Gender Discussion #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sex question on the census in Scotland will be answered on a self-ID basis after the appeal was denied :(

Well, when my census form comes in I'm writing a load of made up shite. Suck on that Sturgeon

Reactions: 10
Well exactly, who gives a tit?

I can understand why someone with a ambiguous name might want to clarify their sex but if you've got a name which is obviously male or female why would you need to do this?
I legit had a guy in the office refer to me as “they” in an email, and made the point that it was because they were “unsure of my pronouns” because it wasn’t in my email signature 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I legit had a guy in the office refer to me as “they” in an email, and made the point that it was because they were “unsure of my pronouns” because it wasn’t in my email signature 🙄
Did you email back a sarky response?😀

Reactions: 2
What a weird guy. Just abandoning all common sense now. What if being referred to as they was offensive to you? It’s like calling you ‘it’. Bizarre.

Reactions: 12
Unfortunately I’m not quite brave enough 😂 but my feminine name, long hair, my short height and the fact that I constantly wear skirts should make it pretty clear what my sex is 😂
I bet he struggles to get a date if he can't tell 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I always make a point of saying, ‘Who’s she, the cat’s mother?’ to my children. I feel about 100 saying it but I want them to get into the habit of saying someone’s name if that person is present, NOT use (made up) pronouns. GC sneakiness 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Women can spot a TiM a mile away so, if I were in their company I would automatically refer to them by name so I wasn't rude to them. The whole pronoun thing is bollocks.

Reactions: 16
Delighted mine isn't in this list. I assumed they would, being public sector.
I'm not public sector, but I scanned that list yesterday holding my breath in case my employer was on there (it does have form). Thank duck it wasn't- although maybe this will just make them try harder next time.

Reactions: 4
Women can spot a TiM a mile away so, if I were in their company I would automatically refer to them by name so I wasn't rude to them. The whole pronoun thing is bollocks.
I was catching up on Clarice last night, first time I saw the character, I knew. Nothing was said until the sob story. If I can see, mate, everyone can see. At least they had made an effort mind you. But it was obvious to me. I wish they would stop trying to tell us no one knows, we bloody do know! We have been 'kind' up to now, but you are taking the piss. Gave you an inch and you took the whole world from us, duck off. Not being kind anymore.

Reactions: 7
Twitter gone absolutely nuts. All celebrities tweeting flags and protect the kids.
It’s like they can’t see themselves.
My timeline was hysterical, in the proper sense of the word. I told my brother (one of the few people I can talk to about this stuff) that they genuinely don't THINK about what they're endorsing. I say that as someone who used to be that way! I had no idea what was actually involved in gender-affirming care for children, just thought that supporting them meant saving their lives. But man, once you know....😬

Reactions: 5
My timeline was hysterical, in the proper sense of the word. I told my brother (one of the few people I can talk to about this stuff) that they genuinely don't THINK about what they're endorsing. I say that as someone who used to be that way! I had no idea what was actually involved in gender-affirming care for children, just thought that supporting them meant saving their lives. But man, once you know....😬
I brought this up on the whats annoyed you today thread. Forgetting there are people out there who are happy for kids to be given puberty blockers and get surgery. Honestly does shock me that people, actual sane adults, would support that. How can pre pubescent kids know they’re in ‘the wrong body’? When there body hasn’t developed yet?? Make it make sense.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately I’m not quite brave enough 😂 but my feminine name, long hair, my short height and the fact that I constantly wear skirts should make it pretty clear what my sex is 😂
How on earth did he cope with this distress of being unsure, say, a year or two ago, before the Age of the Pronouns befell us?

Did it trouble him?

Does he need to do an apology blog for retrospective offence or some such?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.