Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs that’s brutal from the AA. Glad I’m not with them! You can just tell it’s a young righteous man typing that and enjoying every moment of it.
As some women pointed out we need to be prioritised based on sex not gender. Women are more likely to be at risk than men, there is a wealth of information out there that proves that!

Reactions: 21
What the hell is going on in Canada??
Surely as this is the most bonkers country in this regard, won’t the back lash be brutal when it hits? Or is it too far gone with the laws being what they are that it’s just screwed??
Wow. Is this real? I shouldn’t be surprised. Canada is not ok.

Reactions: 5
What the hell is going on in Canada??
Surely as this is the most bonkers country in this regard, won’t the back lash be brutal when it hits? Or is it too far gone with the laws being what they are that it’s just screwed??
Wtaf. It is just becoming clearer and clearer how much society hates women

Reactions: 12
I started to watch the 2018 documentary Trans Kids: it’s time to talk, made by Stella O’Malley today. I’ve put the link to it. It was originally on C4 but I’m not sure if you can still get it on more4. It got backlash I believe although I wasn’t aware of it in 2018 (sometimes wish I could go back to my ignorant bliss from then!).

I have to warn you though, there are upsetting scenes of TRAs going mental, and I mean mental at feminists and it’s shocking. I’m not gonna lie it angered and saddened me so much I cried and couldn’t change continue watching. The screaming of TWAW and the vile language they used on these women was just horrible. Be interesting to hear others thoughts on this. I will go back and finish watching it at some point but sometimes it all just gets too much. These young people are absolutely brainwashed in to actually thinking that’s trans women are actually women. The anger and hatred towards actual women is scary.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I know there is the argument that women shouldn’t see themselves as potential victims bla bla (I don’t subscribe) but that thread with the AA call out is really worrying. I felt that stomach flipping fear the other night walking from my back door to the road to put my flipping recycling out! Of course no one was out there waiting but it was pitch black, late, and it just came over me and I ran back in as fast as I could in slippers 🤦🏻‍♀️

If my car broke down in the dark somewhere I think I would have a genuine panic attack through sheer fear and worry. Not with the AA but that would put me off enough to ever join. I’m happy to see the comments though, everyone can see it’s a ridiculous response - ‘that’s equality’?!? What head even thought that was a good response?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The AA have realised they have fucked up
I wonder if the inital reply was some TRA or MRA young social media person and now that there is possible mass walkout from female members the big boss has waded in to regain control? It's not the first time a self righteous social media staffer has said one thing on Twitter and then a senior person comes in with the damage control.

Reactions: 9
How do you self identify as pregnant?? You either are pregnant or not pregnant, there's no two ways about it. Only women can be pregnant. Unless they mean "do you know if you are pregnant yet" perhaps. The way they use these terms is so jarring. I read an article yesterday and one person was referred to as Mx as their title and "they" and the whole sentence took me a few times to read to comprehend it.

I'd love some time off work. I'll identify as pregnant and when they ask for medical proof I'll just triggered and scream how dare you at them and call them pregnophobic. Do you think it will work? 😊

I mean, fuxk science right? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The response from the AA president is weird in that twitter thread ‘by the letter of the law we can’t say that’. Perhaps they need to look in to their messaging to find a way to reassure women within the bounds of the law?

there are a fair few dickheads in the tweet replies too. ‘You’re a feminist, why are you angry at receiving the same treatment?!’ Etc. This retroboxing is actually not that bad compared to some of the other replies, and I liked the well reasoned response explaining why it matters.
26CD82D5-0A9F-425D-9E73-AD9C31E9CE2B.png

C367D107-351F-4BEC-8F90-03F5A503B4EC.png

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.