Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are the Girls/Boys Brigades any better? Honest question. I grew up in GirlGuiding and I'm so sad to see it turn this way, absolutely no way would an adult female leader be allowed to continue after posting photos like "Monica" has.

Reactions: 10
I don't know if this has been posted before but it came up on my twitter today.

These people are mentally disturbed and there is something fundamentally wrong with them.

People genuinely believe the crazy stuff they come out and it's worrying but what's worse is that we give them a platform. It's almost bordering on schizophrenia by seeing and saying things that simply are not true.

I would be carted away and placed into an institution if I started spouting nonsense.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I don't know if this has been posted before but it came up on my twitter today.

These people are mentally disturbed and there is something fundamentally wrong with them.

People genuinely believe the crazy stuff they come out and it's worrying but what's worse is that we give them a platform. It's almost bordering on schizophrenia by seeing and saying things that simply are not true.

I would be carted away and placed into an institution if I started spouting nonsense.
so...... a movement started to get women's rights needs to now centre on a tiny minority of men who claim to be women. wtaf. Do we now need another wordfor feminism?

Reactions: 19
No one is saying trans people don't deserve rights yet we get called animals

And this happened again, the complainers should be charged for time-wasting

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Article about new celebrity surrogate baby Priyanka Chopra and nick Jonas. Am lost for words about how horrible this sounds.
19769683-B21A-4676-BCBA-04B3AFA0CEBC.png

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Article about new celebrity surrogate baby Priyanka Chopra and nick Jonas. Am lost for words about how horrible this sounds. View attachment 1006891
I theres one celebrity couple I believe are only together for PR, is Priyanka and Nick…even before I read the announcement, I was sure they bought their child through surrogacy. I got downvoted on another platform for saying I don’t support surrogacy because it’s exploiting women but yeah obviously the rich deserve their children no matter what 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was reading about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas' surrogate child earlier on twitter. Opinion was very split, you had the super woke Gen Z lot claiming it was the surrogate's "choice" and her body and all the usual tit. Then you had others saying its never OK to rent a womb.

People who support surrogacy seem to always believe that surrogates are truly doing it for altruistic reasons but that's far from reality. That completely glosses over the underground trading of surrogates and exploiting vulnerable women. You see more celebrities doing it because its the easy route, the woman might be older and doesn't want to risk carrying the child - so get someone else to do it.

Even if a surrogate is completely aware and willing to do it, it still seems wrong to me. The surrogate is at risk during and after pregnancy, and don't get me started on the emotional aspect of carrying a baby for 9 months only to hand it over to someone else. Women are conditioned to keep other people happy and take on the majority of childcare and now we're seeing that with them actually being asked to carry other people's babies.

And in Priyanka and Nick's case, they'll end up with nannies and other women taking on childcare. Because they're just so busy 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was reading about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas' surrogate child earlier on twitter. Opinion was very split, you had the super woke Gen Z lot claiming it was the surrogate's "choice" and her body and all the usual tit. Then you had others saying its never OK to rent a womb.

People who support surrogacy seem to always believe that surrogates are truly doing it for altruistic reasons but that's far from reality. That completely glosses over the underground trading of surrogates and exploiting vulnerable women. You see more celebrities doing it because its the easy route, the woman might be older and doesn't want to risk carrying the child - so get someone else to do it.

Even if a surrogate is completely aware and willing to do it, it still seems wrong to me. The surrogate is at risk during and after pregnancy, and don't get me started on the emotional aspect of carrying a baby for 9 months only to hand it over to someone else. Women are conditioned to keep other people happy and take on the majority of childcare and now we're seeing that with them actually being asked to carry other people's babies.

And in Priyanka and Nick's case, they'll end up with nannies and other women taking on childcare. Because they're just so busy 🙄
exactly,unless it is a friend/family member doing it as a favour the payment issue makes it clear that it is not going to be someone who is in a great financial situation imo. The baby will just be a fashion accessroy to them, just like with the kardashians, looked after by a team of nannies

• Heart
Am I reading this right? The baby is very premature, with a rocky road ahead and survival not guaranteed, and the couple haven’t rushed to see the baby and the surrogate because they’re too busy?

This is sick.

I saw a Tiktok account from a surrogate mother of twins. The intended parents are overseas and due to Covid restrictions, and not being arsed to comply with quarantine rules to enter the US (my hunch is the couple could even be British - they certainly have to be rich enough to afford an American surrogate instead of going for the cheaper Ukrainian baby farm option) she has been raising these babies for nearly a YEAR.

The comments were a 50/50 split:

1. OMG you cannot hand these babies over to these awful people who clearly don’t care about them enough to claim them

2. OMG how can you even be thinking of keeping the babies, they aren’t your babies, they belong to the absent parents!

I can only imagine the second camp are very young people who think that genetics are the only thing that makes a parent, and give zero shits about the babies who only know the surrogate as their mother.

Either way, it’s an absolute shitshow and those babies are going to suffer regardless of who raises them. They’ll either be ripped from the only caregiver they’ve ever known, or they’ll learn that they were commissioned by two people who couldn’t be arsed to come and get them.

So, so wrong.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Am I reading this right? The baby is very premature, with a rocky road ahead and survival not guaranteed, and the couple haven’t rushed to see the baby and the surrogate because they’re too busy?

This is sick.

I saw a Tiktok account from a surrogate mother of twins. The intended parents are overseas and due to Covid restrictions, and not being arsed to comply with quarantine rules to enter the US (my hunch is the couple could even be British - they certainly have to be rich enough to afford an American surrogate instead of going for the cheaper Ukrainian baby farm option) she has been raising these babies for nearly a YEAR.

