Gender Discussion #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
long time reader, first time poster
I've been reading this thread since thread #7.
Yesterday love island started here in Germany, and one of the "female" candidates is a trans woman. She told all the girls ,straight after meeting them, her story, got her praises on how amazing she looks (as women always do). She did not tell any of the boys, when they met. She is quite intrested in one of the boys (who has the brain of a fish). When they discussed online dating, he told her the story of being scammed by a "girl", who turned out to be a man. Even after that, she did not tell him.
You can see and definitly hear that she is transgender, but like I said, that man is dumb. Now my biggest problem are the comments online. Lots of people have the opinion that she does not need to tell him and that the only difference to a woman, the fertility is. Because TWAW!
I was so mad, that I came here and had to post my firt comment!
If it's anything like how I'd imagine they would spin it in the UK if anyone of the other contestants reveals to him that she is trans they will be the villain of the series and get a huge amount of hate online.

Reactions: 10
Good news, Women's Aid have published a statement just now explaining that services will remain single-sex. I expect its gonna kick off on Twitter, but overall it feels positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
If it's anything like how I'd imagine they would spin it in the UK if anyone of the other contestants reveals to him that she is trans they will be the villain of the series and get a huge amount of hate online.
Yes, but all the female contestants are so open and woke. They even told her, not to tell him, because he has no right to know. And of course he is going to accept her, because she is just fab. :rolleyes:
The preview included a scene, where they are getting closer and before he can kiss her, she stops him and says something like: "You don't want to do that!" Let's see what his reaction will be. If he is "not tolerate enough" (quoting instagram comments), he will receive so much hate online.
Not sure I can watch another episode. It's just weird how everyone (especially women) are fawning over this trans woman. How the women already love her (after meeting her for 5 minutes and finding out, that she is trans). It always seems like, that personality and character do not count anymore, as soon as someone says they're trans. Then they are just amazing. Like, that the fact of them being trans, make them an amazing human being.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yes, but all the female contestants are so open and woke. They even told her, not to tell him, because he has no right to know. And of course he is going to accept her, because she is just fab. :rolleyes:
The preview included a scene, where they are getting closer and before he can kiss her, she stops him and says something like: "You don't want to do that!" Let's see what his reaction will be. If he is "not tolerate enough" (quoting instagram comments), he will receive so much hate online.
Not sure I can watch another episode. It's just weird how everyone (especially women) are fawning over this trans woman. How the women already love her (after meeting her for 5 minutes and finding out, that she is trans). It always seems like, that personality and character do not count anymore, as soon as someone says they're trans. Then they are just amazing. Like, that the fact of them being trans, make them an amazing human being.
It’s the ‘stunning and brave’ trope. It’s tiresome. And the producers will be editing the program depending on how they react to them. If anyone is not fully supportive they will get the villain edit.

Reactions: 16
Owen Jones trotting out this absolute nonsense argument again. And to think he'd be the first to shout "bad faith!" or "strawman!" at anything reasonable which he simply didn't like.

View attachment 1142509
Presumably as TWAW in Owen Jones's world if he needs a surrogate he will be able to pick a TW instead of a woman as there is clearly no difference whatsoever.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I can't stand any of this. People telling us to celebrate this as a win for women, no thank you. If trans women are women then surely this would just be a case of a woman winning a competition, right? But that's not what's happening here and they know it. It's not enough to allow male-bodied athletes in women's categories, we now have to applaud and pander to them for doing so because it's stunning and brave.

Reactions: 21
I can't stand any of this. People telling us to celebrate this as a win for women, no thank you. If trans women are women then surely this would just be a case of a woman winning a competition, right? But that's not what's happening here and they know it. It's not enough to allow male-bodied athletes in women's categories, we now have to applaud and pander to them for doing so because it's stunning and brave.

Aye we will soon be able to celebrate the "last" woman in sport

Reactions: 6
That's not the point though and never has been. A man being allowed to compete in women's sports is wrong. End of. What are people not understanding? Is it because they don't want to upset or offend anyone, is it willful ignorance? Because all I'm seeing is a man taking advantage and elbowing his way into women's sports and I've seen it time and time again - they want access to women's toilets, changing rooms, prisons, hospital wards, groups.. Its never going to be enough, is it?

Because no one is allowed to think it wrong/ criticise/have an alternate view, if it doesn't fit the box-ticking wokey World we all seem to be going down, now........?
While people indulge themselves to make a point, or to bollox something up- just because their self-entitlement says they can do so - and others fanny about whining on about what they want to be called, or melting down over someone getting their gender wrong, people in other Nations are being blown up & maimed horribly& left in pain for the rest of their lives, for example.

Aaaawwggggghhhhhh don't get me started on all that! Bloody hairy Arthur Mullard type bombing up & down a Womens swimming pool race, like a hairy torpedo, nicking all the gongs . 😡

Reactions: 4
This sounds like the “Something About Miriam” game show. I listened to a podcast about it recently. The tv production company that made it was sued by the male contestants, who weren’t told Miriam was a man.
Do you have a link to the podcast please?

Another insane thing I saw someone say over the Lia Thomas thing was that if just one trans kid sees her victory and decides to continue living then that's worth far more than how some women do in a swimming pool. Always with the suicide angle. It's like trans folx permanently have a noose on standby!
Thomas is not trans.

Clear as day it's a man!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m glad this thread exists, it is good to know there are others out there who are equally dismayed by the lunacy and misogyny taking over the western world.

Sometimes It is a bit frustrating to be pushed here so that other threads don’t go ‘off topic’.

