Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It's sad that we've gone do quickly from body acceptance and being "born this way" and accepting yourself for who you are to the idea that you can be born in the wrong body and need a life of medical injections, traumatic surgery and constant affirmation. It's really become twisted up.
I have been lurking on this thread for a couple of weeks, and I would like to thank you all for educating me and offering different insights and opinions on this matter.

I am liberal and believe that anyone can be whatever they want to be, as long as they don’t hurt anyone else. It is none of my business as to what anyone else wants to do in their private lives. However, when their private lives spill out into society and how that affects others, especially children, then obviously questions need to be asked.

As a mother with an 11 year old daughter, I am shit-scared how society is treating the transgender issue and how it will affect young children. I have read up on Keira Bell, and found her story so emotional, poignant and sad. But I worry that kids are not being allowed to grow up. So, I would just like to share my experience

I had pretty crap parents and an older sister (we did not get on). My parent’s idea of parenting was that if there was a roof over your head, food in your belly and clothes on your back, job done. That’s it.

I looked ugly, unkempt and quite dreadful when I was growing up. My parents kept my hair really short (though I wanted it long), clothes were horrible and there was nothing about my appearance was feminine or pretty. I felt terrible about myself and this translated into school, where I was consistently told I was not very bright. Then puberty hit and I hated puberty. Spots, greasy skin and hair, I remember looking in the mirror thinking how ugly I was and that I didn’t want to grow into a woman, because I knew I would be an unattractive woman, and I didn’t want to be rejected.

I went to a single sex school, so no boys around, which suited me fine and I thought would take some pressure off. However, all the other girls were so different to me. They were pretty, slim, clever, confident. And again on a daily basis, I would just feel rubbish, lumpy, awkward, confused unconfident etc. I began to (though no name for it at the time) self-harm as the pain was a release as to how awful I felt. There were couple girls in my year that were stunning. Really pretty, amazing skin, tall, slim and popular and kind. And I just wanted to be like them. I did wonder if I was a lesbian as I was quite obsessed by them for a short period of time (but in their appearance, never sexually) as there were no boys in my life that I fancied. But I did fancy some popstars and actors, so I knew I wasn’t. I just wanted to be pretty and liked, that’s all.

Anyhow, eventually I discovered make-up, grew my hair long, was able to choose my own clothes and things (very) slowly got better. I grew up, my looks improved, was able to take care of myself, met boys and started having relationships. However, prior to that there was a good 6 or 7 years of absolute hell.

I guess my point is, if the internet was around at that time, I may have found other teenagers who felt the same way and whatever label they had given themselves, I may have adopted. And god knows where that path would have sent me. But that would have been wrong. All I needed was time to grow up, mature and take control of my life. Puberty is shit. Some parents are shit. Some home lives or school lives are shit. I understand now that I desperately wanted to escape who I was because it made me so unhappy. But age eventually did that, not pills and mutilating my body. I am now married to a lovely man and we have two happy kids. If you would have told the 13 year old me that one day I would have a husband and kids I would have said “How? With the way I am, behave, look?” Some people just need more time than others.

Sorry for the long ramble.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I'm sick to death of being labelled as "phobic", I don't have a phobia about anyone. I honestly don't care who sleeps with who, who wears dresses and who doesn't, what colour the pedestrian crossings are, or what cosmetic surgery people have to make themselves feel better.

What I DO resent, is lesbians being subtly coerced into having sex with men (sorry, people with "peens" 🙄) when they don't want to. I resent the implication that men can insist that they are lesbians, when they clearly aren't, nor can they ever be. I resent that a rape victim is told to examine her prejudices when she bemoans the fact that a women's rape crisis centre has employed a man. I resent men competing in women's sporting events, and expecting to be lauded for cheating. I resent being told that "women have penises", when we don't. I resent being treated like a fucking pariah when I complain about these things. And I resent women's rights being stamped on by a vocal minority of mentally unwell fetishists, who just want their sexual fantasies to be brought into the mainstream. This has to stop now. The majority of women have huge amounts of empathy for transsexuals and for people with genuine dysphoria. But not at the expense of our rights and freedoms, they're not having those.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
We live in a very strange world now.
It's not OK to claim that you are a different race or a different age because that is immutable.

People rightly get angry if someone claims to be a person of colour and they're not (like Rachel Dozial) because that is appropriation. Of course you cannot claim to have lived experience as a person who may have experienced prejudice because of the colour of their skin.

