Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doc

VIP Member
“Raising awareness” always makes me laugh. You can’t effing escape it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I'm in my mid-fifties, and it's so hard to disagree with the narrative, especially if you work in public health as I do.
I work in midwifery and I'm seeing a gradual acceptance of this twattery, it's creeping into what is supposed to be a woman-centric environment. We have maternity-specific blood test forms, no-one uses these for anything other than blood samples from pregnant women. Yet a recent addition to the form, is a box we have to fill in, marked "Male/Female". Wtaf?

I was sent an information leaflet via email the other day. The leaflet contains instructions for form-filling on a particular computer program. The leaflet had two columns, one for the "care provider", and the other for "pregnant person". I'm pretty sure that they mean "woman", they're just too scared to say so.

I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of it to be honest. It's only a matter of time before they ask for our gender pronouns, I've already seen some email signatures with this entirely unnecessary information tacked on the end. I've got a girls name, I'm a woman and I always have been, I'll start using "Mrs Klara" if I have to, but I'm not telling anyone to call me "she/her". They can just fuck the fuck off 😠😠

• Sad

Clover123

VIP Member
I quite like Glinner but I think he can be quite excitable. Helen Joyce described him as 'easily goaded' in her book and I think that's quite accurate.

I think as well, when there's something he really feels is wrong, he can't stay quiet because he gets so incensed.
I agree. I do respect that he spoke up about it, he could have easily kept quiet, same with JKR. I really admire them for speaking out knowing the vitriol they were going to get, when they could have easily just kept to themselves. It's very brave in this climate!

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
No way in the world will I be encouraging my daughter to go to university. It's sad. I was the first of my family to go, and could be the last. How things have deteriorated in just a generation...
Same here - it was a badge of honour for my sisters and I. My step daughter is in her second year at red brick uni, being pressurised into declaring into any identity except being a straight woman. The vicious activism for other causes and politics - CRT, environmentalism, leftism, globalism is off the charts in terms of hypocrisy and bullying. Exactly as you say, it knocks me sick what has happened to our education in just 15 years.

Education may be more accessible than ever, but it is poor quality.

• Sad
  • Heart

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
What pisses me off about that, is lots of teenage girls give up sports and dance because they feel embarrassed by their developing bodies. No one changed the uniforms, but now it's men that are self conscious, we suddenly change the outfit
and yet the women’s volleyball team (I think Finish) was fined or in trouble with the IOC for wantingto wear fitted shorts instead of teeny tiny bikini pants.

WTAF.

ETA- it was handball sorry!

• Angry

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Hi all, new to the thread but not new to being in dispair about trans and the effect it is having on children and women's rights

At a guess I would say the medical treatment they have to wait for , is mastectomies and hrt. Because funnily enough, women with breast cancer get theirs breasts removed pretty quickly, and trans people that just want their healthy body parts removed have to wait for ages.
Welcome @Brigitjonesbuttcheek

Many of us also despair at the effect this is having on children so you’re not alone in that regard.

I’ve seen many comments online of people angered that women get HRT “like candy” but it’s not given to people who say they want it for being trans - when it is actually quite difficult for women to get HRT when they desperately need it.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
They don’t like us having anything for ourselves so…..
🙌

True.

I hate it when men come onto forums that are 99% female and announce their maleness everywhere.

CFBEE54A-F73A-45E8-83CD-51D4D92BBA36.jpeg

I hated it on MN (although women would line up to say “the tag line is ‘by parents for parents’!!!!”) and I don’t like it on Tattle either. I’ve noticed some gross sexual comments and misogyny on the Celeb gossip threads from men.

Like you say, we can’t have anything for ourselves.

(Disclaimer: not all men guys. There may be a whole bunch of male posters on Tattle I don’t even realise are male, and that’s fine, because a) they don’t start posts with “as a man” to give their opinions more weight, and b) their posts aren’t offensive and sexist).

Last edited:
  • Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m sick of the ‘where are the feminists’ comments in relation to Afghanistan, I don’t know what these people are smoking because my social media feeds are chock full of feminists talking about it. The feminist ‘men’ who only seem to acknowledge feminism when it’s about trans people are strangely silent though, almost like they’re not feminists at all.

• Heart

Tommyb

Chatty Member
The gender pay gap does exist. You can search companies gender pay gap reporting online. This is matched by the same pay grade.

For instance my company has just published theirs ... salary is 28% gap in favour of men and bonus is 75% 😂😂😂

The HR manager was shocked at the results. I process them so no idea why she was shocked. Didn't shock me. Needless to day il be out of there ASAP.

Doc

VIP Member
View attachment 733622

so babydressing is an “addiction”- how soon before this is part of the LGBT spectrum?!
Infantilisation is a real problem for a lot of millennials and zoomers. A lot seem to have an issue with responsibility and owning their decisions, and resort to infantile behaviour as a result. Maybe not to this extreme, but still.

My parents were married with kids at 25; a lot of 30+ year olds now still live with their parents because of the housing and financial crisis and are kept in eternal youth bubbles by social media allowing them to LARP online.

#ArmchairSociologistDocDiagnosis

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
It’s a shame there isn’t any video evidence to prove the women weren’t shouting and abusing the staff.

