Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back in the 90s there was an urban legend about people trying to spread HIV using needles in clubs.
University towns often have a quite strict demarcation between locals and students, different nights out, different clubs have specific student nights - so these attacks are likely to be carried out by other students. Which is horrific.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don’t see that guy pushing against the trans people.

He also says he wasn’t screaming profanities at the peaceful protesters who were begging him to leave.

The bias in reporting is really disturbing.

Back in the 90s there was an urban legend about people trying to spread HIV using needles in clubs.
University towns often have a quite strict demarcation between locals and students, different nights out, different clubs have specific student nights - so these attacks are likely to be carried out by other students. Which is horrific.
My gut feeling is that there is a lot of urban legend going on here too (bearing in mind someone ALWAYS corroborates the story saying they know someone it DEFINITELY happened to). I feel the same about these stories. At least I hope it’s all a bit of hysteria over nothing.

Reactions: 5
I don’t see that guy pushing against the trans people.

He also says he wasn’t screaming profanities at the peaceful protesters who were begging him to leave.

The bias in reporting is really disturbing.

The peaceful protesters that grabbed and destroyed his sign and repeatedly screamed "repent motherfucker" in his face? Oh wait though, they're the goodies so it's all fine.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The problem is that people will just read the headline, not go to the original video and say 'wow, what an awful person - physically assaulting and screaming at peaceful protesters'. That's the same about Marion Millar, people don't look into her twitter account, they just say 'wow, accused of homophobic and transphobic tweets and arrested by the police? She must have said something absolutely horrific'.

It's why people were saying 'don't go read Rowling's letter, I've read it and it was so transphobic that it will only upset you'. It's pretty disturbing.

• Sad
I liked the comment about transgender Barney Rubble at the protest. Maybe he's friends with transgender Meatloaf?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Media is so scary, it’s so hard to get just basic information without bias. These days most articles don’t even write about what actually happened only the reactions people had for said things, it’s infuriating. I remember when I tried to find out what Rowling actually sad that caused such an outrage, it was impossible to find a normal article.

Oh how I long for the days when people used to say "labels are for soup cans!" 🥫

Screenshot_20211021-151519_Facebook.jpg

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Is that Jojo Siwa? I thought she came out as lesbian, not pansexual? Or is “lesbian” too controversial a statement for a celebrity female nowadays?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Someone has had a word in her ear that ‘pansexual’ is the wokest thing to be. She’s been pretty vocal and open about being a lesbian before and made a stink about not wanting to kiss a guy in a film or programme she was in because she’s gay. All of a sudden she’s pansexual, sure.

• Haha
  • Wow
I watched it last night. It was SO funny. The counter protest was brilliant: I LIKE DAVE, I LIKE JOKES.

The female with the tambourine proved to me that the most virulent activists are rather mentally unwell people. See also: Meatloaf protester.
I hope Netflix don't cave in. They're doing a good job so far... Maybe not so "liberal" after all? 🙂. Totally realised that if I lived in the USA I would be getting more and more likely to vote Republican. Yikes 🥲

JoJo Swia hadn't really had chance to grow up, be herself and figure out who she really was though.

Okay, she came out and has a girlfriend but she's still young and may have thought that being attracted to a girl meant she was a lesbian. It's okay for her to now say she's something else, if that's how she feels? It's a lot to figure out at a young age

I hope Netflix don't cave in. They're doing a good job so far... Maybe not so "liberal" after all? 🙂. Totally realised that if I lived in the USA I would be getting more and more likely to vote Republican. Yikes 🥲
Let's hope Netflix doesn't become a TRA propaganda machine. We need comedians and documentaries and shows to show different views, not just one agenda. We are paying for this entertainment, I'm not paying to be censored by some bluehairs. If they feel that strongly they should quit their jobs. I hope Dave Chappelle is ok.

Is that Jojo Siwa? I thought she came out as lesbian, not pansexual? Or is “lesbian” too controversial a statement for a celebrity female nowadays?
Abigail Shrier said that amongst youth the word "lesbian" is almost non existent now. They are more likely to be trans or gender non forming.

She told a story in her book about a friend of hers taking her teen girl to her first bra fitting. The mom realised the fitter was a man dressed as a "woman." The mom was horrified and took her daughter away. The daughter who was very young didn't think anything of it as trans/gender fluidity is so normalised now. It is actually putting kids in potential danger.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
JoJo Swia hadn't really had chance to grow up, be herself and figure out who she really was though.

Okay, she came out and has a girlfriend but she's still young and may have thought that being attracted to a girl meant she was a lesbian. It's okay for her to now say she's something else, if that's how she feels? It's a lot to figure out at a young age
I agree but hope she hasn't been pressured into pansexuality by peers.

Reactions: 2
Pansexual is such an offensive word.
The way lesbians are being treated is what made me realize what was going on. It's disgusting.

Reactions: 12
Let's hope Netflix doesn't become a TRA propaganda machine. We need comedians and documentaries and shows to show different views, not just one agenda. We are paying for this entertainment, I'm not paying to be censored by some bluehairs. If they feel that strongly they should quit their jobs. I hope Dave Chappelle is ok.
Dave will be fine. He has said "controversial" stuff for years and doesnt give a tit. 😁

• Haha

Yes you’re right. Of course she can feel something else. I have a friend who was straight then fell in love with a woman in her 40s. No judgement here. It’s the word pan sexual that sticks with me. Because saying you think you’re bi is not woke enough. It excludes trans people apparently 🙄
Also she was making out it really upset her to have to play a straight person and kiss a guy (even though she’s an actor and it’s ACTING). It just seems odd to me.

But then, declaring to the world about who does and doesn’t turn you on is just odd in itself is it not? Especially when you’re a teenager. It is none of anyone’s business and she owes no one an explanation.

Reactions: 6
Speaking of the push towards pansexuality in youth culture, this is a great example I saw on my Tiktok feed yesterday. Two influencers (a couple, but they identify as pan, not lesbian) advertise pansexuality in conjunction with Google. GOOGLE.

Don’t tell me this push for same sex attracted women not to call themselves lesbians isn’t part of the usual push to make lesbians accept penis.

021281AE-8999-4001-8B8B-FA0897DA7A6C.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.