Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume that's different to providing a service though. Men aren't allowed to access a female only shelter (or can they if they claim to be a woman...I digress)

But providing a subscription service to openly discriminate against one sex over another would come under the Equality Act. I don't agree with the original reply I thought it was rude. And the boss seems to be back pedalling and suggesting they have informal agreements to prioritise women. But I would say he is right that they can't legally advertise prioritising one over the other.
I agree with this. Formally they have to state that they can’t prioritise women over men. However in real life they do.

Reactions: 3
It's hit the Daily Mail (grim comments)

Shouldn't have read the comments. Now I'm fuming. It's so easy for men to sit back and say "well ladies, you wanted equality, right?" - they absolutely relish stuff like this.

Women aren't asking to jump the queue. But there is a risk associated with being a lone woman. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Reactions: 19
Shouldn't have read the comments. Now I'm fuming. It's so easy for men to sit back and say "well ladies, you wanted equality, right?" - they absolutely relish stuff like this.

Women aren't asking to jump the queue. But there is a risk associated with being a lone woman. Why is this so hard for people to understand?
exactly, as if we have equality anywhere else anyway

Reactions: 13
“We all should feel comfortable with who we are in our own skin. But I think sports should be played on an even playing field.” Exactly, it’s easy like that, I seriously can’t believe there’s a debate over letting men into women’s sport, it’s bonkers…

Reactions: 21
All these fools sucked into this need to re-read the old fairy tale The Emperor's New Clothes. We all know these males are men, look nothing like women and will never be women but a load of us are sucked into keeping quiet or even supporting it.

All the people knew the Emperor was naked but all nodded and smiled until a child asked why the man had no clothes on. What will it take for people to laugh at these women-hating blokes wearing dresses and taking away our rights?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
“We all should feel comfortable with who we are in our own skin. But I think sports should be played on an even playing field.” Exactly, it’s easy like that, I seriously can’t believe there’s a debate over letting men into women’s sport, it’s bonkers…
Yes totally agree. Be who you want to be, but your body is your body. I note that Lia Thomas is 22 years old so will be a prime age for being brought up amongst all the "you can be anyone you want to be, you're beautiful, you're valid" crap.

I do have sympathy for people who get caught up in the shitstorm such as the DSD athletes. But if someone like Lia Thomas truly wants to compete as an elite athlete without people making it about their gender, compete as your biological sex, which is male. But we can't have people feeling invalidated, can we? It's LITERAL VIOLENCE!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
Given he is often used as a straw man argument for natural advantage given his wingspan and giant feet - it’s a positive thing he is on the side of fairness.

Given he is often used as a straw man argument for natural advantage given his wingspan and giant feet - it’s a positive thing he is on the side of fairness.
I’ve never understood that argument people have. Yes he has a biological advantage in one area. But biological men have COUNTLESS biological advantages over women it’s just not the same.

Reactions: 10
I dread the day I ever break down without a phone. I have a multi charger in my car and always charge my phone up if I’m going on a long drive even if I start with decent levels. I once broke down in daylight with my phone battery dying and was in such a flap. After that I got break down cover (NOT AA!) and bought the charger. It makes me feel so much better, I would urge everyone to get one if you haven’t.

On the car subject, I had to drive alone for a few hours recently and had to stop in a lay-by. Choice was either flash to all passing cars or go further back into some trees which felt a bit scary. I have some puppy pads for absolute emergencies, haven’t had to crack them open yet!

Reactions: 5
I dread the day I ever break down without a phone. I have a multi charger in my car and always charge my phone up if I’m going on a long drive even if I start with decent levels. I once broke down in daylight with my phone battery dying and was in such a flap. After that I got break down cover (NOT AA!) and bought the charger. It makes me feel so much better, I would urge everyone to get one if you haven’t.

On the car subject, I had to drive alone for a few hours recently and had to stop in a lay-by. Choice was either flash to all passing cars or go further back into some trees which felt a bit scary. I have some puppy pads for absolute emergencies, haven’t had to crack them open yet!
Amazon sell these, would anything like this be useful.

Reactions: 3
Another day, another AGP fetishist invading a space for women and girls.

• Angry
  • Wow

I heard this yesterday! It’s sickening. Girl Guides recruit this perv and double down on criticism by calling the police 😳

AND he was about to start working for them again

• Angry
Just noticed an email from my bank who I get my breakdown cover from and they are changing the provider to the AA from March. Think I’ll need to shop around for a new policy.

Reactions: 4
Watching AJLT SATC. bleeping Che.
Realised why they/them like they/them. Because they’re so egotistical that there needs to be multiples of them. Make it make sense! It literally makes no sense. They’re over there. *looks for multiple people and there’s only one*.

Why arent people allowed to ask if this is OK?

If it was perfectly above board, then the girl guides organisation would be able to defend this move! Some of those photos and images would be dodgy for anyone leading a group of girls, they dont exactly show a mature attitude!

let alone someone transgender!

Reactions: 9
Why arent people allowed to ask if this is OK?

If it was perfectly above board, then the girl guides organisation would be able to defend this move! Some of those photos and images would be dodgy for anyone leading a group of girls, they dont exactly show a mature attitude!

let alone someone transgender!
exactly, if similar photos had been found of a female guides leader 100% she would be deemed innappropriate and sacked . Of course things work differently for trans people

Reactions: 16
Whoever is allowing AGP men like "Monica Sulley" into the Girl Guides needs to take a good look at themselves. You have to ask yourself, why is a middle aged trans identifying man so interested in a leadership position with the Girl Guides? Out of all the clubs you could volunteer with, it has to be Girl Guides, doesn't it? Something is rotten about it.

Reactions: 29
exactly, if similar photos had been found of a female guides leader 100% she would be deemed innappropriate and sacked . Of course things work differently for trans people
Trans people are aware of the power they now hold and how scared people are of being accused of transphobia. Drunk with power hence folk like this bold enough to choose the girl guides to volunteer for. Wouldn’t have happened ten years ago.

The girls guides will be more concerned with how it looks to the world to be seen as going against a trans person (gasp!) than the actual safety of the girls themselves. It’s effed up.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.