Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 7
The cotton ceiling is a horrific analogy - it implies breaking through womens pants - as in rape. I can’t believe it’s being used as mainstream terminology and the comparison with the glass ceiling is like the comparison with racism. Completely wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Is there a way to approve of an article? They're organising mass complaints on twitter and it would be nice to have a way to say 'hey, thanks for publishing that.'

View attachment 829400

The concept of 'unicorn hunting' exists but typically straight women don't pressure lesbians for solo sex Kristian.
How can a straight woman pressure a lesbian for sex. She's not straight if she's pressuring a woman for sex. But that's not really a concern to women, because it doesn't really happen, and as women don't have penisis, it's not really that threatening.

Just to clarify I'm talking solely about the traditional sort of women, the ones with the vaginas.

Reactions: 9
They just can’t compliment themselves without insulting others lol
I swear part of the feminist movement is/was literally just that we don't focus on our appearances as we have SO mcuh more to offer. For me, as a woman, it seems pretty regressive. Why are trans women SO obsessed with it?! My mum, as part of the feminist movement in the 70s, spent SO much time fighting for the right not to have this weird focus on appearance yet this is their focus. It makes me SO angry

Reactions: 19
Reactions: 3
Has anyone just seen the Barbie “you can be anything you want” advert?

I hate that messaging so much. I believe it’s why we have so many delusional and dysphoric people around.

Like, no you can’t be anything you want. You can live how you want, dress how you want, strive for what you want or be content with what you want. But we all have limitations that we have to work with. Stop setting children up for failure.
I think that message is part of the reason there is so much mental health problems now.

If you grow up being told you can be anything you want, but then just live a normal or unremarkable life, maybe have job and money struggles, you're gonna feel let down, a failure and depressed.

Children need to be given more real life perspective. Like you can pretend to be the other sex, but you'll probably never really be accepted by wider society. Or letting men into women's safe spaces may make you feel kind and inclusive, but in reality youre putting yourself in danger.

Reactions: 12
I think that message is part of the reason there is so much mental health problems now.

If you grow up being told you can be anything you want, but then just live a normal or unremarkable life, maybe have job and money struggles, you're gonna feel let down, a failure and depressed.

Children need to be given more real life perspective. Like you can pretend to be the other sex, but you'll probably never really be accepted by wider society. Or letting men into women's safe spaces may make you feel kind and inclusive, but in reality youre putting yourself in danger.
I agree, I think it would be better to say "you can do any job you want" i.e. rocket scientist/chef/ stay at home etc etc ... the wording of this is not helpful

Reactions: 10
A protest by the realityphobic. Lovely.
They thems just love a protest they can not bear to hear anything that isn't 100% validation. Hope they all catch pneumonia as a result of standing around in the January cold screeching

Reactions: 7
The cotton ceiling is a horrific analogy - it implies breaking through womens pants - as in rape. I can’t believe it’s being used as mainstream terminology and the comparison with the glass ceiling is like the comparison with racism. Completely wrong.
they have not properly reported this as although it is potentially attributed to someone in that article living in Toronto there was also a trans workshop being run by a problematic individual entitled “ overcoming the cotton ceiling: breaking down sexual barriers for queer trans woman

it was basically described rightly by critics as nothing more than a pickup seminar

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.