Gemma Louise Miles #4 Lies about botanist candles, lining own pockets, copyright scandals

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in Peterborough and heard from mutual friends she fell out with Sophie because of Jamie. He doesn’t have a very good past apparently, there are some horrible rumours about him and ex gfs 😩Sophie wouldn’t stand by their relationship. Can’t blame her, he creepy AF
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Ahhhhhh thank you, that was delicious

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I live in Peterborough and heard from mutual friends she fell out with Sophie because of Jamie. He doesn’t have a very good past apparently, there are some horrible rumours about him and ex gfs 😩Sophie wouldn’t stand by their relationship. Can’t blame her, he creepy AF
It doesn't surprise me, that was my guess as to why they parted ways and I don't even know them. She will come to regret her decision but it may be too late by then. Anything to get those views in eh!

Reactions: 11
Ohh interesting I knew it would be something like that!

I hope Sophie stays away now and doesn’t let Gemma use her ever again!

Reactions: 12
It doesn't surprise me, that was my guess as to why they parted ways and I don't even know them. She will come to regret her decision but it may be too late by then. Anything to get those views in eh!
[/QUOTE
Wow that is very interesting but not surprising at all, why would a friend stick around when you pick a boyfriend over them, he comes across like the type that has cheated on GF’s in the past, I can’t put my finger on it but he just doesn’t seem genuine, and he has really latched onto her “YouTube” and I would say if a big driving force behind her to do sponsorships and brand deals because he knows he can mooch off her and do no work like most of these “you tubers” and their other halves
Suddenly their channel becomes a vlog channel the BF is in every video and then starts controlling the content and more clickbait titles appear
Pity she chose a guy over a long term friend
She has taken a massive risk bringing him into the public eye if he has got a history of abuse and cheating. What sane person would want to promote behaviour like that when all she harps on about is kindness and gratitude. She’s manifested a demon

Just seen her latest video is over an hour long... I can’t do it - at this point I know it’s not going to be worth it anymore. We all know she’s going to slowly make a cup of coffee, light a candle with some trash music in the background, skincare AD featuring that friggin foreo, make a list, make food (point at shopping), show the cats and obviously she’s going to do a timelapse clean 🤦🏻‍♀️

Her videos could be used as a form of torture, serious Ground Hog Day vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I can't stand all the slow motion - putting her feet into her slippers, pouring milk into her coffee, stirring it, lighting candles... Every time I stir a cup of coffee I think of it and I want to gouge my own eyeballs out (or something slightly less painful maybe!)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve seen enough from what she’s shared on her stories of people watching today’s video - there’s deffo some list making, some candle lighting and skincare, think it’s time for me to unsubscribe

Reactions: 6
Ok so I saw the long winded essay reposted on Gemma's story tonight from Emily Philpott and felt I had to comment.

First, I don't consider myself to be a hater. Along with others on this site, I have never commented anything personal, unwarranted or nasty about Gemma or any other influencer. There is something called accountability in the real world. And it involves facing people calling you out for irresponsible or unreasonable behaviour. In my view, severely editing your photos and how your life appears on screen, involving promoting unhealthy body image, is extremely irresponsible, worsened when your audience is predominantly young females. People have a right to comment on that.

Tonight I watched the news where nurses are working extremely long shifts caring for the sickest patients, and facing covid hoax protestors on their way in and out of the hospital. Imagine the real trauma they face, doing such a worthwhile job. influencers can they choose not to read online "hate" or comments, equally they can filter their online behaviour to be less harmful. Nurses can't avoid the negative sides to their job, like many professions.

I firmly believe a lot of influencers are quite thick skinned and money orientated. Posts like these convey that they need protecting from something that, in the context of real life, is quite trivial, and like I said, doesn't even have to be read by them in the first place. The fact they know forums exist about them means they have googled themselves. It really doesn't need people protecting them.

And they are fully aware of the implications of posting details of their life online, there are plenty of other jobs they could have chosen to pursue.

Want to reiterate I would never endorse hateful comments. There is a difference between hate and substantiated criticism which needs to be understood. They are not immune from such comments, just like we aren't.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ok so I saw the long winded essay reposted on Gemma's story tonight from Emily Philpott and felt I had to comment.

First, I don't consider myself to be a hater. Along with others on this site, I have never commented anything personal, unwarranted or nasty about Gemma or any other influencer. There is something called accountability in the real world. And it involves facing people calling you out for irresponsible or unreasonable behaviour. In my view, severely editing your photos and how your life appears on screen, involving promoting unhealthy body image, is extremely irresponsible, worsened when your audience is predominantly young females. People have a right to comment on that.

Tonight I watched the news where nurses are working extremely long shifts caring for the sickest patients, and facing covid hoax protestors on their way in and out of the hospital. Imagine the real trauma they face, doing such a worthwhile job. influencers can they choose not to read online "hate" or comments, equally they can filter their online behaviour to be less harmful. Nurses can't avoid the negative sides to their job, like many professions.

I firmly believe a lot of influencers are quite thick skinned and money orientated. Posts like these convey that they need protecting from something that, in the context of real life, is quite trivial, and like I said, doesn't even have to be read by them in the first place. The fact they know forums exist about them means they have googled themselves. It really doesn't need people protecting them.

And they are fully aware of the implications of posting details of their life online, there are plenty of other jobs they could have chosen to pursue.

Want to reiterate I would never endorse hateful comments. There is a difference between hate and substantiated criticism which needs to be understood. They are not immune from such comments, just like we aren't.
Really well said, can I also add I’m beyond fed up of influencers post Caroline Flack referencing suicide to guilt trip their audience.

