Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 11 year old boy has been mistaken for a girl by several teachers and students since starting secondary school in account of his very long wavy auburn hair. I offered to complain via email only for him to recoil in horror because his head of year has pink hair and wouldn't know I was joking!. I am a little hopeful that his generation see through the guff they are taught in citizenship.

Reactions: 8
Lily Madigan seems to have disappeared off the public and social media radar completely - 23 now, so must have finished university, and hopefully disappeared quietly into the world of work and a peaceful life. Last Instagram post was April 2020, signing up to the Royal Voluntary Service to help out the NHS, which I applaud wholeheartedly.
Good.
Last I heard about him, he had harassed a few women at his uni, calling them TERFs for reusing to sleep with him.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m quite into climbing and noticed a women’s night advertised on a climbing place’s Facebook page. Clicked on it to see this. I don’t particularly care if trans people are welcomed, makes no difference to me, it’s the ‘cis’ I take umbridge with. What about the women who don’t ‘identity 🙄’ as cis. Defo won’t be going now. It is so insidious how this language has seeped in to organisations as normal practice.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I’m quite into climbing and noticed a women’s night advertised on a climbing place’s Facebook page. Clicked on it to see this. I don’t particularly care if trans people are welcomed, makes no difference to me, it’s the ‘cis’ I take umbridge with. What about the women who don’t ‘identity 🙄’ as cis. Defo won’t be going now. It is so insidious how this language has seeped in to organisations as normal practice.
it makes no sense, why do trans women want to just be called women if we know have to identify ourselves as cis women?

Reactions: 15
It's because trans identified males want to be seen as 'women' and actual women as the 'other'. That's where they've been going with this

• Angry
Reactions: 19
The trans and non binary people won’t go either if it’s a place that centres women and not them. They hate that.

Reactions: 10
Surely there's bound to plenty of women that will see that climbing group thing and wonder what the hell "cis" means?

Reactions: 7
I came on here to post about Terry Gilliam being cancelled by the 'Old Vic' and see that it's already been mentioned.

How absolutely ridiculous 🙄 theatres against free speech! So much for the days when theatres used to push the boundaries and offer real thought provoking entertainment. Terry Gilliam has always had the intelligence and wit to satirise the establishment of the day.

I sincerely hope that the theatre loses support for this sinister move. They are now punishing everyone who was involved in this production and probably needed the work after lockdown.

To be honest I think that there's also a huge element of 'ageism' going on here which of course is never mentioned. In other words young people (especially those who support TRAs) are right and older people now labelled 'gammons or boomers' are wrong.😡😤

Last edited:
I was actually on Reddit thread where they spoke about tattle and said it was good but “quite terf oriented” yeah because the mods aren’t weird autogynephiles that most subreddits have as mods.

Don’t even get me started on that Reddit administrator man who identifies as a trans woman whilst defending his pedalo husband and pedalo child rapist father.

Also the oldest looking 23 year old I’ve ever seen. I’m older than them and look 2 decades younger.
Challenor makes me feel queasy. A disgusting AGP with long greasy hair.

Reactions: 11
Challenor makes me feel queasy. A disgusting AGP with long greasy hair.
bleeping state of him. He looks like a fairytale swamp character from shrek. Paedophile lover and enabler.

I have no doubt he has those views and that mindset as well seeming he’s married to one and is completely okay with his fathers brutal crime towards a little girl.

Reactions: 9
I saw on Twitter people saying cis isn’t a slur and it’s just saying ‘woman who isn’t trans’ but again that’s defining us by something we’re not? Trans women are not the ‘norm’ for women, it should just be women and trans women 🙄

Reactions: 28
I came on here to post about Terry Gilliam being cancelled by the 'Old Vic' and see that it's already been mentioned.

How absolutely ridiculous 🙄 theatres against free speech! So much for the days when theatres used to push the boundaries and offer real thought provoking entertainment. Terry Gilliam has always had the intelligence and wit to satirise the establishment of the day.

I sincerely hope that the theatre loses support for this sinister move. They are now punishing everyone who was involved in this production and probably needed the work after lockdown.

To be honest I think that there's also a huge element of 'ageism' going on here which of course is never mentioned. In other words young people (especially those who support TRAs) are right and older people now labelled 'gammons or boomers' are wrong.😡😤
This was a conversation topic on LBC this morning. An absolute tool who sounded Canadian phoned in all rainbow guns blazing. Shouting about how transhobes don't deserve any consideration or tolerance because they are intolerant. He compard it to asking for tollance against a racist.

He said being a transphobe dserves being cancelled. Then ended his rant with "Gillian is in his 80s now he's had his career so what does it matter."

I was left wondering what his excuse was for being ageist. Talk about showing your true colours, while trying to excuse intolerance to people with gc views, he was also then intolerant to older people.

• Angry
  • Heart
I saw on Twitter people saying cis isn’t a slur and it’s just saying ‘woman who isn’t trans’ but again that’s defining us by something we’re not? Trans women are not the ‘norm’ for women, it should just be women and trans women 🙄
Or women and trans identified males given that they are not women, with or without the space!

• Heart
I saw this on a FB page today (I always wonder if any of this thread are in the likes and comments on pages I like). My organisation didn’t notice ‘pronoun day’ thank god, but a few of them have them. If it does get discussed, I might do this with an anonymous email:

BAD2324E-5866-4461-A738-3C02437D1F37.png

CD18FCFB-7DBF-4BE2-8246-57BAC02B1E74.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31
My issue with cis is that the people who call others "cis" are all about lived experience and not presuming someone's gender identity, yet
Met Police again. That Jamie one looks like he is smirking behind his mask. No shame. Repulsive cretins.
Shared with 42 colleagues. It speaks volumes about the culture in tbe Met that they not only took the photos, but then felt secure enough in thay behaviour to share them with 42 others.

I couldn’t believe this thread, all the replies are basically saying that if you don’t want to date trans people then you’re transphobic 🤦🏻‍♀️
57144D1D-9CEA-48B0-A9CC-5FF480A59E87.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
My issue with cis is that the people who call others "cis" are all about lived experience and not presuming someone's gender identity, yet

Shared with 42 colleagues. It speaks volumes about the culture in tbe Met that they not only took the photos, but then felt secure enough in thay behaviour to share them with 42 others.
I would say it is unbelievable, but at this point it is not at all. This last year (ish) has been really shocking for me, I am white and have never really had any interaction with police tbh (obvioulsy I always knew about hte racism, stop and search etc) but other than that I was pretty oblivious, but it really is clear how insanely toxic it is. As you say, it cannot just be a couple of bad people if they know they can send such photos to 42 other people who will be fine with it

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.