Gemmairelandpell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you had a stillbirth?

I have, and I will also be ordering a cake for my son's first birthday.

Edited to say: In fact, the counselling and support services I have received suggest it as a way to honour your baby's birthdays and remember their life.
Yes. Two stillbirths. It was never suggested to me to mark their birth days with a celebratory cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes. Two stillbirths. It was never suggested to me to mark their birth days with a celebratory cake.
I'm surprised at your comment on her decision to get a birthday cake so, everyone grieves in different ways - absolutely each to their own on how they want to honour their baby. I think a birthday cake is a great way to honour my baby and if anyone called it ghoulish then that's their problem

Reactions: 11
My brother died 25 years ago at 9 years old. My mum buys a caterpillar cake every year on his birthday. Always a Colin from marks. I’ve never thought it was weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I doubt it, I think she will post straight away
I reckon she’ll wait for almost a week after he’s born then we’ll get the standard pic of either hands, feet or an ear that all the celebs do. Along with name and birth weight etc.

Reactions: 6
I reckon she’ll wait for almost a week after he’s born then we’ll get the standard pic of either hands, feet or an ear that all the celebs do. Along with name and birth weight etc.
With that god awful song ‘I get to love you’ playing!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have you had a stillbirth?

I have, and I will also be ordering a cake for my son's first birthday.

Edited to say: In fact, the counselling and support services I have received suggest it as a way to honour your baby's birthdays and remember their life.
Yes, we have been encouraged to mark our daughters birthday that's coming up soon, she was stillborn at full term last year. We'll be getting a cake and releasing some pink balloons. I wouldn't be able to not mark it in some way or I would feel that I was pretending she never existed (obviously that's just my feelings, not everyone is the same but it's definitely not just a Gemma thing ).

• Heart
Yes, we have been encouraged to mark our daughters birthday that's coming up soon, she was stillborn at full term last year. We'll be getting a cake and releasing some pink balloons. I wouldn't be able to not mark it in some way or I would feel that I was pretending she never existed (obviously that's just my feelings, not everyone is the same but it's definitely not just a Gemma thing ).
I’m very sorry for the loss of your daughter but please do not release pink balloons into the air 😔 could you release bubbles in her memory perhaps along with the cake which is a lovely thought? Perhaps candles at her resting place also to light and to encourage family and friends to light them in her memory as well?

Reactions: 9
I’m very sorry for the loss of your daughter but please do not release pink balloons into the air 😔 could you release bubbles in her memory perhaps along with the cake which is a lovely thought? Perhaps candles at her resting place also to light and to encourage family and friends to light them in her memory as well?
We’ve lit candles before and it was actually really nice. You can get lovely signs on Etsy for them as well

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was just about to say the same thing, please re think the releasing of balloons 😔

Glad to hear the baby has arrived safely, not sure on the name myself but not my kid not my problem 😂
---
I love the name Ted.

How many weeks was she? 36?
Yeah just under 37 weeks I believe! Going by her Instagram he was due on 14/10 so she would had been 37 weeks this Saturday

Born at term! 36 weeks, I reckon she was milking it all along! I know thts harsh but I believe she loved the attention.

He was 7 lb 11 at 36 weeks! Jee9 my daughter was 7 lb 10 and overdue by 8 days!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7