Gemma Atkinson #4 She's not bothered, it's All Fine! She has an expert at the end of the line

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe how much she complained yesterday! It shows that she exercises to burn fat and build muscle, but isn’t actually physically fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Always banging on about how much she's training, how much Evil Steve is making her do, wanting to be "strong not skinny", then says 'how can you train for a 26 mile walk". I don't know Gemma, perhaps the same way people train to RUN 26 miles, by starting low and building up over time? Two dogs and two kids, you'd think she'd do a lot of walking out and about with them on a daily basis anyway 🤷 oh no, someone else probably walks the dogs and the kids aren't allowed out of the grey prison house because Mama's too busy filming herself lifting in the home gym and dunking herself in the ice bath.

I don't know how far in advance people get signed up for stuff like this, but unless she was literally asked to do it a couple of weeks before, there's no excuse for not having prepared for it at all, especially considering she's so obsessed with her body and exercise regime. Maybe she just assumed that because she's fit in the gym sense she'd be ok walking 26 miles with zero preparation.
I did a trek and got sent a training guide but because I did a lot of weights/gym advised to do a couple of long walks before hand. She is fitter than me so it shouldn’t have been an issue!

Reactions: 4
Awww her poor feet 🙄
She knew what she was signing up for. Training in the correct footwear would have helped massively. My in-laws regularly hike 15/20 miles a go, and completed the coast to coast walk recently. Both make a point of saying without the correct prep (ie shoes, socks etc) they wouldnt have completed it.

Reactions: 11
Dear god. I’m 17 stone, unfit as you like. I’ve done 2 moonlight marathons and 1 Snowdon climb at midnight. Did more or less the recommended training before hand, and got through all 3 without moaning once. Pretty sure no-one outside of my own home saw the state of my feet afterwards either. She’s pathetic.

Reactions: 18
I can’t believe how much she complained yesterday! It shows that she exercises to burn fat and build muscle, but isn’t actually physically fit.
yeah I think for those who mainly strength train with small bits of cardio like Gemma shouldn’t expect to have the required level of cardio fitness for endurance stuff, but surely she has an expert to explain that to her 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sure Gorka enjoyed looking at Gemmas big stinking looking trotters, after being surrounded with little beautiful tiny women

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am so confused as to why she thinks you can’t train for a 26 mile walk? Did I hear that right?! Of course you can!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm really intrigued as to how she'll do this 10k run by training on a treadmill. I once trained for a 5k on a treadmill (I'm a non runner) and it was a huge mistake. The minute I started running the flat course it felt so different running on non-moving ground and I really struggled. I think you have to follow the training programmes such as couch to 5k. I did that the next time and it made a massive difference. I could actually do it on the ground!

Reactions: 12
Always banging on about how much she's training, how much Evil Steve is making her do, wanting to be "strong not skinny", then says 'how can you train for a 26 mile walk". I don't know Gemma, perhaps the same way people train to RUN 26 miles, by starting low and building up over time? Two dogs and two kids, you'd think she'd do a lot of walking out and about with them on a daily basis anyway 🤷 oh no, someone else probably walks the dogs and the kids aren't allowed out of the grey prison house because Mama's too busy filming herself lifting in the home gym and dunking herself in the ice bath.

I don't know how far in advance people get signed up for stuff like this, but unless she was literally asked to do it a couple of weeks before, there's no excuse for not having prepared for it at all, especially considering she's so obsessed with her body and exercise regime. Maybe she just assumed that because she's fit in the gym sense she'd be ok walking 26 miles with zero preparation.
Long time lurker here 👋

You have to train for weeks, months even in advance of doing a 26 mile walk. I’ve done this, and I trained for 5 months prior and I was still in a whole new world of pain after. There is a massive difference in being strong and fit - she may be able to lift those large weights but her general fitness is no where near what it should be to do something like that walk

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm really intrigued as to how she'll do this 10k run by training on a treadmill. I once trained for a 5k on a treadmill (I'm a non runner) and it was a huge mistake. The minute I started running the flat course it felt so different running on non-moving ground and I really struggled. I think you have to follow the training programmes such as couch to 5k. I did that the next time and it made a massive difference. I could actually do it on the ground!
Agree! I did exactly the same thing. What I hadn't thought aboutfor my actual road surface run l, was being able to pace myself rather than relying on the treadmill set pace. As a result I set off too fast and then threw up about 250m from the end!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Strong does not always equal fit and healthy. I'm not saying she's not any of those things but from that walk it obviously she wants big stong muscles and not a healthy heart.
She's too muscle bound in her hips to run.
I'm really annoyed about her whining on that walk, shocking.

she's strong as in she could knock little G out with one punch...

but she has no stamina and she's made a fool of herself tbh

• Haha
Clips from their show keep popping up on FYPs. It looks so bloody dull. I thought these previews were supposed to make you want to watch. Not sure Gemma sniffing the baby’s bum and Gorka saying you’re cute I like your hair is going to convince me. Is it really as bad as it looks?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Clips from their show keep popping up on FYPs. It looks so bloody dull. I thought these previews were supposed to make you want to watch. Not sure Gemma sniffing the baby’s bum and Gorka saying you’re cute I like your hair is going to convince me. Is it really as bad as it looks?
I watched one and never again. Was so dull and contrived. I have no idea how they got a second series.

Reactions: 6
I hate myself for it but I’ve watched a few clips of the show here and there and I borderline feel a bit sorry for her 😂
Think we all know someone like Gemma, the ones that are smug, make out they’ve got everything in life but it’s not all that it seems. Gorka just looks disinterested and seems uncomfortable communicating or dealing with his own children.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.