I understand it because it is a toxic discussion but more and more cretinous individuals are making ‘trans’ the very core of their personalities, marketing ploys and existences and then it becomes difficult to disentangle this topic from the rest of who they are.

Especially when this is a fundamental battle for the right of half the human race to exist as people not ‘identities’. The most oppressed group in the whole of human history, women, are back to being possessions of men, but this time it’s our very essence and existence that is being appropriated. And it is about women and men, not about trans people, because no one is bothered about women who identify as men. No one cares, they never even get mentioned. It is men taking womens rights and children being hurt by terrible parents, that are the concerns.

Reactions: 34
I do worry a lot about girls too - we’ve seen people like Watson and Mothergender on Twitter talk about how they weren’t questioned, just affirmed before transition - how their pain and distress was turned inwards on their own bodies - and was applauded. It makes me feel so sad for them. Nearly all trans identified females are ASD and/or survivors of sexual assault.

Then when they are brave enough to speak up about detransitioning they are monstered by the TRAs on Twitter.

Sad to see some people I really like and respect laying into JKR on the Jack Monroe thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I do worry a lot about girls too - we’ve seen people like Watson and Mothergender on Twitter talk about how they weren’t questioned, just affirmed before transition - how their pain and distress was turned inwards on their own bodies - and was applauded. It makes me feel so sad for them. Nearly all trans identified females are ASD and/or survivors of sexual assault.

Then when they are brave enough to speak up about detransitioning they are monstered by the TRAs on Twitter.

Sad to see some people I really like and respect laying into JKR on the Jack Monroe thread.
It’s the usual posters who have always had certain views. Many more are not laying into JKR.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is a bit random but does anyone else just feel a bit miserable about anything to do with 'diversity and inclusion' at work now? I used to be so passionate about D&I at work back when it was about more than just calling men 'she' and women with short hair 'they'. I actually dread anything about D&I coming up now because it's so blinkered and tedious, I can't remember the last time a D&I event focused as much on disabled people, or people from disadvantaged backgrounds, or women (in the real sense of the word) or even ethnic minorities. It's always about 'inclusive language' etc these days and to be honest even if you buy into the bollocks (which obviously I don't) I feel like it's so overdone and boring anyway? It's absolutely bizarre the power and attention this particular group have obtained tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
⬆⬆⬆ Yes totally with you on this. As soon as I see ‘inclusive’ I think it’ll be the blue haired brigade. When do we ever talk about people with disabilities? Or hearing/vision impairments? I had an interview last week and they asked about inclusion… I purposely talked about accessibility rather than anything based on gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This is a bit random but does anyone else just feel a bit miserable about anything to do with 'diversity and inclusion' at work now? I used to be so passionate about D&I at work back when it was about more than just calling men 'she' and women with short hair 'they'. I actually dread anything about D&I coming up now because it's so blinkered and tedious, I can't remember the last time a D&I event focused as much on disabled people, or people from disadvantaged backgrounds, or women (in the real sense of the word) or even ethnic minorities. It's always about 'inclusive language' etc these days and to be honest even if you buy into the bollocks (which obviously I don't) I feel like it's so overdone and boring anyway? It's absolutely bizarre the power and attention this particular group have obtained tbh.
I think part of the reason DEI initiatives like to focus on trans stuff is because it's presented as such a simple fix. Put pronouns in your bio/ use trans people's correct pronouns, and hunky dory everything's right as rain. It's the same with DEI events that focus on microaggressions––stop doing these few specific things and we can say we're not transphobic/racist/ homophobic/ sexist. It is so individualistic, rather than more complicated/ entrenched things like pay equity/ job promotion/ maternity leave (in the US).

I saw a job ad for something I was vaguely qualified for, and part of the job was spending a tens of thousands dollar fund for DEI programming. And just the solution, in universities where I work, would obviously just be give this money to students from underprivileged under resourced backgrounds. But that isn't shiny, that's boring, that's been done before, that's not "innovative" and won't get a dean promoted or look good on a CV so think of something else.

It's something I care so much about but so much of it feels like universities saying they are doing something rather than actually doing something.

Reactions: 18
Yes! And I feel terrible about it because I really do care about marginalised people being given opportunities at work, but at the moment it is all just paying lip service to "inclusivity" by constantly talking about transgender people, putting tampon machines in the men's loos for the zero trans men at work, trying to climb that bloody Stonewall list - meanwhile, any focus on anyone else or wellbeing in a pandemic has been tossed aside.

I hate that it makes me feel like some grumpy old woman... I'm a working class, left wing, youngish woman and I'm increasingly pissed off at being told by men and women more privileged than me that men who say they're women are suddenly the most disadvantaged group of people on earth.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Absolutely. It is way too much. The whole LGBT thing now is very over done. LGB have their rights and I don't know of anyone (and haven't for yeeeeaaaars) who doesn't support them 100%. As you say inclusivity never includes women or disabled people and these days it is only about the T. For me it has had the absolute opposite effect and I have well researched this trans horror show and rejected it out of hand.

Reactions: 13
⬆⬆⬆ Yes totally with you on this. As soon as I see ‘inclusive’ I think it’ll be the blue haired brigade. When do we ever talk about people with disabilities? Or hearing/vision impairments? I had an interview last week and they asked about inclusion… I purposely talked about accessibility rather than anything based on gender.
Well remember when people with vision impairment / guide dogs said that the LGBTIQ+ zebra crossings didn’t work for them and were a danger and Islington council said they wouldn’t make any more and then just carried on.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.