Gender Discussion #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s the immediacy with which he does this insipid gesture that gets me. Watch the women who fail to lift, they’re devastated because everything they’ve trained for just vanished. Look at Jade Carey’s reaction when she was unable to do her vaults the other day - absolutely devastated.

This untalented man immediately drops the weight, tee-hees and puts up a love heart. Not bothered in the slightest because he’s already achieved what he wanted, a place at the Olympics at the expense of a young woman with dreams and talent. duck. Right. Off.
yeah, I am not a weightlifter, but surely if you are so drained you drop your weight the last thing you would do it want to be making some kind of hand gesture like this?
I started a new job today, I deal with people from uni's, a lot of them now have pronouns in their signatures :rolleyes: luckily my company is pretty backward in loads of ways so I will never be asked to :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
yeah, I am not a weightlifter, but surely if you are so drained you drop your weight the last thing you would do it want to be making some kind of hand gesture like this?
I started a new job today, I deal with people from uni's, a lot of them now have pronouns in their signatures :rolleyes: luckily my company is pretty backward in loads of ways so I will never be asked to :ROFLMAO:
I watched the highlights earlier and other women who failed a lift tended to drop the weight in front of them. Hubbard dropped it behind. Just seemed like a really unnatural move

Reactions: 7
Just seemed like a really unnatural move
A few people elsewhere pointed out that she has horrible technique in general so it could be that

How someone with a horrible technique qualified this far just says it all imo

Reactions: 10
A few people elsewhere pointed out that she has horrible technique in general so it could be that

How someone with a horrible technique qualified this far just says it all imo
If that's the case it speaks volumes doesn't it.

tit technique but can lift enough to get to the final 10 or 12 or whatever it is, purely through being a MAN in a woman's competition

Reactions: 12
As much as I generally try to avoid the kind of posting that runs along the lines of 'look what this terrible transgender person did', this case is horrifying. This person is very extensively documented for various being-batshit-on-the-internet on various forums (probably not allowed to name the website here but you can find it if you really need to know more) and Reddit for years. Then this news has come out over the last few days that they have been arrested for admitting to having sexually abused their own mother, who is generally considered to have advanced dementia from various videos posted online over the years.

Research this story further at your own peril. Warning that this is a really gross and fucked up story so TW for sexual abuse if anyone does not want to read about that. I have spoilered the link to prevent any preview for those who don't wish to read anything about that.

https://www.insider.com/chris-chan-mom-arrested-incest-charge-over-leaked-audio-2021-8

The reason that this is interesting or worth posting here? Because Twitter are going bleeping apeshit about "misgendering" a person who raped their own mother.

View attachment 693430
View attachment 693431
View attachment 693432
It bleeping is a privilege. Gender is such a first world concept. I really don’t think the women and girls being shoved into period huts in Nepal give a stuff about gender identity.

Reactions: 17
To those who refer to this man as she or her, you're part of the problem- you're helping to fuel the lie that this is not a man and that humans can change sex

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I find it interesting that neither Hubbard or the non-binary skateboarder seemed to bring their a-game. Like, if it was say someone from my local town or my nationality or something 'representing' at the Olympics, I wouldn't be at all inspired by a half-arsed performance. And this is different from Simone Biles, who is so busy trying to give it her all that she's gotten into her head and struggling.

If anyone has spare pennies, James Esses has been expelled from his degree where he is training to be a therapist because of his GC beliefs. He will be taking the university to court.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
If I were trans/nb I wouldn’t feel inspired by Laurel Hubbard or Alana Smith’s performances what so ever. It’s not enough to just show up when it comes to the Olympics, the whole premise is pushing to do your best at your event. Doing it half arsed is an insult to every other competitor who worked their arses off to get there and an insult to the competitors who could have gone instead of them and would have put the effort in.

Agree that Simone Bile’s situation is different. She’s not choosing to perform below her standard, she’s not revelling in her failure. I really feel for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I've officially had to declare my pronouns at work 🙄, it wasn't optional it was simply "tell us what they are". I was very tempted to say HE just to see what they said!

I'm one of the only women in my department it really singles us out in emails etc.
Is it because everyone has unusual names?
I often have to Google names to suss out how to address someone 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
To those who refer to this man as she or her, you're part of the problem- you're helping to fuel the lie that this is not a man and that humans can change sex
Honestly for me at this point for me it is such a reflex because it can be so dangerous to "misgender". I tend to stick with 'they' where I am unsure or unwilling to get into the pronoun stuff. Though I am sure eventually that will backfire on me 😅

Reactions: 7
Chris Chan is a classic autogynephile. He has been the target of internet trolls for years as his general lack of self awareness, idiocy and creepy behaviour has made him a target. He is one of the first internet infamous people.

If anyone was going to become a TiM it was him. It was only a matter of time before he became a TiM.

He had sex with a blow up doll live on camera, is obsessed with Japanese people and their culture, doesn’t wash himself, has pedophilic incel ideologies, is hideous and overweight - he is your bog standard TiM.

Sadly, it is not a shock to me that he has done something as heinous as abusing his own vulnerable mother.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Chris Chan is a classic autogynephile. He has been the target of internet trolls for years as his general lack of self awareness, idiocy and creepy behaviour has made him a target. If anyone was going to become a TiM it was him. It was only a matter of time before he became a TiM.

He had sex with a blow up doll live on camera, is obsessed with Japanese people and their culture, doesn’t wash himself, has pedophilic incel ideologies, is hideous and overweight - he is your bog standard TiM.

Sadly, it is not a shock to me that he has done something as heinous as abusing his own vulnerable mother.
I think everyone who followed him was completely shocked by the news, but now it seems like the communities are practically just waiting for there to be further revelations. I think I always considered him to be a fairly harmless creep so this was a major surprise to me.

I'd also like to add that he absolutely loves the attention from trolls and actively engages and seeks out this kind of attention. Rather than it being a case where he is a victim of bullying and trolling. Though it is hard to say if that's a result of being mentally ill or just really into being internet famous.

Reactions: 5
If I were trans/nb I wouldn’t feel inspired by Laurel Hubbard or Alana Smith’s performances what so ever. It’s not enough to just show up when it comes to the Olympics, the whole premise is pushing to do your best at your event.
It says a lot about the culture we’re in that showing up, and representing a marginalised community at the Olympics, is considered enough. You don’t need to try, you just need to grandstand about being there.

Reactions: 8
That's awful, I've been dreading that happening in my work for ages but luckily it hasn't happened yet. If it does, my plan is to say "I choose not to declare my pronouns" but I do wonder if in the heat of the moment I will be able to or just relent for the sake of a quiet life.

But it's such madness. In my entire working life, I've never been asked to display adherence to a particular ideology. Imagine if we had to declare allegiance to the Queen, or Marxism, or Christianity for example, in a work context? But somehow adherence to gender ideology is expected from all. Why can people not see how crazy this is?
I’m refusing to do it if they try, and my team leader is in full agreement with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone else got their fingers crossed for a lot more women peaking bc of Tubbard (big shout out to SqualorVictoria for that one :LOL:)? It would take extreme stupidity or just straight up doublethink to genuinely believe it's acceptable that he was even competing.

Stuck between wanting to bring this up with my friends, and also knowing it's too soon after I brought up another trans-charged topic... can't believe this tit's has legit got me worried about what to say, but it's a genuine thing to keep in mind lol...

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.