Gender Discussion #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you think puberty blockers are reversible, I want you to remember in five years time that this is what you thought. Because my god there is an avalanche coming. There will be podcasts, documentaries about this in years to come. Remember that you thought they were reversible, based on nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If the horror show continues women will self exclude. I've already heard of a rape crisis centre outside London that takes care of women suffering from domestic violence and rape etc. It's a private network. This is great that women are organising away from males but really, we shouldn't have to.
We're smart we're survivors, we shouldn't have to be, but we are.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Th

Unfortunately this thread shockingly reeks of transphobia. Some of the views on this page are deplorable. I thought this was a place for sharing opinions but to my mistake, I didn’t quite get the context of this thread.

delaying puberty is imperative for those with gender identity issues. Those that go through puberty for the ‘wrong’ gender experience immense dysphoria.

as for ‘men born men should use men’s bathrooms’ and vice versa as quoted further up this page - wow. I hope none of you on this thread ever experience the loss of a relative from gender identity issues as a consequence of these ignorant views.

(also to add, quoting someone else’s opinion does not add to your argument at all.)
Yes because 9 year olds living in Brighton often have gender identity issues so delaying puberty is imperative. We need to give untested drugs where we do not know the long term effects to more children. Even if the decide on the Tuesday that they are the opposite sex at 9 because 4 of their classmates also are we are simply there as parents to reinforce that.......get them on the drugs!!!

That is all irony obviously but what someone does not ask is why there is a social contagion in certain schools or certain areas. Then when they are referred they are simply validated. Gender identity issues can only be diagnosed after years of actual therapy not after 2 sessions from a gender happy clappy at Tavistock - that is what currently happens. I would estimate that at least 95% plus children (if not more) would grow out of it given time or indeed much better therapy. Sadly you are one of the type of adults pushing unproven medical intervention at children.

I am also fed up hearing of the suicide argument which is complete and utter pish. The suicide statistics do not support it at all.......lets face it if we sadly had a child with genuine gender dysphory Mermaids would ride that corpse for all its worth. I have went on trans threads on reddit and frankly they scare me as its just all validation before quickly suggesting get on those puberty blockers. The threads are run by some pretty unsavoury people.

By all means call me transphobic it just reinforces my belief that anyone on the gender cult train is unable to think for themselves or articulate a reasoned debate. I might even get myself a T shirt with transphobe on it but the T shirt printers will probably be too busy printing up "kill terf" T shirts for men to wear at woman's events.

Reactions: 29
Same. It's so dangerous and manipulative.
I remember reading the original twitter thread of the scientist that debunked it but cannot find it...here is an article discussing it which you can see Mermaids blatantly lie and say they spoke to 2000 trans people when in effect it was only 27.

Reactions: 7
If this thread is transphobic look back and see I have expressed many similar thoughts within it. As I am a near 50 year since post op transsexual who has for years seen this current mess coming and spoken out about it before it arrived. And was hounded off other sites BY transgender people who have rude names for transsexuals like me too. Not just women. Then I can give a possible unique perspective as to why it is not.

I try to keep out of here as I was asked to do and quite understand why. But I needed to say to you that airing an opinion is not transphobia from someone who ought to know.

Being trans cannot be some mystical above the law status that cannot be questioned, It is a contentious thing and people will have differing views about it. That will be true forever and any trans person needs to know that or they will be hating the world forever. If they cannot live with disagreement they need to rethink transition and maybe see why being assessed by a psychiatrst up front is not a barrier but a pretty obvious necessity they want to toss away via self ID.

I do not agree with everything said in here - obviously - who does? It is a debate. Nobody ever agrees in debates,, It is their purpose to find consensus But I know the threat from current activism better than anyone as I can see in so many ways why they are wrongheaded in their approach and why women should be concerned by what the consequences of self ID will be. I can. They can. Transgender ideology seemingly cannot.

The dangerous stupidity of that hospital thinking lies are more important than a woman raped and any sport letting that swimmer cheat young women out of medals is way worse than any barbed words that might hurt a boy named Sue - which if a transperson collapses at their use againstf them is exactly why they maybe should rethink transition and not self declare what their sex is on line. If not they will react badly to anyone who disagrees. And there will always be disagreement in these matters. And they will live in mistery. They ARE controversial. Rightly so. Live with it. You do not have a monopoly on being right. Nobody does.

Transphobia exists in some places. But discussion on what to do to get things right is not it. Though it may upset those with a fragile gender identity which appears to only exist when sprinkled with magic fairy dust from the validation fragrance range.

Sorry again for intruding. As I promised I only will post if I think I have something to say that nobody else could. As I think this was.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So much is unknown about puberty blockers but the one certain thing is their effect on bone density - if you google "puberty blockers osteoporosis" a bunch of stuff (peer reviewed articles and journalism reporting on them) comes up about it.

Reactions: 13
Th

Unfortunately this thread shockingly reeks of transphobia. Some of the views on this page are deplorable. I thought this was a place for sharing opinions but to my mistake, I didn’t quite get the context of this thread.

delaying puberty is imperative for those with gender identity issues. Those that go through puberty for the ‘wrong’ gender experience immense dysphoria.

as for ‘men born men should use men’s bathrooms’ and vice versa as quoted further up this page - wow. I hope none of you on this thread ever experience the loss of a relative from gender identity issues as a consequence of these ignorant views.

(also to add, quoting someone else’s opinion does not add to your argument at all.)
BTW gender dysphoria isn't needed to be trans just check with Stonewall
Screenshot_20220224-194318_Twitter.jpg

In terms of the increase in 'trans kids' (and this extends to trans people in general) I suppose a factor is also that what it means to be trans has changed -- the bar is so low for what it is to be trans.

I could ID right this second as non-binary, and I would be considered trans. 🤷‍♀️
As could I if I borrowed my husbands coat if I forgot mine. Presumably I'd now need a detransistioner due to the fact that I no longer feel the need to wear mens t-shirts to the gym as I can fit in my own t-shirts again.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.