Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In regards to Oxfam's ridiculous coddling of trams people, instead of erasing WOMEN once again, why don't they make an inspirational men boardgame, inspirational women and inspirational LGBT. There. Problem solved.
But I feel this discussion shouldn't be happening as we are allowed to celebrate women!
If they (trans women) wanna be one of us then stand with us and support us instead of wanting us to disappear. Otherwise duck off.

Reactions: 15
I’ve started listening to the Stephen Nolan Stonewall podcast. There’s 10 episodes so far so it’ll take me a while but liking what I hear already. Or at least, I’m liking the fact what he’s saying is being said out loud as everyone is so scared to speak out or question stonewall and the whole trans debate.

Am I gender fluid because I'm wearing trousers today?
I must be too, no make up, scruffy hoody and black jeans. Just call me Bob today please.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
From what I can gather that photo was for vanity fair I think and was tying in with an interview he was doing with them to do with him appearing in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. So talk about changing history to suit an agenda.
Androgynous was the term applied to Bowie and the glam rock also women like Annie Lennox. A word that does not demand changing pro nouns having a hiss fit

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What is it with the TRAs and taking the statement "only women have vaginas" to mean that you are reducing women to their genitals and obsessing with their genitals?? It doesn't mean that at all!!

Reactions: 8
They want to cancel Matlider now. Apparently Trunchbull is transphobic.

I don't really get it. Are they trying to say masculine women don't exist, Trunchbull would be trans. Because that to me sounds like they are the ones trying to erase butch women, who absolutly do exist and are 100% women.

I hate the way they preach about the importance of identity. But they are allowed to slap identities on others and if you're "cis" (🤮) your identity doesn't matter.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

I don't really get it. Are they trying to say masculine women don't exist, Trunchbull would be trans. Because that to me sounds like they are the ones trying to erase butch women, who absolutly do exist and are 100% women.

I hate the way they preach about the importance of identity. But they are allowed to slap identities on others and if you're "cis" (🤮) your identity doesn't matter.
Hahahahah, oh duck off. They need to get a life.

This is exactly what Abigail Shrier was saying... There are less young lesbians now and more girls going trans. Because to like girls and not dress girly automatically = "trans" in today's society. So fucked.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

I'm waiting for them to claim a religious figure like Jesus as "trans", the uproar would be immense. I wonder actually if that's what we need, so someone to say such a thing. Imagine if they went after the prophet from Islam? Maybe then the tide would turn on the ridiculous gender ideology and transing of the dead/fictional characters and religious icons?! Just IMAGINE if they dared? So many people would be offended back at the TRAs.

Or, publicly claiming a living celeb is trans and the actual celeb clapping back saying how dare you make up lies and fictions about me?!

What will it take to actually peak the masses? The Olympics chatter wasn't enough I don't think. Maybe it will take uproar from religious groups of multiple nations, or a really famous person being incorrectly assumed as gender fluid or trans or whatever.

Reactions: 10
So we’re not cancelling Dahl for his antisemism but we are for that? Got it.

Reactions: 19

They're so bleeping self absorbed. I'd say it's probably a pretty misogynist description, that the mean woman is big and unattractive (by conventional standards) and the nice heroine is delicate and pretty and "feminine".

If you want to be a woman you're sadly going to be held to the same crappy standards the rest of us have been since time immemorial.

Reactions: 21
Channel 4 have removed a 'transphobic' episode of the IT crowd, as it was 'controversial'. Isnt that what CH4 strive for? To be controversial? To show comedy that pushes boundaries at times? Showcasing comedians like Jimmy Carr who makes jokes about kids, disabilities, women.. but an episode of the IT crowd is where the line is crossed? A character dates a trans woman unknowingly, then dumps her when he finds out. Then they later fight which is done to show the masculinity of the trans woman.

Everyone bowing to the trans army. Wtaf.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
What the duck? She’s a woman in the book, a woman in the film and played by a woman?! Literally nothing to do with trans issues- she just likes shotput… javelin…HAMMERthrow!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She mentioned Patrick Swayze in the 90s being photographed very artistically in a little black dress and wearing make up and saying that there wasn’t the language for it back then but he was definitely gender fluid.
I don’t think it’s fair to label someone else, especially if they are dead. I thought this whole movement was against labels? But they’ve got so many!

Reactions: 13
Cancelling tea cakes, games and books. Whereas actual women are being murdered, mostly by men. The more stupid stuff like this they do the more I hope people will get sick of it.

• Angry
Reactions: 30
I see the new version of that inspirational women game will be amended to feature Ellen Page as Elliot Page. But if "he" is a man now, why is he in the game at all? They cant have it all ways? (who am I kidding, of course they can). Will the complaint change from deadnaming to misgendering when version 2 is released?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
So if all girls who like girls are boys and all boys who like boys are women - there are no more same sex couples… except of course most straight men will not date a trans woman and many straight women won’t date a trans man. Why are people making their own lives more difficult with more rules about what to wear. I’m sure there is a newsletter about the blue hair dye.

Reactions: 10
So is the film Juno, made in 2007 now about a boy facing an unplanned pregnancy? How confusing!!!!!

Juno: Directed by Jason Reitman. With Elliot Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman. Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding the unborn child.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.