Gender Discussion #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To go back to the Stonewall definition on the previous thread - how can a person be transgender without gender dysphoria? I'm genuinely curious, how can you transition from one gender to another without feeling like you were born the wrong gender in the first place?! I can't make sense of it at all

Reactions: 11
@Jayceedove just wanted to say I've found your posts interesting and thanks for being respectful. I've come across many what transsexuals over the years who have not once made a fuss or demanded to be included in women's spaces and it's sad to see where we're at now.

Reactions: 24
To go back to the Stonewall definition on the previous thread - how can a person be transgender without gender dysphoria? I'm genuinely curious, how can you transition from one gender to another without feeling like you were born the wrong gender in the first place?! I can't make sense of it at all
It's a fetish or a paraphilia rather than dysphoria - 98+% of trans men (men who pretend they are women) will never have any surgery - they like to be 'girls' - Eddie Izard says he is in 'girl' mode some days - they just dress up as they think women should - usually like '50s starlets or hookers

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Another insane thing I saw someone say over the Lia Thomas thing was that if just one trans kid sees her victory and decides to continue living then that's worth far more than how some women do in a swimming pool. Always with the suicide angle. It's like trans folx permanently have a noose on standby!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
They are manipulative as duck. I feel sorry for any ~trans~ kid who looks at that opportunistic and fetishistic male and thinks he's an inspiration or whatever.

I get the vibes from him he doesn't even believe he's a woman, he's just doing this to see how far he can go and he can't believe how stupid the people who actually believe him are.

Reactions: 27
If as many trans people died because of ‘lack of healthcare’ as claimed in we would have examples all over Twitter. It really disturbs me how they do not abide by the reporting guidelines for talking about people who sadly take their own lives. It’s always gratuitous and shocking and offensive. So no doubt we would know about it.

In contrast so many women and girls are murdered and sometimes they do not even mention her name, just talk of the perpetrator. Double erasure.

Reactions: 30
@Jayceedove just wanted to say I've found your posts interesting and thanks for being respectful. I've come across many what transsexuals over the years who have not once made a fuss or demanded to be included in women's spaces and it's sad to see where we're at now.
I used to be on the TumblrInAction subreddit in about 2015 (back when it was mostly just for laughing at people who identified as anime characters and thought fitness requirements for firefighters were sexist and fatphobic), and a fair proportion of the users were medically transitioned people who were pissed off at all the 'stargender demigirls' on tumblr making them look ridiculous. Whatever your opinion on the cause and validity of identifying as trans, I think we can all agree that it sucks for anyone who's just trying to quietly get on with their life that the loudest voices claiming to represent them are these obnoxious AGP freaks.

Reactions: 26
That's not the point though and never has been. A man being allowed to compete in women's sports is wrong. End of. What are people not understanding? Is it because they don't want to upset or offend anyone, is it willful ignorance? Because all I'm seeing is a man taking advantage and elbowing his way into women's sports and I've seen it time and time again - they want access to women's toilets, changing rooms, prisons, hospital wards, groups.. Its never going to be enough, is it?

Reactions: 21
So the woman who came 2nd supports Will. Is she stupid or naive. Within 10 years no other female athlete will be able to enjoy the privileges that she has if Men continue to be allowed to compete. No male at birth person should be allowed to compete as a female ever no matter what if we want to maintain the rights of women in sport

Reactions: 17
If I had a pound for everyone saying a bloke competing against women has the same “innate advantage” as Michael Phelps competing against men with a shorter armspan… aaaaargh!

It’s the “well they’re going to rape you anyway” of the women’s sports debate.

Reactions: 21
That's not the point though and never has been. A man being allowed to compete in women's sports is wrong. End of. What are people not understanding? Is it because they don't want to upset or offend anyone, is it willful ignorance? Because all I'm seeing is a man taking advantage and elbowing his way into women's sports and I've seen it time and time again - they want access to women's toilets, changing rooms, prisons, hospital wards, groups.. Its never going to be enough, is it?

Oh my...this person is insane. I am lost for words!!

• Angry
Reactions: 13

Funny how this argument doesn't apply the other way, isn't it? Maybe Thomas should be competing in the biological males category despite having lower testosterone levels, because some people are always going to be at a disadvantage and "that's sports, buddy" 🤔

Unrelated and about two full threads late, but I'm reading throigh some of the previous threads and could someone please catch me up on what happened with the reddit mod who apparently admitted to sexually assaulting people? It got mentioned briefly but I didn't see it get discussed further - was this the same person whose father went to prison for raping a child, or was that someone else?

Reactions: 10
The sissies are reviewing period underwear and M&S don’t mind publishing their wank fodder reviews.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Funny how this argument doesn't apply the other way, isn't it? Maybe Thomas should be competing in the biological males category despite having lower testosterone levels, because some people are always going to be at a disadvantage and "that's sports, buddy" 🤔
It's ridiculous. Their argument never applies to Paralympic athletes (and nor should it) - oh, you've lost a leg? Well, you should still compete with athletes who have two legs because "that's sports, buddy!"

It couldn't be more obvious to me that they can't stand women. We're being gaslit into accepting men in our sports.

Reactions: 32
I work in a secondary school where the senior management are all very 'yay inclusivity' and unicorn farts (we actually had a poster of Mayor Owen up for a while to promote non-binary visibility, lol). Most of my colleagues don't really subscribe to all that but just roll their eyes and get on with it, like we do with all the new initiatives they're constantly coming out with. This week a couple of people have mentioned that they showed pictures of Lia Thomas in form time and were getting their classes to debate whether this sort of thing was okay, and the kids were apparently pretty stumped too. I think this story is getting so much traction that it's going to end up being a turning point for a lot of people who would otherwise think it was all just about pointless twitter drama.

It's ridiculous. Their argument never applies to Paralympic athletes (and nor should it) - oh, you've lost a leg? Well, you should still compete with athletes who have two legs because "that's sports, buddy!"
That's a point. If biological men can compete as women because it's how they identify, surely allowing people with BIID to start competing in the amputees categories follows the exact same logic?

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.