Gender Discussion #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Funny how this argument doesn't apply the other way, isn't it? Maybe Thomas should be competing in the biological males category despite having lower testosterone levels, because some people are always going to be at a disadvantage and "that's sports, buddy" šŸ¤”

Unrelated and about two full threads late, but I'm reading throigh some of the previous threads and could someone please catch me up on what happened with the reddit mod who apparently admitted to sexually assaulting people? It got mentioned briefly but I didn't see it get discussed further - was this the same person whose father went to prison for raping a child, or was that someone else?
That will probably be Aimee Challenor who rumour has it is back in reddit

Reactions: 4
Oh my...this person is insane. I am lost for words!!

DARVO - Deny, Attach, Reverse Victim and Offender. Pure narcissism. "If you don't agree that men who say they're women should compete in women's sports you're a misogynist".

I saw similar arguments yesterday, how we can't be feminists because we're arguing women are naturally inferior to men. They're bleeping idiots. What feminist has ever argued that men aren't physically stronger and faster than women? Zero - we just suggest that their physical advantages shouldn't be used to oppress us.

Reactions: 19
May as well scrap weight classes in boxing too then. Floyd Mayweather (in his prime) Vs Evander Holyfield (in his prime) should be pretty fair because they're both elite boxers. And if Floyd can't overcome being a foot shorter and ten stone lighter then that's just sport, buddy!

Reactions: 28
Owen Jones trotting out this absolute nonsense argument again. And to think he'd be the first to shout "bad faith!" or "strawman!" at anything reasonable which he simply didn't like.

FOYbKX2WUAoUKmP.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I saw similar arguments yesterday, how we can't be feminists because we're arguing women are naturally inferior to men. They're bleeping idiots. What feminist has ever argued that men aren't physically stronger and faster than women? Zero - we just suggest that their physical advantages shouldn't be used to oppress us.
This one absolutely blows my mind tbh. I keep seeing it too. What is hard to understand? It's the same as how there's paralympics so that the competition is fair...nobody suggests that the existence of paralympics implies that disabled people are 'inferior', just that a different playing field is needed to make the competition level. Some of these people are literally so stupid I wonder how they get out of bed in the morning tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Saw this tweet by Jack Monroe and Iā€™m confused how you can identify as trans and non binary at the same time? I thought trans meant you identified as one sex or the other and non binary was you didnā€™t identify as either?
58B75B77-13E6-479D-8CF3-7297D7FEBE51.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Saw this tweet by Jack Monroe and Iā€™m confused how you can identify as trans and non binary at the same time? I thought trans meant you identified as one sex or the other and non binary was you didnā€™t identify as either?
View attachment 1142559
Not that I think there's any logic to this at all but it seems like technically non-binary is under the trans umbrella.

I also think in gender land you can just call yourself whatever you want - it doesn't need to make sense.

Reactions: 17
Jack only uses the phrase ā€œnon binary transā€ because it makes her sound doubly oppressed. Why be basic non binary when you can be non binary trans?

Anyway, itā€™s a lie. She refers to herself as a woman constantly.

Reactions: 29
Not that I think there's any logic to this at all but it seems like technically non-binary is under the trans umbrella.

I also think in gender land you can just call yourself whatever you want - it doesn't need to make sense.
I thought I understood whatā€™s being transgender was, but you canā€™t be someone and not be something at the same time! Gosh my head hurts.

Reactions: 7
Owen Jones trotting out this absolute nonsense argument again. And to think he'd be the first to shout "bad faith!" or "strawman!" at anything reasonable which he simply didn't like.

View attachment 1142509
My god I detest this man.

I thought I understood whatā€™s being transgender was, but you canā€™t be someone and not be something at the same time! Gosh my head hurts.
Thereā€™s no logic in any of it. Not a thing of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Reactions: 9
That is my understanding too but maybe we're wrong šŸ¤”
In another post sheā€™s commented ā€˜as a womanā€™ so not Iā€™m even more confused about Jack. Never followed her but trying to work out her latest beef with JK Rowling over Gingerbread?

Reactions: 12
Jack Monroe makes up everything as she goes along. Pretty much everything she's ever said about her life is a lie, exaggerated or embellished in some way.

Professional victim billy bulshitter extraordinaire. She's been pretending to be poor and working class for years but has realised nobody gives a tit about that anymore so she has to adopt a set of new labels to legitimise her victimhood.

Reactions: 14
long time reader, first time poster
I've been reading this thread since thread #7.
Yesterday love island started here in Germany, and one of the "female" candidates is a trans woman. She told all the girls ,straight after meeting them, her story, got her praises on how amazing she looks (as women always do). She did not tell any of the boys, when they met. She is quite intrested in one of the boys (who has the brain of a fish). When they discussed online dating, he told her the story of being scammed by a "girl", who turned out to be a man. Even after that, she did not tell him.
You can see and definitly hear that she is transgender, but like I said, that man is dumb. Now my biggest problem are the comments online. Lots of people have the opinion that she does not need to tell him and that the only difference to a woman, the fertility is. Because TWAW!
I was so mad, that I came here and had to post my firt comment!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Jack Monroe has probably peaked loads of people with her cartloads of bullshit so she can carry on as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Reactions: 10
This, from the Albanian Crown Prince, popped up on twitter quite a few hours ago. I copied it at the time, glad I did, as it has since disappeared:

1647956921834.png

I see Labour are continuing to make themselves unelectable for the foreseeable future
Some excellent replies. Sharron Davies has a brilliant response

• Heart
Reactions: 29
long time reader, first time poster
I've been reading this thread since thread #7.
Yesterday love island started here in Germany, and one of the "female" candidates is a trans woman. She told all the girls ,straight after meeting them, her story, got her praises on how amazing she looks (as women always do). She did not tell any of the boys, when they met. She is quite intrested in one of the boys (who has the brain of a fish). When they discussed online dating, he told her the story of being scammed by a "girl", who turned out to be a man. Even after that, she did not tell him.
You can see and definitly hear that she is transgender, but like I said, that man is dumb. Now my biggest problem are the comments online. Lots of people have the opinion that she does not need to tell him and that the only difference to a woman, the fertility is. Because TWAW!
I was so mad, that I came here and had to post my firt comment!
This sounds like the ā€œSomething About Miriamā€ game show. I listened to a podcast about it recently. The tv production company that made it was sued by the male contestants, who werenā€™t told Miriam was a man.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.