But he’s posted enough stuff on his Twitter to prove he’s a massive liar - he insists that he’s ‘hot’ whilst sharing images that prove the exact opposite.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
Ijust find this all terribly problematic:

"At age three, they noticed some female behaviors and sought out psychological treatment. They were informed about a possible DG diagnosis, and the child was kept in psychotherapy to “reverse the desire of belonging to the opposite sex” until age seven. The patient and parents report that she made efforts to behave as a boy during this treatment. At nine, she assumed her gender identity and reported believing that she was born the wrong sex, and she wanted to be a girl."

What are 'female behaviours', why were they a problem? What does 'behave as a boy' mean?
This ideology is so unbelievably regressive. Astonishing that it's proponents think that they are edgy and cool. Bunch of fucking eejits. Not capable of the most basic critical thinking.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I think a lot of people default to the TRA position without really thinking about it, because it seems to be on the "good" side, and we like to see the world as a simple, black and white place.

I absolutely agree with you. This has obviously been going on for decades before Trump was in office but I think this black/white good/evil is at play with trans rights as well. "Trump hates trans people? I must 100% support every trans person because I don't want people to think I agree with his other policies." You see the same thing with his other views, for instance, Islamophobia - "Oh, Trump hates Muslim people? I must 100% support every Muslim person, even those with extremist views that conflict with my other beliefs on women's rights and gay rights. Otherwise people will think I agree with Trump."

Most people used to grow out of this good/evil thinking - I used to walk around wearing an anti Bush t-shirt when I was a teenager - but with the rise of social media it is much easier to both keep 'tabs' on people and to block anyone disagrees with you. When you don't meet people with alternative views and have calm, rational conversations in an actual safe space (where you don't have to worry about people cancelling you five years from now because you talked to them), then neither of you can grow.

Clover123

VIP Member
my friend and I were talking about this at the weekend. If a child or even adult is anorexic and truly believes they are grossly fat we don’t give them a gastric band to validate their identity!!
Yeah this is something that first made me think about the trans thing, it's the only form of dysphoria we treat with affirmation and surgery. I don't know whether it is or isn't the right thing in many cases for adults, I think the jury is still out on that one, and isn't helped by the silencing of detransitioners. But it definitely shouldn't be encouraged for children to be affirmed without question at the age of four or take puberty blockers that much is for sure.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Here’s another thing I dislike about society’s contempt against women.

Why are single mothers considered terrible and always made fun of, even though they’re the parent that stuck around?
Definitely agree. It's so misogynistic.
Deadbeat dads who leave the woman with the kids and don't pay a penny. It happened to 2 friends of mine who had terrible partners.

It's so awful that the woman is stigmatised in this situation. Like its her fault that the man was an irresponsible arse hole 😡

colouredlines

VIP Member

I don’t get it. Literally a daughter who wears a suit. It isn’t pushing gender boundaries. Talk to Tilda Swinton or Cara Delavigne or Kristen Stewart or Jodie Foster who regularly wear suits. It’s not gender non conforming. This is bollocks.

ETA the article is over 5 years old but this just seems to be a girl who doesn’t like dresses. And that’s great but not groundbreaking.

Busy Philips daughter is now queer and uses they pronouns. She’s 12. She still dresses very girly and seems to have crushes on lots of tween boys. So I don’t get it. It’s just trying to be different and parents are trying to be cool with it. The captions that use They all the time as so clunky.
Charlize Theron has an adopted trans child too. Charlize knew the child's "true" gender when they were three years old, apparently. 🙄

I'm not much of an Angelina Jolie fan in general, but her attitude seems quite admirable. She and Brad let their daughter Shiloh dress in "boy's clothes", have a short haircut, have the nickname John, but have continued to refer to her as a girl. Interestingly, many media outlets don't respect that, and talk about Angelina's trans son - but Angelina herself always speaks about her DAUGHTER.

Lonelylondon

Chatty Member
Why are sexist jokes not considered wrong and just considered a bit of a laugh? Even by people who are otherwise very liberal?

the other day I was on the underground and I saw a poster that was talking about how women are charged more for borrowing than men are, I thought this was interesting and looked it up and then put up a story on Instagram, and a guy replied to me (he’s a nice guy but he pissed me off on this occasion) saying ‘cause women spend all their Money on clothes’ I replied with the actual reason and he just said he was trying to wind me up eugh and annoyingly it worked and even more annoyingly I didn’t feel comfortable saying well maybe dont because I don’t want to be labelled a great big bore eugh!
Secondly, my very liberal male friend and I were talking about women taking men’s names when they get married and I said I wouldn’t take my husbands name but equally I would give my kids my husbands name which is weird considering I’d of given birth to them, and then I said something about how I’d give them my husbands name even tho I could literally die giving birth to them and he said ‘so could we to be fair’ and I said huh? How do men die in childbirth? And he jokingly said ‘death by being screamed at by you hysterical bunch’ .. I know he was joking, but it just annoys me how not a big deal sexist jokes are seen as! I just said if you would feel uncomfortable replacing the word ‘woman’ with ‘black person’ as an example, then you should ask yourself why you feel comfortable saying woman (does that make sense lol)

• Angry
  • Sad

emm

VIP Member
This is bang on. Cynical capitalism in action.
it reminds me of something a gay colleague mentioned to me a few years ago, we worked in central london, and around the time of the Pride parade he (something I had never really thoguht about) pointed out to me that all the businesses nearby would put the pride flag, or pride, but NEVER mention anything like the words "gay" or "lesbian". Capitalism will do anything for profit without actually doing anything of substance lets be honest

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Cannot stand this guy. Equal access to healthcare? What exactly does he not currently have access to?

• Angry
  • Sick