Gem Lo Valentine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has just shared a story on Instagram being sorry that she hasn't been posting, could hardly hear her with music in her car. I think it's really sad actually, she needs to stop with Instagram now, enough is enough. It isn't for her.

Reactions: 10
The music is annoying and she’s always stepping away from social media. She’d be no good in a real job.

Reactions: 8
The music is annoying and she’s always stepping away from social media. She’d be no good in a real job.
I think it's time she stops, and there is always a pattern in her backing away, she did it last year and didnt come back for months. In all fairness I feel sorry for the little boy Leo. Give up on Instagram and you tube, she should put full focus on her son, concentrate on the things that matter. Instagram is OK but it's a huge advertisement these days and you can only be a HUGE success if you post daily story's everyday and pay for boosting posts. It's hard work. ( and this is coming from someone who owns their own business) she should live her life being a mum, make some mummy friends live her life. Time to stop Gem.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, it’s not doing her any good at all. I really do think she’d be much happier just getting a proper part time job now and maybe doing the off Instagram post or YouTube video for fun if she wants to - it isn’t working for her as a job and if she can’t make it work now her son is at school with so much extra time then she never will. No criticism, it’s just obviously not good for her mental health.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, it’s not doing her any good at all. I really do think she’d be much happier just getting a proper part time job now and maybe doing the off Instagram post or YouTube video for fun if she wants to - it isn’t working for her as a job and if she can’t make it work now her son is at school with so much extra time then she never will. No criticism, it’s just obviously not good for her mental health.
Like you say son Is at school. Bit more time on your hands, but not being horrible no one cares about gerbils and rats that she has. Her mental health is suffering, its just not worth it. She obviously struggles at this time of year.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if she has an actual job as she has been very quiet on social media. If she does, she obviously won’t share that. I do think she is suffering quite badly. The things she does and says sometimes just does not make sense.

Reactions: 4
Did anyone else see the post she shared on her Instagram story the other day which spoke about how your body 'isn't your dream body if you find it a nightmare to maintain' or something like that? I feel for her a bit because she clearly struggles with mental health and body image problems.

Reactions: 7
Did anyone else see the post she shared on her Instagram story the other day which spoke about how your body 'isn't your dream body if you find it a nightmare to maintain' or something like that? I feel for her a bit because she clearly struggles with mental health and body image problems.
I didn't see that. 😕 very sad. I think it goes a lot deeper than depression, possible past eating disorders. Who knows. But social media is not for her. It won't help.

Reactions: 6
She's finally done a YouTube video after 4 weeks away. It's less than 5 mins, she looks really down in it and the only reason she's done it is to do a half hearted ad for a handbag brand. In surprised she was gifted the bag tbh with the lack of activity on her channel. She needs to stop with the YouTube, being given ads must just increase the pressure on her to film a video when she's really not up to it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She's finally done a YouTube video after 4 weeks away. It's less than 5 mins, she looks really down in it and the only reason she's done it is to do a half hearted ad for a handbag brand. In surprised she was gifted the bag tbh with the lack of activity on her channel. She needs to stop with the YouTube, being given ads must just increase the pressure on her to film a video when she's really not up to it.
Was it an expensive handbag brand? I cannot imagine that it is considering her dwindling numbers.

I would hate to make monetized content for a living as it would make me ill. I do wonder how she affords to live though as UC isn't a great deal AFAIK and the DWP are known snoopers on claimants' social channels.

Reactions: 3
Was it an expensive handbag brand? I cannot imagine that it is considering her dwindling numbers.

I would hate to make monetized content for a living as it would make me ill. I do wonder how she affords to live though as UC isn't a great deal AFAIK and the DWP are known snoopers on claimants' social channels.
It was an American brand (Teddy Blake) that you can only buy in Dollars, and she had a $30 off code. Bags are a few hundred dollars each. Very odd considering her target audience are UK women who shop in Primark and H&m!

I wonder why that brand reached out to her? It makes no sense and doubt anyone will use her code given the need for international shipping.

Reactions: 5
It was an American brand (Teddy Blake) that you can only buy in Dollars, and she had a $30 off code. Bags are a few hundred dollars each. Very odd considering her target audience are UK women who shop in Primark and H&m!

I wonder why that brand reached out to her? It makes no sense and doubt anyone will use her code given the need for international shipping.
Ah thanks. Another vlogger I watch, HelenMaryJo has been vlogging about Teddy Blake so clearly they hand freebies out to anyone with more than 1000 subs?

To be honest that video is quite concerning. She looks like she will burst into tears at any minute. I already know that we won't see that much of her in the new year, not because I am being nasty or negative, I can just see her heart is not in it. She is best to stop, no pressure in her life and do things she will enjoy. Life is hard enough, without having to try and "please" people you don't know.

To be honest that video is quite concerning. She looks like she will burst into tears at any minute. I already know that we won't see that much of her in the new year, not because I am being nasty or negative, I can just see her heart is not in it. She is best to stop, no pressure in her life and do things she will enjoy. Life is hard enough, without having to try and "please" people you don't know.
She really doesn’t seem ok. I don’t know what is going on in her life but it’s quite concerning. I hope she decides to just do whatever makes her happiest and whatever keeps her on an even keel. I’m not convinced that the influencer stuff does that for her.

She really doesn’t seem ok. I don’t know what is going on in her life but it’s quite concerning. I hope she decides to just do whatever makes her happiest and whatever keeps her on an even keel. I’m not convinced that the influencer stuff does that for her.
Maybe get a 'proper' job? It's harsh, but Leo's at nursery and maybe his elusive father is paying for his upkeep? I really cannot be bothered to pity this woman, I really cannot.

Also ... I had a dream about dead gerbils last night. Urk!

• Heart
Maybe get a 'proper' job? It's harsh, but Leo's at nursery and maybe his elusive father is paying for his upkeep? I really cannot be bothered to pity this woman, I really cannot.

Also ... I had a dream about dead gerbils last night. Urk!
Same !
What’s to pity…nothing stopping her getting a actual job
She’s just another who wants to get money for doing nothing

After I had my son I stayed at home for a couple of years and my mental health took a real nose dive. I went back to work when he was 3 and it’s the best thing I’ve done. I have a routine, he goes to nursery, I have friends at work, I use my brain a lot more. Honestly she needs to get a job.

Gem - you probably read here already and this is honestly friendly advice… just step away from the influencer lifestyle, it doesn’t appear to be good for your mental health.

irregular videos wont give you the engagement that you need and also your content is 95% hauls which, when the economy is nosediving, is just not something people will actively search for.

you can see youre visibly upset in the last video so please take time for your self and think of a career outside of YouTube. It might do you a world of good to have structure in your life that is somewhat “enforced” on you, i wish you and your wee boy the best of happiness

She’s looking very thin again on her Instagram post. 😰
I thought that too. She only ever seems to post these mirror selfies with crop tops etc when she’s lost a lot of weight - not sure why, maybe she’s fishing for people to tell her she looks amazing or maybe it’s a cry for help. I’m just worried for her.