Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is the film Juno, made in 2007 now about a boy facing an unplanned pregnancy? How confusing!!!!!

Juno: Directed by Jason Reitman. With Elliot Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman. Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding the unborn child.

Is the film officially about a teen girl being played by a man now? Will Elliot only play men now? Or only trans men? Or is "his" career a bit fucked?

Reactions: 14
I'm waiting for them to claim a religious figure like Jesus as "trans", the uproar would be immense. I wonder actually if that's what we need, so someone to say such a thing. Imagine if they went after the prophet from Islam? Maybe then the tide would turn on the ridiculous gender ideology and transing of the dead/fictional characters and religious icons?! Just IMAGINE if they dared? So many people would be offended back at the TRAs.

Or, publicly claiming a living celeb is trans and the actual celeb clapping back saying how dare you make up lies and fictions about me?!

What will it take to actually peak the masses? The Olympics chatter wasn't enough I don't think. Maybe it will take uproar from religious groups of multiple nations, or a really famous person being incorrectly assumed as gender fluid or trans or whatever.
Eve is a trans woman and Jesus is a trans man

This even got 46,000 likes

And there are hundreds of similar tweets - and also a surprisingly large amount of non-Hispanic trans men called Jesus.

There was a play a few years ago that had some protests

I think it would peak more people if they started claiming Muhammad to be trans - we know that 'woke Twitter' ranks Islam above LGB people... but above TQ+ people? I would be interested to find out.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I am wondering if all the talk about menopausal women, and the rights of menopausal women, is a slight attempt at a fightback to the current strange gender /sex situation??

I am post menopausal, and deliberately chose not to use HRT, because it felt unnatural and artifical to take additional hormones. (let alone the scientific/animal rights concerns about producing and using artificial hormones!)

Which is a discussion I would love to have with trans individuals! The ethical debate about breeding and using animals to test and treat people! Im not vegan and dont mind people eating meat occasionally, but do feel it is unethical to use animals for testing for beauty products and for non emergency medical conditions!!

But being post menopausal has made me a lot more tired and exhausted, which is naturally affecting my work and job prospects. I really really wish that things like the menopause were taken into account for things like women's pension age etc.

sorry for corrections!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Eve is a trans woman and Jesus is a trans man

This even got 46,000 likes

And there are hundreds of similar tweets - and also a surprisingly large amount of non-Hispanic trans men called Jesus.

There was a play a few years ago that had some protests

I think it would peak more people if they started claiming Muhammad to be trans - we know that 'woke Twitter' ranks Islam above LGB people... but above TQ+ people? I would be interested to find out.
Oh wow I should have had a look to see if it had come up before 😬 Typical TRAs, transing everything.

Reactions: 5
Is the film officially about a teen girl being played by a man now? Will Elliot only play men now? Or only trans men? Or is "his" career a bit fucked?
Im sure I read at first that Umbrella Academy will continue with the character as female? Its all ridiculous

Reactions: 3
I don’t think it’s fair to label someone else, especially if they are dead. I thought this whole movement was against labels? But they’ve got so many!
Definitely not against labels, they are obsessed with them! It’s the in thing!

But it’s not ‘in’ to talk about your lived experience as a woman. Nope. No one cares. Trans woman? Tell us everything! You are stunning and brave.

Surely playing a woman will trigger her dysphoria?!
He will probably get parts specifically for trans men (I’m sure we’ll see more and more of these roles). Or non binary. Eddie Izzard has said he (sorry, I just can’t bring myself to call him ‘she’) won’t be playing women. So playing men and still enjoying that privilege. But is in ‘girl mode’ the rest of the time. Imagine a 60 year old man thinking he’s a ‘girl’ 🤢 I'm in my mid 40s and don’t call myself a girl. It’s creepy and wrong. Makes me think if my 65 year old aunt were to turn round and say she’s a boy (not that she EVER would 🤣) It would be ludicrous. Eddie, wear what you want as you have done for years, wear make up and nail polish. But PLEASE don’t say you’re a girl 😫😫😫

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Im sure I read at first that Umbrella Academy will continue with the character as female? Its all ridiculous
EP looks so unwell that it ruined the series for me. Lots of heavy lifting by the rest of the cast and then there’s EP just looking sickly and not doing much.

Reactions: 11
When EP said they were going to continue playing a lesbian character everyone defended her because she "knows what it is like to be perceived as a lesbian."

But if you say that a trans woman who got to the top of their career as a man and then transitioned in their 50s benefited from being seen as a man "no, they didn't, because they knew deep inside they were a woman so they didn't benefit at all." 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20211025-202038_Photos.jpg

Costa coffee job application- transgirl and transboy... how can you identify as a child?

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I wasn't surprised when ep's wife left him after he came out.

I do wonder how many women feel like we do but don't have a safe space to vent? Speaking publicly, the consequences are too high. I had a look on reddit and any forums like this were removed.

Reactions: 13
I cannot even...
I am at point one and i give up

1. Gender neutral toilets – transphobic

“Chelsea Dyapa, a third-year philosophy student, said she thought the policy was discriminatory because it could potentially be too costly to implement, limiting the number of gender-inclusive facilities campuswide.”

so... gender neutral is now not the same as gender inclusive? I am lost at this point

but then will he, as a man, be able to play women? Remember actors can only play people they are already (i.e. no one straight can play a gay actor, no one not autistic can play a non autistic person......)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Screenshot 2021-10-25 21.52.14.png

Ah yes, as a woman who plays games I can confirm that I love how (a subset of) men treat female gamers. Makes me feel all womanly inside.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I think it would peak more people if they started claiming Muhammad to be trans
If that happened let’s be honest there’d be literal blood on the streets. Showing a picture of the prophet is likely to result in your head having a permanent fall out with your neck but saying that the prophet was actually a girl?!

Reactions: 8
Hello all. I’ve been lurking here and love the cut of your clear, reasonable and pragmatic jib on a topic that’s generally poorly given to all these fine qualities. Thought I’d just stick my head over the parapet briefly to share this:

I’m finding it difficult to form any words beyond a trope that contains ‘has,’ ‘world,’ ‘the,’ ‘mad’ and ‘gone.’

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.