Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can easily imagine a situation in which trans women would muscle in on a menopause group claiming that because they had never had periods they could somehow understand
Well they are on some breastfeeding support groups so I don't see why they would see menopause as off-limits

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Someone who runs a menopause group said that not only are transwomen welcome they are also cherished. And that women have learned so much from them and their 'world class ability to accessorise'

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I can easily imagine a situation in which trans women would muscle in on a menopause group claiming that because they had never had periods they could somehow understand
Yeah, like that’s the same. By that token they should allow little girls who haven’t started their periods yet in aswell. Worlds gone mad.

Reactions: 9
Someone who runs a menopause group said that not only are transwomen welcome they are also cherished. And that women have learned so much from them and their 'world class ability to accessorise'
accessorising being that well known feature of dealing with the menopause :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well they are on some breastfeeding support groups so I don't see why they would see menopause as off-limits
Makes me feel ill. I felt vulnerable enough going to a bf group when I had my baby, never mind someone there just for voyeurism. I’d have run a mile. Well done to those trans women that would invade this space, you are risking putting mums off who desperately need support!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Most people also wouldn't want to be the person who does this, because most of us know we don't have something to offer every single group and therefore it's inappropriate for us to be there. That's something I really can't wrap my head around, in the example from Reddit - what did that 30 odd man think he could offer a group for female rape survivors? How does it not cross your mind that you don't have any role of any value whatsoever in attending a group like that? And, the part that makes me suspicious - given he can't relate to those experiences, what is it, exactly, that he is getting out of attending that group? That's where it gets sinister for me. Transwomen wanting to go to groups for rape survivors, mothers, breastfeeders, whatever...it's creepy.
Yes, really good point. No sane person would want to join a group that isn't for them.

I think if it’s specifically a menopause ‘support’ group it would be odd for a person not going through it to want to be there. It’s a very personal experience and not one everyone would be comfortable chatting about with people who aren’t going through it. Maybe a trans man who still has their female organs might still go through menopause so I would imagine would be welcome, as long as they realise that the women there won’t change their language to erase the word ‘woman’ when talking about it.
What my work have been doing are menopause awareness sessions because we have a high number of women of menopausal age on our staff. Men are encouraged to go as it’s to educate those not going through it what it’s like. Trans people could go to that if they really wanted to.
Yes, the purpose of your work's session is clearly different. My husband has had training on managing staff who are menopausal. It's a good thing. He got lots of out of it, because his mother (like many women of her generation) never mentioned it in front of him and the only info he had was from popular culture (i.e. wrong). It's important for anyone to understand that 'women of a certain age' may need to have certain accommodations made for them, i.e. working from home, more flexible work hours, changing desks so they are closer to a window, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I would be OK with a post-op M to F using women's spaces as I would see little threat (that might not be true of course) but I still don't see them as women and never will. They have had testosterone in their body for years, have grown up in a patriarchal society as male and reaped those benefits. Not to downgrade women to a list of complaints and causes but how would they join in in a conversation about periods, sexism, menopause, work life balance, caring for kids alongside elderly parents, etc. They just don't have the same lived experiences as women.
I agree. The TRAs have actually made me less welcoming of post ops and more questioning. It never occurred to me that they grew up as boys and were men with all that entailed. The one at work who no one likes except the woke pronoun people said to someone " when I was a little girl" but he was never a little girl, I was but I say when I was little.
People don't like him because he is a nasty piece of work who grassed up 2 of his team and makes passive aggressive digs all day.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I agree. The TRAs have actually made me less welcoming of post ops and more questioning. It never occurred to me that they grew up as boys and were men with all that entailed. The one at work who no one likes except the woke pronoun people said to someone " when I was a little girl" but he was never a little girl, I was but I say when I was little.
People don't like him because he is a nasty piece of work who grassed up 2 of his team and makes passive aggressive digs all day.
“When I was a little girl” 🤢🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I’m currently having the most intense period cramps in years and my toddler just woke up from nap so I have to get up and deal with that and feed her and then pick the other one up from school and then feed them both and they call this my day off. I feel like tit and very few men have to deal with this specific issue so when the fetishise periods I want to hurl. (Do anyway right now). Stuff your hot water bottle up your …. Self.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's the obsession with 'inclusion' that gets me. Not everything needs to be inclusive or for everyone. I wouldn't join a group for Jewish people or a mothers group or a group for Spanish speakers. It just feels like it's perfectly acceptable for every other demographic to have things just for themselves but women are the exception to that rule. We can have nothing.

And as for transwomen talking about when they were a 'girl', this really gets me- an Irish TiM who was once an altar boy as a kid said that he sees himself as the first altar girl in his school. duck. Right. Off.

Reactions: 33
That’s the worst - claiming best woman or first woman when they were only allowed to do things or get those results because MAN. Stop taking womens acheivements .

Reactions: 19
I think the main reason transwomen go to these groups is for control and intimidation. What else could they possibly be getting out of it?

• Angry
Reactions: 27
I think the main reason transwomen go to these groups is for control and intimidation. What else could they possibly be getting out of it?
I was thinking it’s something more perverse than that especially in the context of rape/assault experiences, but even with breastfeeding etc

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I was thinking it’s something more perverse than that especially in the context of rape/assault experiences, but even with breastfeeding etc
Yeah very true. So many sick minded individuals out there.

It's not for validation is it, it can't be very validating for someone who truly struggles to sit and listen to something they'll never experience.

Reactions: 12
I've also seen TiMs claim that they have something in common with menopausal women because of 'HRT'. duck the duck off

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Women who blame other women on the actions of men. It truly bothers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A breastfeeding Facebook group I was in had to close down because the mods found out that an autogynephile pervert with a lactation fetish was on there. I felt physically sick when I heard. I hadn't shared any photos or videos, but many women had, and they felt utterly violated to have basically been wanking fodder.

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Why did they shut down instead of booting him out? Were they worried about being 'transphobic'?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.