The comments were a 50/50 split:

1. OMG you cannot hand these babies over to these awful people who clearly don’t care about them enough to claim them

2. OMG how can you even be thinking of keeping the babies, they aren’t your babies, they belong to the absent parents!

I can only imagine the second camp are very young people who think that genetics are the only thing that makes a parent, and give zero shits about the babies who only know the surrogate as their mother.

Either way, it’s an absolute shitshow and those babies are going to suffer regardless of who raises them. They’ll either be ripped from the only caregiver they’ve ever known, or they’ll learn that they were commissioned by two people who couldn’t be arsed to come and get them.

So, so wrong.
I can’t imagine anyone who has a child or any life experience being in the second camp so that tracks will being young people. When life is mainly virtual it’s easy to not understand actual relationships with other humans. I can’t see how parental rights are established if you can’t be bothered to visit your supposed children.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know I always seem to be talking about Snapchat but there are a few interesting things pop up about detransitioning. One very young man has gone back to his natural state after a couple of years on hormones and has said he is now non binary. Looks like a man and sounds fairly feminine, he is attracted to men (surprise surprise). He doesn’t ‘feel really masculine or really feminine’. While I’m happy he’s feeling comfortable again in his own skin and accepting he isn’t a woman, how can no one SEE how backwards this whole trend is? Entirely based on stereotypes. I am a woman because of my body, not my personality, it’s really that simple. There are no ‘woman brains’ plopped into male bodies or vice versa. I feel like the whole world is getting more dense by the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Bring on the law suits!!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I know I always seem to be talking about Snapchat but there are a few interesting things pop up about detransitioning. One very young man has gone back to his natural state after a couple of years on hormones and has said he is now non binary. Looks like a man and sounds fairly feminine, he is attracted to men (surprise surprise). He doesn’t ‘feel really masculine or really feminine’. While I’m happy he’s feeling comfortable again in his own skin and accepting he isn’t a woman, how can no one SEE how backwards this whole trend is? Entirely based on stereotypes. I am a woman because of my body, not my personality, it’s really that simple. There are no ‘woman brains’ plopped into male bodies or vice versa. I feel like the whole world is getting more dense by the day.
I totally agree! There’s no special ‘woman inside’ feeling or female brain. It’s all just biology. This whole trapped in the wrong body narrative needs to change. It’s all about stereotypes. I was reading on Twitter someone saying that at their kids school if a girl gets her hair cut short that means she’s trans 😩 wtf? So it means the girls all keep their hair long. It’s putting women and girls into even narrower boxes. It honestly feels like we’ve gone from girls can wear trousers, play football and hate the colour pink and that’s a-ok to yeah that all means you must be a boy 🤔 and it’s ADULTS that are pushing this. Beggars belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Friend in the USA talking about how it's a good thing Trader Joe's (grocery chain) has made toilets "gender neutral." Maybe it's good if you're a man, otherwise it ain't

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I totally agree! There’s no special ‘woman inside’ feeling or female brain. It’s all just biology. This whole trapped in the wrong body narrative needs to change. It’s all about stereotypes. I was reading on Twitter someone saying that at their kids school if a girl gets her hair cut short that means she’s trans 😩 wtf? So it means the girls all keep their hair long. It’s putting women and girls into even narrower boxes. It honestly feels like we’ve gone from girls can wear trousers, play football and hate the colour pink and that’s a-ok to yeah that all means you must be a boy 🤔 and it’s ADULTS that are pushing this. Beggars belief.
This angers me so much, it's so regressive. Growing up in the 00s I felt like the stereotypes were being banished a bit - sure it was the mostly boys at school who played football at breaktimes, but if any girls wanted to join in the boys would soon be told to stop complaining by teachers and that girls could do anything boys can. Trivial example maybe but I did feel up til a few years ago that we were getting somewhere with girls/women being encouraged to break stereotypes, do whatever we wanted, girls can do/be whatever we want. Now if a woman has short hair or doesn't like to dress feminine, they're assumed to be non-binary or trans. If young boys like to play with dolls or want to play with make-up, they must be trans. What happened to the radical notion that people are just people and we can do whatever tf we want without that being a reflection of some "trapped in the wrong body" bs?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bring on the law suits!!
Excellent. The only way to get things done in America is to sue all these doctors who said it was perfectly safe. Sue sue sue all those Frankenstein wannabes

I hope they financially ruin those doctors who ruined young people’s future

As usual this will be seized upon by the handmaidens who will only mention the % increase not the fact there is 76 reports of a hate crime. Not the actual number of ones prosecuted nevermind those found guilty.

Obviously 75 of them where made by David Paisley with the other one being made by a purple haired AGP who whilst wearing a school uniform was apparently misgendered.

Reactions: 2
Trans hate crimes rose by 76.7%, or the definition of a trans hate crime was changed to encompass stating biological fact, meaning that statements like "transwomen are biological male" are now hate crimes. I wonder which it is?

Reactions: 15
Friend in the USA talking about how it's a good thing Trader Joe's (grocery chain) has made toilets "gender neutral." Maybe it's good if you're a man, otherwise it ain't
This may be an unpopular opinion but I don’t hate the idea of having an option of gender neutral toilets/changing rooms etc. they’re so handy for families where the kids are old enough to feel awkward in the opposite sex toilets, but too young to go alone into the right ones. I used to swim and started to protest about going into the men’s changing rooms with my Dad at about five or six, but was probably too young to go in to the women’s alone. But the key point there being OPTION - so split sex facilities still there.

I also really think that ‘gender’ just comes down to stereotypes. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up as I played football and hung out with my male cousins, but it didn’t make me any less of a girl just because I did traditionally ‘boys’ things.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.