Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think they should have been served (if they weren't being impolite that is) but it does bother me that this person didn't want to diclose their surname but had no problem naming the barbers.

Reactions: 9
I used to have a very short hairstyle done with clippers (like Rihanna or that Emily Sande singer who was popular about a decade ago) and lots of women's hairdressers couldn't/wouldn't do it so I had to go to a barber to get the look I wanted. Not convinced it was worth going to the press over.

Reactions: 14
I agree, a barber is not a place that needs to be single sex (toilets excluded) and I don't know why they wouldn't cut short hair on a woman. Would they accept a man like my fiance with elbow length hair? It just seems strange

Reactions: 7
I agree, a barber is not a place that needs to be single sex (toilets excluded) and I don't know why they wouldn't cut short hair on a woman. Would they accept a man like my fiance with elbow length hair? It just seems strange
It has been suggested that's it's an informal cartel arrangement between neighbouring hairdressers and barbers - they agree not to poach customers because barber prices are usually cheaper

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yet another random murder of a young woman going about her day in broad daylight. It feels like a woman is murdered every few days/weeks between Ireland and the UK 😞

Every three days on average. I think it was 122 in the UK last year. Primarily by domestic partners. Will try and find source.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What do you all think about this? Trans man told to leave barbers as they "don't do women's haircuts." https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

Eta: posted too soon. Was going to say I don't blame them as the individual does look very much like a woman, but I think that spokesman could've done better than "we don't cut long hair" - the person in question seems to have short hair, and also some men have long hair? Would they then turn them away?
Without knowing if there's any further context or story to this, it's stupid as duck. When I had long hair with a side shave, I had no problem going into a barbers to get them to touch it up for me every so often - short hair is short hair!

Reactions: 6
Without knowing if there's any further context or story to this, it's stupid as duck. When I had long hair with a side shave, I had no problem going into a barbers to get them to touch it up for me every so often - short hair is short hair!
A girl I was at school with used to go to the barbers for her haircut. This was the late 1980s, I may add.

Reactions: 1
This post is doing the rounds on Instagram and the birthing people bit makes me want to vom. It isn't needed.

Screenshot_20220113-125508_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
EC0AA265-DA7F-47D4-AD32-32568CFF64BA.png

Another lecturer being accused of being transphobic but surprisingly a man this time!

Staffordshire Uni lecturer probed over 'transphobic' Twitter posts

#

• Angry
Reactions: 14
If I were a trans man I wouldn't want to present as a man but have a big pregnant belly. If it's all about feelings surely feeling like a man means being a mother is the last thing you'd want. It's all attention seeking. I feel sorry for the babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 986405
Another lecturer being accused of being transphobic but surprisingly a man this time!

#
They're targeting people with reasonable and common sense views now. He's an expert in criminology so I suspect he has way more insight into crime and prisons than the people who've accused him of tRaNsPhObIa for his views on prisons being single sex.

While it's tit for him, I tentatively hope this is where the tide turns and TRAs show themselves up for what they are. Also, he's a man, so much more likely to be listened to and taken seriously.

If I were a trans man I wouldn't want to present as a man but have a big pregnant belly. If it's all about feelings surely feeling like a man means being a mother is the last thing you'd want. It's all attention seeking. I feel sorry for the babies.
Being called "she" is unbearably triggering and might result in suicide, but carrying a pregnancy to term doesn't have the same effect? It's almost like none of this makes sense.

Poor kids though. As someone from an unconventional family (not like this, but adopted and always felt "different"), I think people really underestimate the impact this will have on children.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s called having your cake and eating it. If you decide to live as a man you give up your reproductive rights in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They're targeting people with reasonable and common sense views now. He's an expert in criminology so I suspect he has way more insight into crime and prisons than the people who've accused him of tRaNsPhObIa for his views on prisons being single sex.

While it's tit for him, I tentatively hope this is where the tide turns and TRAs show themselves up for what they are. Also, he's a man, so much more likely to be listened to and taken seriously.

Being called "she" is unbearably triggering and might result in suicide, but carrying a pregnancy to term doesn't have the same effect? It's almost like none of this makes sense.

Poor kids though. As someone from an unconventional family (not like this, but adopted and always felt "different"), I think people really underestimate the impact this will have on children.
What is very clear is that these people are just selfish, as you say god knows the effect this will have on the children caught up in this insanity

Reactions: 13
Is anyone else noticing that instead of saying violence against women in news reports and social media, people are saying ‘gender based violence’ more now? It is infuriating me that women are being erased everywhere I turn but these same people/companies/news outlets NEVER erase the word man or men. It’s insidious but it’s definitely happening and I hate it.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
The And Just Like That storyline with Miranda falling for a "non-binary" person is beyond insulting. They clearly felt that her being a lesbian wasn't good enough so she has to be "queer" and get with a woman that wants to pretend she's not a woman.

There was an American show a couple of years back called Work In Progress that was getting a lot of praise from the "queer" crowd where the lead was a lesbian comedian/actress basically playing a fictionalised version of herself. The main storyline was her character falling in love with a transman ... so is she supposed to be in love with a man (thus, not "queer", or at least less "queer") or were they admitting transmen are, in fact, women?

View attachment 986405

#

Obviously not good for the guy involved but when he references the fact 53% (think that was the figure) of woman in prison have been subject to abuse/violence at the hands of a man therefore it should be single sex. Would like to see the usual talking heads being asked about that and trying to argue against his viewpoint which is based upon research.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.