Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From my favourite parenting blogger on Facebook, Man Behaving Dadly...

"I have a tip off for the police and their ‘scanning hard drives’ department. Basically, anyone complaining about the John Lewis advert with the kid in the dress. That’s all."

So he's implying if you don't like the advert you're probably a pweirdo?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8

"I have a tip off for the police and their ‘scanning hard drives’ department. Basically, anyone complaining about the John Lewis advert with the kid in the dress. That’s all."

What a load of tosh

Reactions: 5

Sounds like ACTUAL VIOLENCE to me

• Haha

How does that even make any sense?

Reactions: 3
Media is so scary, it’s so hard to get just basic information without bias. These days most articles don’t even write about what actually happened only the reactions people had for said things, it’s infuriating. I remember when I tried to find out what Rowling actually sad that caused such an outrage, it was impossible to find a normal article.
Here's some of the rhetoric with quotes of what she actually said.
JKR.jpg

Reactions: 13
I don’t really understand the reasoning behind that line of thinking. One reason I didn’t like that ad was because I felt it glorified wanton destructiveness and entitled behaviour. If he could make anything sexual out of that then I suggest maybe he’s the one with the issue.
Both my lads liked swanning about in silky fabrics when they were little and they both had a penchant for nail polish (my eldest still does like nail polish) but it didn’t give them free rein to stomp about breaking things and bullying other children. They were just kids, playing and experimenting with things, not ‘divas’ or ‘drag’.

Reactions: 10
I don’t see that guy pushing against the trans people.

He also says he wasn’t screaming profanities at the peaceful protesters who were begging him to leave.

The bias in reporting is really disturbing.

My gut feeling is that there is a lot of urban legend going on here too (bearing in mind someone ALWAYS corroborates the story saying they know someone it DEFINITELY happened to). I feel the same about these stories. At least I hope it’s all a bit of hysteria over nothing.
yeah I remember near where I live was the same in the early 2000s, that you got pricked with a needle then found a note in your pocket saying something like "welcome to the world of aids"

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I think the argument is that if you see the kid in the advert as behaving in a sexualised manner then that says a lot of bad things about you. Also, you'll be a bigot for not liking a boy in drag.
Typical TRA tactics:

"Why are you sexualising this little boy, TERF?" Um no, I see a spoilt entitled little brat.

"Why are you obsessed with genitals, TERF?" Um no, we say sex is real. You're the one going on about your 'ladydick' or your 'outie' and calling us vagina or cervix havers.

Typical TRA DARVO tactics. They act like they're the reasonable ones and the rest of the world is crazy, the dogs on the street could tell you it's the other way around

Reactions: 17

I've seen this loads too. 'If you think a little boy in a dress and lipstick is sexual you're the one with the problem' well I haven't actually seen a single person criticise it for those things at all. I don't think it's sexual, I do think it's weirdly out of place in a forced attempt to be woke and adds next to nothing to the plot of the ad, but the dress and lipstick itself doesn't bother me. What I am surprised by is that TRAs think that ad is good for them. If they're claiming that child as a trans girl then what does the ad say? Kids who are trans are out of control and cause unnecessary mess and destruction to their home for someone else to clear it up? Hardly flattering.

Reactions: 18
Just saw this. Jamie Lee Curtis's son has transitioned to female. I truly wonder if they showed signs as a child or knew as a child 'cause any decent psychologist will say that someone with gender dysphoria 99% of the time will. https://people.com/movies/jamie-lee-curtis-and-daughter-ruby-on-journey-coming-out-as-trans/

Edit: read an indepth article. Ruby says she knew since she was 16 that she was trans and she is now 25. At least she is making this decision as an adult and not a child.

Reactions: 3
OMG, look at these white women, dripping in privilege, chanting hateful phrases like “Self love, not surgery”.

TERFs are so evil on so many levels 🤡

I get my facial hair removed by threading.

During lockdown I was looking Lettie Lutz. So I used the hair removing cream.

I must have left it on too long. I burned my face 😱😱😱

I looked a bit Homer Simpson 😳😳😳

The perils of being a woman 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7

should have appealed on the internet for money for laser hair removal i guess :ROFLMAO:
The scenes of that protest are insane, I am amazed the guy shouting about loving chapelle was able to maintain his cool and not push them or something, I know i would have

Reactions: 6

I used Veet cream on my face as a young teenager. It burned my upper lip, and when the burns scabbed over, I looked like I had a case of terminal herpes 😱😱. I couldn't go out for over a week!

• Haha
I used Veet cream on my face as a young teenager. It burned my upper lip, and when the burns scabbed over, I looked like I had a case of terminal herpes 😱😱. I couldn't go out for over a week!
a friend of mine at school (somehow) accidentally used hair removal cream on her face and removed both her eyebrows :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
The face one you do not have to leave on very long and it is not as strong.

A girl I knew as a teen tried to lighten her moustache and it went brassy yellow 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Just saw this. Jamie Lee Curtis's son has transitioned to female. I truly wonder if they showed signs as a child or knew as a child 'cause any decent psychologist will say that someone with gender dysphoria 99% of the time will. https://people.com/movies/jamie-lee-curtis-and-daughter-ruby-on-journey-coming-out-as-trans/

Edit: read an indepth article. Ruby says she knew since she was 16 that she was trans and she is now 25. At least she is making this decision as an adult and not a child.
I think they look for what they want to see. How many of us have said we were tom boys as kids but we aren’t trans now? If any of us said we’re men now they’d say we knew we were trans when we were tom boy kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.