Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“micro-insults” to avoid, such as “I wanted to be a boy when I was a child”

Hahahahaha absolutely duck off 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I will always refuse to share my pronouns - no one can ever make you. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m still on edge waiting for my work to suggest that we do. When they do I will strongly decline. Speaking to a few other women at work who feel the same but I know a few others that will just do what they’re told.

https://archive.md/gFFSJ

And looks like it's been the same in Edinburgh

How have we got to a stage where every word you utter is policed? What if you are a woman that really did want to be a boy when you were young? And that topic came up? Why would you be forced to silence yourself? It’s absolutely cray cray.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I will always refuse to share my pronouns - no one can ever make you. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m still on edge waiting for my work to suggest that we do. When they do I will strongly decline. Speaking to a few other women at work who feel the same but I know a few others that will just do what they’re told.

How have we got to a stage where every word you utter is policed? What if you are a woman that really did want to be a boy when you were young? And that topic came up? Why would you be forced to silence yourself? It’s absolutely cray cray.
Ah but we're the privileged oppressors and must centre literally everyone else's experiences above our own.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I wonder if 999 call handlers are being told to ask pronouns of people phoning in. Person phoning is in utter distress but you can’t say ‘sir/madam are you ok?’ You can see that happening. ‘I was running from an attacker then I phoned 999 and was misgendered by the call handler’ which crime is ‘literal violence’ in this case 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
I wonder if 999 call handlers are being told to ask pronouns of people phoning in. Person phoning is in utter distress but you can’t say ‘sir/madam are you ok?’ You can see that happening. ‘I running from an attacker then I phoned 999 and was misgendered by the call handler’ which crime is ‘literal violence’ in this case 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Wouldn’t surprise me. Then someone will end up dying but the only reaction will be “but trans women die more”

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I think I'm lucky in my job in that I am a data analyst, so my colleagues are all quite grounded in reality. Our little corner of the NHS seems reasonably immune to the pronoun nonsense and it hasn't come up in any team meetings so far (although it does sometimes crop up in all-staff briefings/emails and of course EDI webinars and so on). If I am ever directly asked, I'm planning to say that I feel it is entirely inappropriate to be asked to make what is essentially an ideological statement in a work email signature. Would it be appropriate for them to ask us to have 'praise Jesus!' or a link to the Communist Manifesto in our sigs? Of course not. Pronouns are just as inappropriate in my opinion.

Reactions: 21
Just saw this, thankfully there are still ones talking sense

or the archive https://archive.md/YlI7A

Think the unis may need to look at the SU that isn't looking out for all students, any one that suggest violence to other students that they don't agree with should be kicked out from the SU and maybe even their course

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The sharp increase in tuition fees mean that academic institutions are now businesses and no longer academic institutions. They pander because the students are the customer and the customer is always right. I have a friend who is a professor and years ago even before the trans agenda was as prevalent as it is now they were being reminded that the students are paying hefty fees and should be afforded leniency.

We can thank our wonderful government for this.

Reactions: 15
Well yes, when you're paying £9250 a year for tuition alone, it would be nice to get some tuition wouldnt it? My second daughter got virtually none the last 2 years due to covid - yet there seem to be no plans for a refund. And that's leaving aside the woke debate...

Reactions: 11
Same. I will refuse, though. I have a gender-ambiguous name and given that women are still discriminated against and presumed less capable based on their sex I'm quite happy to be presumed to be a bloke if it makes my life easier.
That is a perfect response to any request to do so.

The thing is, even if she was the one abusing him the whole time she has still been given a way harsher sentence than any of the male abusers we see jailed.
Yes, I've got no quibble with that.

The Girl Guides have posted about Asexual Week. I'm ace and I just don't see how its particularly relevant for most of the GG audience, which is pre-pubescent girls.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
With things like that i feel like the internet is free and widely available and I’m glad that young people can look and find there are people like themselves so they aren’t strange or weird or however because they might not feel like their friends. That is information to be sought. What some places are starting to do is propaganda of a trans agenda.

Reactions: 5

The Girl Guides have posted about Asexual Week. I'm ace and I just don't see how its particularly relevant for most of the GG audience, which is pre-pubescent girls.
That just reminded me of PSNIs pandering in the topic earlier in the week, thankfully the replies were mostly sane people

• Haha

Just goes to show that being a transwoman opens up so many career doors. It happens again and again and again.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It was a feminist writer who made those images with the quotes. So people could see the shite they come out with. I know her personally

She was careful to call them 'trans identifying' as male would get her banned from Twitter

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It was a feminist writer who made those images with the quotes. So people could see the shite they come out with. I know her personally

She was careful to call them 'trans identifying' as male would get her banned from Twitter
Thats brilliant 😅

There's a thread on this site slagging off Mumsnet and someone posted this:

"They all claim to be such ultra woke lefties, but they show their true colours whenever transgender issues are mentioned."

Those awful uterus havers not believing TWAW!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There's a thread on this site slagging off Mumsnet and someone posted this:

"They all claim to be such ultra woke lefties, but they show their true colours whenever transgender issues are mentioned."

Those awful uterus havers not believing TWAW!

Imagine being sceptical that a bald, 20 stone bloke with a huge beard in a dress doesn't have a vagina?!

• Haha

It’s quite obvious that Stonewall have been ‘advising’ the Girl Guides. This is a huge huge mistake of the GG. I hope they delete all mention of it as it’s extremely inappropriate. My kid goes to the scouts and I’d be very angry if they talked about sexuality to kids who are under 10.

Stonewall are just so insidious now. They are in the ear of every organisation. They are successful because everyone is so terrified of the TRAs and being labelled transphobic, like there is nothing more evil in the world. Please. If only racism could be tackled in this aggressive way. It’s a much worse and more harmful problem. Not even Black Lives Matter has the kind of power to change things the way stonewall has. It has got to stop.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.