However men can bung on a dress and appropriate the experience of being a woman. I am baffled by the logic here. It's like living in the twilight zone.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

weeweegie

VIP Member
And leaving this here for you as says everything I want to say - this thread is full of transphobic cockwombles. So fuck you all!
Aww doll. I know you’re angry but you will be a much more content person if you accept that there will always be people who think like this and we are in the majority. I don’t have a phobia of anything apart from possibly huge spiders. If I met your daughter I would respect her pronouns and treat her like anyone else. But inside my head I would not think of her as an actual woman. I wouldn’t say that to her face as I wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings. But you can call us all the names you want, I will never, ever think trans women are women. I think deep down you think the same but your love for your child means you want to support and protect her. That’s admirable. I have a son and if he ever said he’s trans, I’ll support him but I will never, ever look at him and see a female. I gave birth to him. Seriously, you’ll just get yourself into a bad place if you keep trying to convince people to your way of thinking. I don’t believe in god, I don’t believe in horoscopes and I don’t believe in gender ideology. No phobias here (apart from spiders). But I understand it makes it easier for you to think of someone like me and others on here as hateful bigots. It’s a coping mechanism. Sending light and love to you 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
6057CE40-5323-4170-95CD-B69871E28B22.jpeg

Good.
Male bodies have no business in women’s sport. Female retention in sport at junior/intermediate level is poor as it is. It’s a personal sore point as I had to give up football when I was 11/12 because there wasn’t any accessible girls teams (this was 2001/2002 very small town) so men pushing aspiring(and those already at the top of their game) girls and women can sod off.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’ve just learned that Wallis has a wife and two daughters.

Funny how they haven’t been mentioned at any point during his “coming out”.

I hope his extra marital hook ups haven’t put her health at risk.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

Falkor

VIP Member
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
Exactly just like Freddy McConnell - I can't think of a more feminine thing to do than be pregnant and give birth tbh? How can anyone seriously believe these people have gender dysphoria?
Ah yes, but giving birth isn't just a "woman" thing now, is it? I've got NHS leaflets saved on my work laptop, they're full of terms such as "pregnant person", or "labouring person" etc, etc. 🙄
I do perform a tiny act of rebellion whenever I take a pregnant woman's blood sample though. Our maternity blood form, which is only ever used to send blood samples from women who are, or were pregnant, now has a box marked "Gender: male or female"
I always, always cross out "Gender" and write over it "Sex". And I then fill in the section labelled "Female", and write next to it "OBVIOUSLY" in capital letters.
The form has my name on it, I'm just waiting for a disgruntled lab employee to complain...😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

sheleg

VIP Member
I’m bisexual and I wouldn’t date a transman or a transwoman. I prefer my partners not to be self-delusional.

I’m sure this makes me a massive transphobic bigoted TERFy witch who needs to die in a grease fire, but in the words of Judy Garland:

I DON’T CARE!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
This is a bit random but does anyone else just feel a bit miserable about anything to do with 'diversity and inclusion' at work now? I used to be so passionate about D&I at work back when it was about more than just calling men 'she' and women with short hair 'they'. I actually dread anything about D&I coming up now because it's so blinkered and tedious, I can't remember the last time a D&I event focused as much on disabled people, or people from disadvantaged backgrounds, or women (in the real sense of the word) or even ethnic minorities. It's always about 'inclusive language' etc these days and to be honest even if you buy into the bollocks (which obviously I don't) I feel like it's so overdone and boring anyway? It's absolutely bizarre the power and attention this particular group have obtained tbh.

• Heart

Trixiebum

Just leaving this here for you all.
Also it is a sad day for the trans community as the Government had chosen to exclude trans and non binary people when it comes to making conversion therapy illegal 😞
But they’re allowed to make my life harder? I do not want to share my female facilities (like toilets, changing rooms) with a penis. I have a history of sexual abuse. I should be able to get changed in a female changing room without a male in there, no matter what they identify as. If they have a penis and a Y chromosome I do not want them in my changing room. That is not me being transphobic. It is me protecting myself and my mental health.
These spaces were fought for so females (with xx chromosomes) could be safe. Not so people with a penis could invade.

Last edited:
  • Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics tbh, non-binary is nonsense. Sex is immutable. Truth is simple. Science is truth. Biology is science, is truth. That is the simple part. All these ever changing fluid buzzword identities however are complicated because they are nonsensical.

I get that dysphoria exists, and causes distress, but lying to oneself and tying oneself in knots trying to wrangle oneself into a nonsensical intangible identity in order to feel validated is not going to help one’s own happiness in the long run. People with Dysphoria require proper mental health support, not unchecked affirmation.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I've seen a few posts about trans people being "erased" today too. Why do people keep claiming this? Where is the evidence? Because all I see are AGP TiMs looking for praise, young women setting up fundraisers so they can have heir breasts removed, more and more trans/non binary characters on TV shows, and so on... so no, they're not being erased. Cut the crap.

Yet women are reduced to "bleeders", "chest feeders", "birthing parent", all that bollocks. Sure seems to me that it's actually women who are being erased, quite literally.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Falkor

VIP Member
Paula Radcliffe adds her name to the list of sportswomen speaking out about this :)

• Heart
Reactions: 40

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Bit rich from her of all people. I'd say she has more testosterone running through her body than the average bloke never mind a trans woman if she were to be tested!.
I think you need to lurk on this thread a bit more before wading in with unfunny and misogynistic comments like that.

That’s not the vibe of this thread.

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Absolutely loving the amount of sportswomen coming out in support of keeping sports single sex.

• Heart