Gemma Atkinson #3 Not a rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t even know why but I get irrationally annoyed when she refers to ‘evil Steve’ better strap in though as see she’ll be back training with him yippee
I think she quite likes evil Steve tbh. Seems more her type than gorka

Reactions: 5
I think, to try and stay on track, the problem is that Gemma‘s initial surge of popularity was around the tail end of ladette culture. She had her boob, job, posed in Nuts weekly and gave interviews where like Amy in Gone Girl, she was one of the lads, beers, footie, Manchester etc etc.

Gemma’s not that daft, she knows times have moved on so she’s rebranded. But all that ‘Not like other Girls’ bollocks still swills around her head. She’s not like other boring, stick-in-the-mud women who care about their weight, she’s cooooool and just likes being fit. She’s not like other mums who are uptight about what their kids eat, it’s all about balance (but also … hmm ), she’s not like other women who make their kids a priority after their birth, she’s a cool woman who makes misogynistic jokes at her own expense about her partner’s wants from her body (favourite pub, anyone?).

I don’t think she’s a terrible person, I think she has some lovely attributes but she cant really let go of all those messages she internalised about what she needed to do, who she needed to be to be famous. So much of it is tied up in remaining, frankly, fuckable. And it’s frustrating when we can see through it sat at home but she can’t seem to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
As women we are taught for most of our lives that our worth is tied to how attractive/fuckable we are. Even when you are aware of it, it is really hard to undo that conditioning. She must be keenly aware she is getting to the upper end of the ‘acceptable’ age for getting regular work on tv, she probably feels a lot of pressure.

For balance - I still think she acts like a prat.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The bottom three lines, a dig at us tattlers
View attachment 2603487
Or it could be a dig at other mums who have probably messaged her on mass concerned at a four month old eating two bowls of porridge day.

ETA: to be fair he's Gemma Atkinsons child so not like other babies who wean a little from 6 months old, he has to be strong enough pack in a few rounds of pull ups on his baby gym so its all fine ladies worry not 16 wks on 2 bowl fulls total normal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
What is ‘officially’ weaning? Two bowls of porridge a day is already two meals so only one more to add in

Reactions: 6
I think it's completely reasonable. I mean he's probably starting the 12 week 'evil Steve' programme with Gemma in January so he'll need to start bulking up. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I mean both my kids had more than 6oz in a feed at Trivago's age so it wouldn't be a huge leap to suggest bigger bottles really would it. Then there's "hungry baby" formula too. There's a reason the official guidelines are 6 months but obviously Gemma being a 2nd time Mum knows wayyyyy more than the actual experts 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
This has made me cross thats shes said the NHS changes all the time hence she doesn't follow it...its evidence based ! The evidence changes all the time.. I understand that she is his mum and its her choice whether to follow the guidelines or not but why does she have to put it on her very public social media page ? That's the part I don't understand is why the world needs to see it....

Reactions: 21
She's thick. She doesnt understand science or that guidance changes BECAUSE the evidence is constantly evolving.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She is so thick honestly. Does she not realise how much research goes into the NHS?? And that’s why guidelines change? Just like how certain things now aren’t encouraged to be taken / eaten during pregnancy. Does she think some random Tom dick or harry just sits editing the nhs website for fun?

Reactions: 24
I was just coming on to say the same. 'They say it's guidelines, there's never any evidence'. What do you think guidelines are based on then, thicko?! 🤣

Also it's 'minefield' not mind field. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thick twit. Oh, spoke to someone private, who will tell you what you want to hear because they want the money to keep coming.

When I weaned my eldest the research said that a babies stomach and kidneys aren’t developed enough to properly support the proper digestion of solids before 6 months old, early weaning was linked potentially to various stomach issues/sensitivities, and the main push for it was from formula companies pushing their baby foods.

This was only 7ish years ago, so I can’t imagine much has changed since then. As per usual, this is just Gemma doing what she can to make the baby sleep all night so not to disturb her/Gorka. If she doesn’t want any criticism she should stop sharing.

Reactions: 20
The next time she’s showing a workout can someone message her that the ‘correct’ technique is actually an outdated and risky one from the 1990s and because you know your body better than anyone, any guidelines in place since then don’t need to be followed to the letter??

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I hate this "do your own research" crap.... Also, Gemma, guidelines are evidence based not just made up for fun🙄🙄

Reactions: 19
She's obviously getting a lot of comments about it which would explain the series of stories defending her point of view. Even though she's totally not bothered because you just need to do your own research and know your own baby and everyone is different and it's ALL FINE.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.