Reactions: 17
did anyone watch Laura Meachem's Q&A video? I quite like Laura and remember her and Gemma used to be friends (or that's how it appeared). Laura even invited Gemma round and they don't live close to one another, they both went on that PR holiday to Croatia and were quite close then it seemed to go downhill. One of the Qs asked Laura if she had friends in the industry and she just said Hazel Wood and Liv Jarvis which I already knew of, in my opinion they do all seem like nice girls with normal lives. No mention of Gemma. Then she went on to talk about a lot of fakeness and how people will just use any brand deal they can get their hands on as they are so money orientated, regardless of the quality or whether it would appeal to their audience. She also said people can use you and then drop you in that industry. After seeing all the money-based goals Gemma listed in her planner, makes me think she falls into this category? Anyone know what happened between those two? And given Gemma has got quite a few subs and followers she does not seem to have any connections to others in the same industry?
Laura is very fake. She has like one friend and ditches them and gets another friend, and she cheated on her ex boyfriend Aaron, that’s why they split up....also she’s promotes bad diets like Herbalife and makes out she’s being ‘good’ and restricts her self. It’s the way she tries and justifies everything making out she has a perfect diet

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Week after week the same thing. As an influencer i would have been embarrassed not coming up with anything new or original.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else fast forward through those bits of the video when she's doing the ad for that bloody foreo face machine?
I've seen her do the same ad for it in her videos a thousand times and I just can't be bothered with it anymore.

Reactions: 22
Over an hour of boring cosy content and ads.
Don’t think I’ll even bother to attempt to watch.

I wanna know how she’s still got followers with the crap she keeps putting out?!

Just seen her latest video is over an hour long... I can’t do it - at this point I know it’s not going to be worth it anymore. We all know she’s going to slowly make a cup of coffee, light a candle with some trash music in the background, skincare AD featuring that friggin foreo, make a list, make food (point at shopping), show the cats and obviously she’s going to do a timelapse clean 🤦🏻‍♀️

Her videos could be used as a form of torture, serious Ground Hog Day vibes
It's also lazy editing...those of us in real "content creation" jobs know how to create snappy / appropriate / well edited "content" - these influencers don't have a clue.

I'm a journalist, and now an editor and my team covers heavy duty financial topics. But we understand that broadly, the audience doesn't have the time or inclination to read lots of massive essays or listen to an hour long podcast etc.

ETA: and when something controversial comes up, or a reader questions something it is our duty to listen, take stock and if it's decided that they were right, we have to acknowledge that and make any change required. We can't just delete the comment / email and talk about haters.

I used to watch every video but had to stop and haven’t watched any in ages. I did used to like her but the aesthetically perfect life she shows just makes me feel tit. I know it’s not realistic and if she had a full time job and other stuff going on her days wouldn’t be that perfect and relaxing but when the world has been so brutal and awful recently her perfect videos are just a bit much

• Heart
I don't think I've ever posted in here before so please bear with. I don't understand what this girls "thing" is? To me, she looks like a cheap imitation of Mrs Hinch? Her lip fillers genuinely upset me. Why does she need to do that? She's a pretty girl and in my opinion she's totally ruining her looks. She doesn't do anything at all, every video is the same? I just don't "get it"? Does she have no hobbies or interests besides sitting on the sofa? i'd be bored stiff.

I don't think I've ever posted in here before so please bear with. I don't understand what this girls "thing" is? To me, she looks like a cheap imitation of Mrs Hinch? Her lip fillers genuinely upset me. Why does she need to do that? She's a pretty girl and in my opinion she's totally ruining her looks. She doesn't do anything at all, every video is the same? I just don't "get it"? Does she have no hobbies or interests besides sitting on the sofa? i'd be bored stiff.
I'd say you know her very well already 😄 her life is groundhog day, everything is cosy, even in the summer...she wears everything oversized in beige, drinks Starbucks a lot and will sell absolutely anything for a quid or 2...is the ultimate AD bleep... has no personality and her face would melt if she stood too close to one of her cosy candles. She is money hungry and will lie and do whatever it costs to get some more. I'd say everything that comes out of her mouth/channel/instagram is a bare faced lie. People seem to like this🤔😳 🤣 she also bragged that she earned 10k a month but that is not enough for her she wants more.

• Wow
  • Haha
I'd say you know her very well already 😄 her life is groundhog day, everything is cosy, even in the summer...she wears everything oversized in beige, drinks Starbucks a lot and will sell absolutely anything for a quid or 2...is the ultimate AD bleep... has no personality and her face would melt if she stood too close to one of her cosy candles. She is money hungry and will lie and do whatever it costs to get some more. I'd say everything that comes out of her mouth/channel/instagram is a bare faced lie. People seem to like this🤔😳 🤣 she also bragged that she earned 10k a month but that is not enough for her she wants more.
I don't actually think we should take the financial figures she gives as always truthful...I would be very sceptical. Plus we mustn't forget that even discussing people on here propels their level of relevance on the internet. They want to give us something to talk about 🤷‍♀️ maybe that's why she included the page from her journal about all the financial goals too...
Self employed she might have £10k a month incoming but that might not be after tax, business outgoings etc...
In my view anyway. I think if you'd been earning £10k a month, have no dependants and are in your late 20s, you would not be renting.

I'm just watching her most recent video and I'm genuinely shocked that she is literally copying every little thing that Mrs Hinch does, she is just regurgitating everything she says regarding cleaning and it's just made me realise that shes literally just trying to be her; the hair, makeup, hair clothes, the house, everything. WTF

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.