogma! They strongly believe everyone who says they are trans is genuine and should be affirmed, even if they are a sexual predator or rapist. If we accept that there are some bad faith actors, the whole mentality of all trans people are valid goes down the drain. They are actually being what would be considered to be transphobic by most TRAs!

Reactions: 11
It was so utterly depressing and, sadly, expected to see Mark Drakeford in Wales state straight away that his starting point was 'trans women are women'.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
All of the NHS is completely captured by gender ideology. Why are tax payers coughing £12 million a year for inclusion representatives of under 1% of the population? Where are the women's officers to advise on women's heath requirements? Hmm.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
What superpowers does the Scottish prison service have that the rest of us lesser mortals don’t?

James Kerr who will be nowhere near prisoners!! Majority of staff are against it but where never asked their opinion and are scared to voice it anyway. Needless to say the woman prisoners where never asked!!

Reactions: 8
Anyone watched the "Emily" Bridges interview? I was spitting blood. All the crap he came out with went unchallenged by the interviewer :mad:

The bit that REALLY made me mad was when he said "fellow female athletes" no son. You are NOT one of us.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Anyone watched the "Emily" Bridges interview? I was spitting blood. All the crap he came out with went unchallenged by the interviewer :mad:

The bit that REALLY made me mad was when he said "fellow female athletes" no son. You are NOT one of us.
We really are in clown world. Fancy not having the spine to say “But you’re not actually female, are you Emily?”

All he cared about was emphasising how much cross-sex hormones have affected his bloods and performance. I literally don’t care 🤷‍♀️ Not female, can’t compete with females. Bye!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We really are in clown world. Fancy not having the spine to say “But you’re not actually female, are you Emily?”

All he cared about was emphasising how much cross-sex hormones have affected his bloods and performance. I literally don’t care 🤷‍♀️ Not female, can’t compete with females. Bye!
That's my mindset. Compete in your own sex class, not trample over women. Prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
People discussing it on Mumsnet reckon the male (of course) head of itv news is married to some guy from Stonewall, so that figures why the fawning interview.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

The “I’m not prepared to race against men, I can’t put myself through it” Erm…WHO was it who came FIRST PLACE in a MEN’S race back in February again? A mere FOUR months ago?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The “I’m not prepared to race against men, I can’t put myself through it” Erm…WHO was it who came FIRST PLACE in a MEN’S race back in February again? A mere FOUR months ago?
exaclty, meanwhile women aren't able to choose not to race against men anymore (unless they just drop out totally) but then who cares about us?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Been musing all day on the madness of the NHS only erasing the word women and not men. I think the reason this gender madness bothers me is when authorities take it on. That’s what first brought me to this thread. Things going on in my work (that I’m reluctant to go in to incase it reveals who I am 🙄) made me really sit up and take notice.

I really hate that the NHS is doing this. There’s no regard at all for women with English as a second language or women with learning difficulties who won’t understand what ovaries are. Never mind just women in general being excluded and just…erased from existence. That’s what the crazy TRAs want though isn't it!!

I guess his lungs, arms and legs don’t matter then 🙄 what an absolute lunatic and narcissist this boy is. A selfish little boy.

• Angry
  • Sad
We need to repeal the GRC, take gender out of the protected characteristics, stop allowing anyone under the age of 18 to make any changes to their body, get men out of female spaces, kick out the AGPs and support those with gender dysphoria to live their lives as per their biological sex.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As an aside, and I know it’s not important at all, but Emily really reminds me of Mr Bean’s girlfriend 🤷🏽‍♂️

1654696265426.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.