Gender Discussion #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Gender affirmation leave" has the potential to be an absolute minefield. How much pandering do these people need? Workplaces should be supportive (same applies to all employees) but the work/personal life boundary needs to be enforced too. I wonder if they're offering the same to women who have had a miscarriage or women going through menopause.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think I've mentioned this on here before, but I used to work somewhere doing 7 day rostered shift work , a big company, and a man came in one day dragged up & announced that he was now trans , and now felt unsafe as a trans working shift work ( though he had his car parked in the company car park , it wasn't as if he was walking home 8 miles at 4am in the morning , etc....... ) so would require an immediate end to the shifts & be put on to Mon-Fri 8- 4pm.
HR BENT OVER BACKWARDS and he went onto straight days .
We all had to carry on with our shift rosters, of course.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
My work's learning and development team have announced a "workshop" about "femininity" and what it means to us and the "future of femininity". Run by the one trans woman at work, who does not work in L&D and presumably has zero qualifications beyond "lived experience".

I'd join to see what's what but I need to keep my job.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
My work's learning and development team have announced a "workshop" about "femininity" and what it means to us and the "future of femininity". Run by the one trans woman at work, who does not work in L&D and presumably has zero qualifications beyond "lived experience".

How bleeping strange! I don't work in L&D but I know a lot of people in my workplace who do and I can't imagine any of them managing to keep a straight face if that was proposed here. I'm starting a petition for you to find a colleague with a good poker face to go along and see what's what!

Reactions: 11
This just popped up on my twitter feed.

I don’t think this reflects ‘mainstream’ trans rights activism (or at least I hope it doesn’t?) but it is just a bit extreme. Also filled with inaccuracies, of course!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Having men just decide they are women helps with the company's gender pay gap doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I don’t think this reflects ‘mainstream’ trans rights activism (or at least I hope it doesn’t?) but it is just a bit extreme. Also filled with inaccuracies, of course!
bleeping arseholes.....labelling a rape crisis centre a hate group simply because they will not allow a man to enter so he can be sexually turned on or else prey on woman. Some of these people are total lunatics

Reactions: 34
bleeping arseholes.....labelling a rape crisis centre a hate group simply because they will not allow a man to enter so he can be sexually turned on or else prey on woman. Some of these people are total lunatics
It's absolutely shocking

View attachment 1275873

This part sounds so dystopian.
Yes and it's bloody frightening as well.

I keep toying with the idea of joining 'Standing for Women' or other women's groups but the cowardly part of me doesn't want to risk being hacked, doxxed or reported to my employer, which as a public body, is infiltrated with STONEWALL ideology. I'm not on Twitter either as I wouldn't risk it.

The bullies are silencing many women (who probably feel like me). It's too dangerous in some organisations to stick your head up now and say you don't agree.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
How bleeping strange! I don't work in L&D but I know a lot of people in my workplace who do and I can't imagine any of them managing to keep a straight face if that was proposed here. I'm starting a petition for you to find a colleague with a good poker face to go along and see what's what!
Honestly, it's like satire. I feel like I exist in an absurd comedy sketch show.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Yes and it's bloody frightening as well.

I keep toying with the idea of joining 'Standing for Women' or other women's groups but the cowardly part of me doesn't want to risk being hacked, doxxed or reported to my employer, which as a public body, is infiltrated with STONEWALL ideology. I'm not on Twitter either as I wouldn't risk it.

The bullies are silencing many women (who probably feel like me). It's too dangerous in some organisations to stick your head up now and say you don't agree.
I agree with you. I feel really weak saying that as I know things only change when challenged and confronted but I'm too scared for my job. I follow loads of accounts on twitter but don't even like anything, just in case.

Reactions: 14

That is just bleeping ridiculous. Why would a workplace need a workshop on femininity in the first place (even if it was run by a real woman)?
Presumably this is just backdoor trans ideology brainwashing. 🤮

Please attend wearing gaffa tape over your mouth and then report back to us 😁

• Haha
Our local FB group has organised several "Walks for men", which are targeted towards men who may be struggling with their MH, especially after the pandemic, or if they just want to get out of the house, get some exercise, and maybe meet some new friends. All very laudable, and the male walking group does appear to be a success.

They have now started a walking group for "Women and Non-Binary people". There were a couple of comments which made me think that people are starting to peak, including one which said "Do you mean just non-binary women? Or do men have to be included too?". The organiser, clearly trying to cover her backside, wittered on about "Anyone who feels that they don't belong to a particular gender, is welcome". etc etc.

This annoyed me so much, I had to sit on my hands to stop myself from replying. I work in the NHS, I can't rant about this fuckwittery on FB, I'd be outed within a day.

But why can't we have a women-only group? Why can't the "non-binary" folk walk with the men's group? (Let's face it, most of them are gonna be men, we all know that 🙄) Why can't they have their own walking group. Why do women ALWAYS have to accommodate them, but the men get their own, separate space?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Our local FB group has organised several "Walks for men", which are targeted towards men who may be struggling with their MH, especially after the pandemic, or if they just want to get out of the house, get some exercise, and maybe meet some new friends. All very laudable, and the male walking group does appear to be a success.

They have now started a walking group for "Women and Non-Binary people". There were a couple of comments which made me think that people are starting to peak, including one which said "Do you mean just non-binary women? Or do men have to be included too?". The organiser, clearly trying to cover her backside, wittered on about "Anyone who feels that they don't belong to a particular gender, is welcome". etc etc.

This annoyed me so much, I had to sit on my hands to stop myself from replying. I work in the NHS, I can't rant about this fuckwittery on FB, I'd be outed within a day.

But why can't we have a women-only group? Why can't the "non-binary" folk walk with the men's group? (Let's face it, most of them are gonna be men, we all know that 🙄) Why can't they have their own walking group. Why do women ALWAYS have to accommodate them, but the men get their own, separate space?
I've seen a few of these groups in my area too. Yeah, the women's groups always have to include trans and non-binary people, and never the men's ones. I've seen a few LGBT groups which are only really open to LGBT people, and that's fine because I can understand why they'd want to be around people with similar experiences. I wouldn't even consider swanning in and forcing others to accommodate me. But it is always the women's groups that are left to include everyone, and it's always being pushed by handmaidens or TiMs.

Having men just decide they are women helps with the company's gender pay gap doesn't it?
Somewhere I used to work got in hot water about the lack of women on the board of directors, and lack of diversity in general - there was one black man and one Asian woman out of around 170 employees. One of the business owners came out as trans shortly after the whole thing (AGP TiM in his mid 40s) to much applause and pandering... I know it's crude but it became a bit of a joke between myself and a couple of others that he only did it to get the company out of trouble 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I think this pretty much represents the new trans activism. Much more brazen than before, they really hate women.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.