Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lahne

I don’t think it was bollocks as such, but I think she is ill and not yet recovered. I think she wanted to present herself as recovered, fake it til you make it kind of thing. But sadly seems like she went too fast. ED recovery is a long road.
Fair point. Kind of what I meant (but I said it in a really grumpy way 😂). I had an ED way back in my early 20s and it does take time to recover. I think one of the absolute worst things you can do for recovery is be on Instagram.

Reactions: 5

Lahne

She’s starting to look very skinny again. I knew all the love your body stuff was bollocks.

• Wow

robbacrap

She is one of the few Youtubers I still follow. She is very sweet and I think she has a great sense of style! Replies to comments and DMs, super down to earth!

Noxy nono

Yes, I’ve been watching Gemma for years and years and before Leo I believe she was a retail manager.

She has always been a bit odd though - I remember a video years ago that she deleted because people were commenting and asking if she was on drugs as she was acting very strangely in it.
I remember that!! She was like spinning around on her chair talking high pitched very bizarre!!

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
She is just a massive fraud like all the other insta huns
We have all embraced our mum time etc like she said and now she has gone and lost all that weight and left us behind and made us all feel like shit now

• Heart

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Just catching up now; there was a sponsored mega cringey lounge/underwear video which made me question why she's wearing a 36 band size bra if she's lost all of that weight? It was uploaded about three months ago.

I soon got bored and chose her most recent, at time of writing, the ASOS/Top Shop haul and she's got even thinner - resembling a lollipop. As other posters have already said, her hair is damaged because of her restrictive diet. She's so repetitive and the vocabulary is limited.

As for ordering stuff, trying it on, videoing it and returning the majority, that's just wrong. Hmm.

Lahne

Agreed, while it’s good that she did a video in relation to this (especially for her - it seems like it has helped her to admit out loud that she had a problem), she wasn’t really honest about it. “Food issues” - it wasn’t really good issues, it was an eating disorder and likely still is to some extent. Women and girls with serious body issues and mental health problems are watching her and for their sake I feel that she should have said outright “I had an eating disorder” or “I became obsessed with restricting my food” and “I lost too much weight” because by not being explicit about that it doesn’t open up the conversation or point out that what she was doing was not behaviour to copy.
Also, if she’s out on weight like she kept saying she has then it’s a very small amount which demonstrates that she’s not quite out of the woods as an amount of weight that small going on is no big deal to a mentally well person.

I am so glad that she is feeling better although she still seems fragile. I’m not convinced that this is the best job for someone in that frame of mind.

Mummylife_247

She has zero content other than Primark Hauls. How much stuff does she need and who is paying the rent whilst she does haul after haul.

ophelia1990

VIP Member
After I had my son I stayed at home for a couple of years and my mental health took a real nose dive. I went back to work when he was 3 and it’s the best thing I’ve done. I have a routine, he goes to nursery, I have friends at work, I use my brain a lot more. Honestly she needs to get a job.

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
My first thought was that she had been ill! Her head is starting to look too big for her body. I'm not skinny shaming, but she really does look tiny.

JLXRD

VIP Member
She’s starting to look very skinny again. I knew all the love your body stuff was bollocks.
I don’t think it was bollocks as such, but I think she is ill and not yet recovered. I think she wanted to present herself as recovered, fake it til you make it kind of thing. But sadly seems like she went too fast. ED recovery is a long road.

• Sad

Noxy nono

Somethings not quite right with her at the minute I don’t think..
It’s like she’s trying too hard to proof she’s happy with her size
When she’s trying the shorts on…and she
Makes a point of showing her stomach
I don’t know …it’s a bit off
Honestly she just seemed not right! And like i said its like she had a bit to drink! She is better off not doing you tube and get better first. But you're right something is really off.

amylia

Her weight loss is definitely not healthy. She went from a size 14 to a size 8 in a just a few months. That's not possible without either being really ill or starving yourself. Healthy, sustainable weight loss is around 1lb per week.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I'm glad that other Tattlers feel the same. A size 6/8 at 5ft 7in sounds far too thin to me. I wonder how she injured herself with the Joe Wicks workout? I bet she went bonkers from the off and I write as a person who ended up with sciatica after going crazy for Pilates!

There are so many sycophants on her comments. Hmph!

TheNapQueen

Unfortunately the one thing that made me like Gem and follow her was because she was my size and seemed relatable.
I can find thousands of size 8/10 influences but few size 14/16. It was her and Lucy Wood. Both now unfollowed now.

So true, exactly what I was thinking. 1400 is too high for her to have lost the amount of weight she did but also abit low to maintain. I knew she wouldnt be honest and transparent in the videos. She never is in fairness, as I said before its like she wnats the influencer lifestyle without all the prying eyes.
Dont know why shes bothering with youtube anymore to be honest, she doesnt seem to enjoy it and seems to only want recognition for her frail and weak body from the comments

emmer_moans

VIP Member
She must be on a no carb (Atkins/Keto) style diet. The thing with those diets us as soon as you start eating carbs you will gain all the weight back. I hate it when "influencers" lie through their teeth about things like weight loss......oh I didn't cut anything out I did all the right way. BULLSHIT!
And then the What I Eat in a Day videos and pics always feature those blooming porridge or smoothie bowls with fruits arranged beautifully on top, as if that’s what they have every day!