Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just spotted this comment on a navel-gazing thread about how we shouldn't say "guys" because it's not gender neutral and couldn't resist replying.

These self-involved dipshits really think they're the good guys (ha) in this situation don't they?
In my opinion guys is gender neutral though! I was a waitress for a long time and I would think nothing of saying hi guys to a group of girls?! Its not like you are saying hello you big MANLY MEN.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Hello all. I’ve been lurking here and love the cut of your clear, reasonable and pragmatic jib on a topic that’s generally poorly given to all these fine qualities. Thought I’d just stick my head over the parapet briefly to share this:

I’m finding it difficult to form any words beyond a trope that contains ‘has,’ ‘world,’ ‘the,’ ‘mad’ and ‘gone.’

Time for the BBC to be CANCELLED

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just spotted this comment on a navel-gazing thread about how we shouldn't say "guys" because it's not gender neutral and couldn't resist replying.

These self-involved dipshits really think they're the good guys (ha) in this situation don't they?
They are such authoritarian little bullies. Any excuse to not tip a waiter and to penalise people for not complying with what they deem to be the correct behaviour.

Give it a little while and folx will be deemed offensive too, I'm sure

Reactions: 14
Being coerced into accepting ANYONE as a partner is not okay. A few years ago I used to surf some relatively woke websites and that was always the message that was sent out to people asking for relationship advice. I can't believe that gender ideology has managed to make the basic concept of consent somehow disputable amongst the same people who used to advocate for 'enthusiastic consent' in all relationship matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello all. I’ve been lurking here and love the cut of your clear, reasonable and pragmatic jib on a topic that’s generally poorly given to all these fine qualities. Thought I’d just stick my head over the parapet briefly to share this:

I’m finding it difficult to form any words beyond a trope that contains ‘has,’ ‘world,’ ‘the,’ ‘mad’ and ‘gone.’
I'm in love with this article. It highlights something that the general public have zero idea is going on, and it includes trans women's own views on the subject (both people like Rose and Debbie and also the other side). It also signposts people and community groups who can help women who feel pressured. It is also kind to the LGB-A (while saying that some people consider it a hate group, which is fair reporting). All in all, a wonderful, wonderful article.

But it makes me wonder... what has happened at the BBC in the past couple of months!? It was 'All Tra All the Time' previously.

Reactions: 10

A great article, finally BBC allowing Lesbians a voice about the pressure they are under. This is what journalism should be, not pandering.

But it makes me wonder... what has happened at the BBC in the past couple of months!? It was 'All Tra All the Time' previously.
Maybe someone in the organisation has had a word about balance... Incase Stonewall topples they need to be seen to have explored 'both sides' perhaps.

So much incel energy in that article! If someone doesn't fancy you maybe you should try working on your personality instead of accusing them of bigotry.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The stonewall statement quoted in the BBC article reads like the CEO just wants to make lesbians feel guilty for the sexuality. Not wanting to sleep with biological men is not the same as racism 😑
0C373631-467D-4606-8847-1EDD6097426C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
The stonewall statement quoted in the BBC article reads like the CEO just wants to make lesbians feel guilty for the sexuality. Not wanting to sleep with biological men is not the same as racism 😑
View attachment 829209
Let's hope a lot of people are reading this with their morning coffee and realise what is going on. We need consistent journalism like this to get the message out there.

I think eventually the masses will get fed up of being told what to do by virtue signallers.

Jesus Christ

I really hate how it's always women of colour used as the comparison to transwomen. They have nothing in common.

Also how hard is it? To say they are disgusting = transphobia. To not want to sleep with them = not transphobia.

• Heart
That BBC article is surprisingly thorough. I thought it was just going to be about lesbians being coerced into sex with trans women, but for it to mention Stonewall, McKinnon and the cotton ceiling… OK it’s at least 3-4 years late but better than nothing, BBC 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Some of the twitter comments on that article are incredible.

"It's only 45 british weirdos"

"I'd like to know how they were coerced into sex exactly. If the trans woman simply told them "I am a woman" then that is not coercion"

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Why are transgender people obsessed with this idea of trans people being murdered? It's like they need to prove they are the most marginalized group! Data is hard to come by for the UK the only figures I could find were 9 trans people between 2008 and 2017, so about one a year, which is one too many but hardly indicates a mass genocide! As far as I can see, other than in Puerto Rico, trans people aren't getting murdered in their hundreds? Compared to 1425 women murdered in the last decade in the UK?

Attachments

• Angry
If I'm now a person with a uterus and wrong to find that offensive, why can't someone say they don't want to sleep with a person with a penis.

That said, I've slept with men and women and I still have no desire whatsoever to sleep with a trans woman. I also have no desire to sleep with the vast majority of men, or any women. That doesn't mean I don't think those people shouldn't exist, or whatever other dramatic conclusions that might be drawn about my supposed transphobia.

There's a lot of gaslighting going on here - that we're the terrible people for not subscribing to inconsistent logic that doesn't make sense just because it keeps being repeated.

I really feel for the trans people who are scared to speak up about this for fear of losing their community. It must be very isolating.

Why are transgender people obsessed with this idea of trans people being murdered? It's like they need to prove they are the most marginalized group! Data is hard to come by for the UK the only figures I could find were 9 trans people between 2008 and 2017, so about one a year, which is one too many but hardly indicates a mass genocide! As far as I can see, other than in Puerto Rico, trans people aren't getting murdered in their hundreds? Compared to 1425 women murdered in the last decade in the UK?

The way they carry on, you'd think that they run the risk of being murdered just by going to Tesco.

FCneGTHWUAAFX8q.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
View attachment 829209
That bullshit quote, honestly. I don’t like some people, sexually. End of. It’s a preference that I’m entitled to as an autonomous human being, and whether that preference is “societally prejudiced” or whatever bollocks pseudo sociology this twit wants to espouse, then it is nobody else’s business to interfere with. I swear these bastards are trying to
legitimise paedophilia one gaslighting acceptance at a time.

This emotional manipulation makes me so very angry.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.