Gemma Atkinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing I really appreciate is that both Gemma and Gorka are very realistic about fitness - they don't hide how hard they work and don't pretend you can look like that by simply doing a few HIIT sessions a week. But at the same time, they're very 'this is what works for me, but it's not for everyone', and have helpful, realistic suggestions about changes you can make - I found the short exercise routines they posted during the first lockdown really useful and motivating

I don't begrudge the fact that it's easier for them as they have a gym - they've worked hard for it and it's clearly not a fad for them and is a big part of their lives so they've been able to make the time for it. Good for them

(On a not unrelated note, I'm a bit fed up of so many fitness influencers flip-flopping from trend to trend based on what is popular right now. Just makes me question how seriously they take it and whether it's just all about engagement for them)

Reactions: 12
The thing I really appreciate is that both Gemma and Gorka are very realistic about fitness - they don't hide how hard they work and don't pretend you can look like that by simply doing a few HIIT sessions a week. But at the same time, they're very 'this is what works for me, but it's not for everyone', and have helpful, realistic suggestions about changes you can make - I found the short exercise routines they posted during the first lockdown really useful and motivating

I don't begrudge the fact that it's easier for them as they have a gym - they've worked hard for it and it's clearly not a fad for them and is a big part of their lives so they've been able to make the time for it. Good for them

(On a not unrelated note, I'm a bit fed up of so many fitness influencers flip-flopping from trend to trend based on what is popular right now. Just makes me question how seriously they take it and whether it's just all about engagement for them)
I agree with you Gemma and Gorka work incredibly hard to maintain their bodies and show realistically how much effort is required.

Fitness influencers are a big turn off ATM they just go suddenly become coaches but never really show a true maintained structure as you say they flit between things

Reactions: 8
See this weekends watching Gemmas stories I just flipping love them even more!

Gemma and Gorka are on this week's ep of Janette and Aljaz's podcast this week (it's called Twist and Shout). It's a really nice chat about their relationship and how they balance everything. They both come across as very grounded, as per 😊

Reactions: 5
wee Mia is perfection. most bonny wee thing. really enjoy their instagrams - which is a rarity these days with half the toerags on there 😳

Reactions: 15
I absolute love Gemma, she’s so real and nice, you could imagine having a pint and a good chat with her. She deserves her lovely little family, I hope they are always as happy as they appear to be ❤

Reactions: 12
Watching her stories this morning where she’s up early, meal prepping for her jobs as she’s out early and not back til after work, has a washing on, by herself, Mia to get up and get to nursery….I just love her and sooooooo many ‘privileged’ influencers who need their hand held for everything or act so entitled could learn so much from her just living a normal bloody life with a lovely family

I honestly can’t rate her more 🙌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Watching her stories this morning where she’s up early, meal prepping for her jobs as she’s out early and not back til after work, has a washing on, by herself, Mia to get up and get to nursery….I just love her and sooooooo many ‘privileged’ influencers who need their hand held for everything or act so entitled could learn so much from her just living a normal bloody life with a lovely family

I've just watched these stories. Mia is adorable and Gemma is the kind of woman all girls/women should be watching.

Reactions: 17

Yep she just gets in with it and actually clearly works to fit everything in. She's definitely the kind of role model women should look for

Reactions: 20
Yeah agreed, she seems down to earth and nice. Very different to what you might expect from an ex lads mag favourite! Her and Gorka do seem to be a pretty normal, contented couple and the fact that she gave her daughter a nice, normal name is refreshing too.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if Mia speaks Spanish as she always seems to speak English when camera on even around Gorka

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Mia speaks Spanish as she always seems to speak English when camera on even around Gorka

She definitely speaks some Spanish. I've seen stories of Gemma counting with her. She's bound to speak more English because I expect that's how Gemma and Gorka speak in the house, and grandparents, nursery.

Reactions: 4
Did anyone see Gemma and Gorka on Steph's Packed Lunch yesterday? They were great, and I liked the way Gemma deals with all the Strictly press nonsense - she genuinely doesn't seem to be bothered about it at all

Anyone else think something was wrong with one if the dogs?! I'm not a dog person but was devastated for her 🤦‍♀️😂

Reactions: 3
Anyone else think something was wrong with one if the dogs?! I'm not a dog person but was devastated for her 🤦‍♀️😂
Yes! I was scared to watch the next story as thought one of them had died. So glad all is ok 😂😍

Reactions: 1
She’s just such a babe isn’t she? So beautiful and down to earth,I love her and find her inspirational-she is just living her best life and not trying to be something she’s not.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I love her on Hits Radio.

She came out with a bit I loved today. She's not getting involved in Halloween this year, so she's gonna put an empty bowl and a sign saying "please take one" at the end of her drive so she doesn't have to deal with trick or treaters. And I won't lie, I love her for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7