Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Penelope Jackson has been sentenced. Looks like the judge had some pretty scathing comments for her.
18 years. Compare this to the chap who strangled his wife at the start of lockdown because he was "stressed" who received five years, which the court of appeal have refused to increase.

Add to that all the women who have been murdered in "sex games gone wrong" where the men have invariably received very low sentences, and I just want to bleeping get off the world.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
18 years. Compare this to the chap who strangled his wife at the start of lockdown because he was "stressed" who received five years, which the court of appeal have refused to increase.

Add to that all the women who have been murdered in "sex games gone wrong" where the men have invariably received very low sentences, and I just want to bleeping get off the world.
this really is just unbelievable

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She's a woman, she's in the wrong... I think she may have been pushed too far but haven't followed the case closely enough. She certainly sounded pretty insane during the ambulance calls.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She's a woman, she's in the wrong... I think she may have been pushed too far but haven't followed the case closely enough. She certainly sounded pretty insane during the ambulance calls.
what were the ambulance calls?!

Sounds like he'd been physically and mentally abusive throughout the entire marriage. None of the more recent articles seem to acknowledge that however.

Reactions: 4
@emm, she stabbed him I think 3 times, then called the ambulance and said she thought she might stab him again. They urged her to help him but she wouldnt... if I was her defence I'd have been calling temporary insanity due to previous abuse, but the judge said she was evil.(or words to that effect)

Then you get men saying "oh she liked it rough, but she died" and they get minimal sentences.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

And with her age I highly doubt she will see the other side of prison. After cases like Sally challen how are we still here?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Personally I think a lot of people are looking for excuses for things. Mental health is an issue (I have suffered with anxiety in the past) and I think it always has been but in the past people just had to get on with it. My gran who passed away recently apparently used to get very anxious but it only really came out to her children when she lost a number of relatives, and most of her support system within 2 years. Her sister underwent electric shock therapy after a break up and her brother had suffered with depression. I think in the past people just had to get on with life regardless of mental health issues and it was brushed under the carpet.

I think it's also the same with parents who don't properly discipline their children. I've been told storied about parents who don't tell their children off when they are naughty but go and get an autism or adhd diagnosis. A relative has had her son diagnosed with both, I've met him recently and he seemed like a normal kid but was hyper focused on things (I always understood adhd to be an inability to focus). This kid is on medication and the sound effects sound awful. A colleague knows someone who never tells her kid off when she is naughty because she has adhd - no wonder kids are entitled. My sister and I would be told off and rarely smacked on the bum when being naughty (apparently now a nono but didn't do us any harm).

I really do think that all these diagnoses along with the 'trend' of non-binary is just people wanting to be different or special to have allowances made for then.

The reaction to the BBC article was ridiculous. Apparently we must always believe women unless they are making accusations against trans people in which case they are lying witches. I am sure most trans people don't pressurise people to sleep with them the same way we know most men aren't rapists but don't call people liars because it doesn't fit your narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
With Penelope Jackson, it looks hard to tell what the situation was in the marriage. While domestic abuse is statistically more prevalent as male against female, doesn't mean women aren't ever capable of abuse. My own mother I believe has a personality disorder and I don't like the way she has often treated my dad. If the sexes were reversed, she has treated him in ways that would be seen as wrong.

I finally finished the BBC stonewall podcast series - it was really good. If it's been watched by people who previously didn't really understand what all this fuss is about then it should really peak them. Every time they got someone from the other side - the non-binary mayor, pink news etc, they just came out with things that were absolutely crazy.

Reactions: 8
With Penelope Jackson, it looks hard to tell what the situation was in the marriage. While domestic abuse is statistically more prevalent as male against female, doesn't mean women aren't ever capable of abuse. My own mother I believe has a personality disorder and I don't like the way she has often treated my dad. If the sexes were reversed, she has treated him in ways that would be seen as wrong.

I finally finished the BBC stonewall podcast series - it was really good. If it's been watched by people who previously didn't really understand what all this fuss is about then it should really peak them. Every time they got someone from the other side - the non-binary mayor, pink news etc, they just came out with things that were absolutely crazy.
The thing is, even if she was the one abusing him the whole time she has still been given a way harsher sentence than any of the male abusers we see jailed.

Reactions: 13
I'm sorry but both men look ridiculous
They do in a way the likes of Bowie, Prince etc didn't. Men have worn dresses throughouy history as part of their gendered costume. I think its too contrived and point making now. Billy and Harry look like two blokes in dresses that's wearing them. Both styled by others.
Look how feminine mick jagger postures in the 60s and how it was so effortless.

Reactions: 10
This is behind paywall but I saw someone on Instagram post it, even the title is enough to make me think what the ffffffff.

These students need to get back in their place as students who are here to learn, not aggressors.

They are actively bullying staff into submiting to gender cult.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
:rolleyes: - nope - Sussex uni is weak

Also this news story - it's for menopause but wonder will trans benefit from this?

In that document they use the phrase 'trans liberation' and I'm not entirely sure if I know what they mean by that?

If they live in a country like the UK they already are liberated, especially compared to men and women (including those who are gender non-conforming/LGB etc) in lots of other parts of the world.

So what does 'trans liberation' mean? Self ID? Compulsory pronouns in workplaces? women-only spaces are women AND trans women AND non-binary people? State funded GRS and Hormones? Misgendering (accidental or intentional) criminalised?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I am seriously worried that pronoun statements will become compulsory at my place of work because of students bullying/lobbying. Sometimes I think not many people have taken note of Forstater's success in court ☹ Bullies have won with Stock this week and I think other students will copy this in other institutions 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I am seriously worried that pronoun statements will become compulsory at my place of work because of students bullying/lobbying. Sometimes I think not many people have taken note of Forstater's success in court ☹ Bullies have won with Stock this week and I think other students will copy this in other institutions 😥

Same. I will refuse, though. I have a gender-ambiguous name and given that women are still discriminated against and presumed less capable based on their sex I'm quite happy to be presumed to be a bloke if it makes my life easier.

Reactions: 12
This is behind paywall but I saw someone on Instagram post it, even the title is enough to make me think what the ffffffff.

These students need to get back in their place as students who are here to learn, not aggressors.

They are actively bullying staff into submiting to gender cult.
https://archive.md/gFFSJ

And looks like it's been the same in Edinburgh

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.