Gender Discussion #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I copied this from another website, and have kept it handy as a response - pronouns/signature
135225F5-27B6-4600-BE70-8FA288E538FD.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I know it's easy to say but it's imperative we push back on this- we cannot be forced to put pronouns in emails. The fight can only start when the first blood is drawn. Please please do not be bullied into doing this- we owe it to women everywhere to push back

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve just seen the clip of Hubbard where they appear to fail their attempt on purpose, letting it fall behind them and smiling before it’s even hit the ground.

Looks very suspicious to me. I definitely think they intended to fail. Should have practiced looking disappointed instead of “Tee hee! I couldn’t lift it!” Gross.

The comments on this tweet are actually, mostly, quite sensible. Thank god 🙏

Reactions: 8
More updates from clown world 🤡
What the person in the first video is trying to say is that it's understandable for autistic / mentally ill teenagers to choose "pronouns" based on animals or inanimate objects, etc. because they struggle to conform with expected gender roles, and may be so isolated that they don't feel human. I agree with that premise. But the solution is therapy and medical treatment where appropriate. Not saying that they have a whole separate identity and are sooooo valid

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh my goodness, I have just seen people who are friends of friends on Facebook crying transphobia at people commenting on the BBC news article about Laurel Cheathurd. (My attempt at nickname 😂)
I have blocked said friends. The misogyny on Facebook is real tonight. Ugh. Tonight I think I will read a book rather than scroll my socials. I can't bear it tonight. Thank goodness I can discuss here because in real life I feel so effing lonely regarding the utter lunacy that is going on at the moment. ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Radical feminists are doing this in places where people are being compelled to announce their pronouns.

"Dear HR, I am at the beginning of my gender journey and am struggling with my identity. I am very concerned at the impact on my mental and spiritual wellbeing if I have to forcibly 'out' myself and wish to refrain announcing my pronouns until I am ready to come out.

With best wishes and gratitude for your allyship and inclusivity."
That would actually tie my workplace in knots.

I've officially had to declare my pronouns at work 🙄, it wasn't optional it was simply "tell us what they are". I was very tempted to say HE just to see what they said!

I'm one of the only women in my department it really singles us out in emails etc.
Ugh sorry to hear they have pushed this ☹ so unfair.

When I see men with he/him in their sig at work I can't help but think "do you want a flippin' round of applause?!" So much easier for he/hims because there isn't the unspoken bias against men, but there certainly is for women ☹

Reactions: 12
Oh my goodness, I have just seen people who are friends of friends on Facebook crying transphobia at people commenting on the BBC news article about Laurel Cheathurd. (My attempt at nickname 😂)
I have blocked said friends. The misogyny on Facebook is real tonight. Ugh. Tonight I think I will read a book rather than scroll my socials. I can't bear it tonight. Thank goodness I can discuss here because in real life I feel so effing lonely regarding the utter lunacy that is going on at the moment. ☹
This is more or less the case nearly everywhere I looked outside of Tattle

I saw a few replies which were pretty reasonable and said that this move still set a precedent where women's sports could be exploited by these people. I think right now it's fairly unlikely as a lot of the established athletes are older and probably retired, but in a few years it could be the norm as very young people are identifying as trans. Even Hubbard is in her mid-40s which, as I understand, isn't very common
Though I do wonder if there will be a new discussion when we get people who started puberty blockers at a very young age and the argument that they're benefitting from male puberty sort of collapses

Additionally, and I did not know this, trans athletes testosterone levels are way above those expected from biological women who are competing:
In 2015, the IOC ruled that transgender athletes who identify as female could compete on female teams if their testosterone levels were below ten nanomoles per liter for at least 12 months before the competition. In 2019, World Athletics lowered the maximum level to five nanomoles per liter. By comparison, most cisgender female athletes have testosterone levels between 0.12 and 1.79 nanomoles per liter.
Just what.

There's also a football player who's trans and non-binary - literally no clue how this works and I'm still confused on what gender they are biologically, but this article appears to suggest that they are a trans male, so I wonder if the non-binary stuff is to avoid causing controversy/because they're presumably not allowed to compete in the men's team? I'm just utterly confused by this lol

Imagine raising a son and them turning out to be a fat loser, who ends up competing with women because they were so numbingly mediocre when they were competing with men. Then in the end realise that they’re still such a failure of a man that they also lost to women.

You probably think about how you should have pulled out that faithful night 44 years ago.

Tee hee hee! Oh my goodness gracious me! It was just too heavy for my feeble lil lady arms!
Ugly, smelly, at risk of a heart attack and high cholesterol bloke.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Imagine raising a son and them turning out to be a fat loser, who ends up competing with women because they were so numbingly mediocre when they were competing with men. Then in the end realise that they’re still such a failure of aman that they also lost to women.

You probably think about how you should have pulled out that faithful night 44 years ago.

Ugly, smelly, at risk of a heart attack and high cholesterol bloke.
Exactly. I can't take anyone seriously who can look their daughters in the eye and say one day you might be an Olympian but with men in the female category and that is acceptable and you should just 'accept' it.

So many girls watching that thinking of their futures and seeing men are allowed into their categories. A dangerous precedent.

There's also a football player who's trans and non-binary - literally no clue how this works and I'm still confused on what gender they are biologically, but this article appears to suggest that they are a trans male, so I wonder if the non-binary stuff is to avoid causing controversy/because they're presumably not allowed to compete in the men's team? I'm just utterly confused by this lol
I had a look at their insta and they've had top surgery so yeah, trans male/biologically female. But also non-binary. But competing with women. Fair enough I guess as they are biologically female but I'm assuming they're taking testosterone.

duck knows anymore, I'm confused by it all 🥴

Reactions: 5
I’ve seen it said that the whole ‘oh silly me I’m so weak I dropped it’ spiel could be classic AGP

Definitely, and he probably has a humiliation kink like a lot of them do, so he’d have loved all that.

Reactions: 9
Tee hee hee! Oh my goodness gracious me! It was just too heavy for my feeble lil lady arms!
It’s the immediacy with which he does this insipid gesture that gets me. Watch the women who fail to lift, they’re devastated because everything they’ve trained for just vanished. Look at Jade Carey’s reaction when she was unable to do her vaults the other day - absolutely devastated.

This untalented man immediately drops the weight, tee-hees and puts up a love heart. Not bothered in the slightest because he’s already achieved what he wanted, a place at the Olympics at the expense of a young woman with dreams and talent. duck. Right. Off.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
As much as I generally try to avoid the kind of posting that runs along the lines of 'look what this terrible transgender person did', this case is horrifying. This person is very extensively documented for various being-batshit-on-the-internet on various forums (probably not allowed to name the website here but you can find it if you really need to know more) and Reddit for years. Then this news has come out over the last few days that they have been arrested for admitting to having sexually abused their own mother, who is generally considered to have advanced dementia from various videos posted online over the years.

Research this story further at your own peril. Warning that this is a really gross and fucked up story so TW for sexual abuse if anyone does not want to read about that. I have spoilered the link to prevent any preview for those who don't wish to read anything about that.

https://www.insider.com/chris-chan-mom-arrested-incest-charge-over-leaked-audio-2021-8

The reason that this is interesting or worth posting here? Because Twitter are going bleeping apeshit about "misgendering" a person who raped their own mother.

1627933776438.png

1627933786634.png

1627933797418.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.