Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Just watched Gem’s video ‘I can’t do this anymore’: she’s admitted how she has been feeling about competing with other influencers, and that she feels like quitting social media. That there’s so much pressure to look beautiful and that she’s unhappy despite losing weight. Good for her for admitting that, let’s hope she looks after herself.

Reactions: 7

37BBL

VIP Member
I don't watch her anymore. She's really insincere now and has no appeal now she is so stick thin.

All the 'embrace the mum tum' dancing around she used to do, was just a cover up as she obviously wasn't happy in her skin. Really dishonest and put me right off her. She doesn't suit being so thin either, she looks ill actually.

Lahne

Mmmm. Referring to tea with a splash of milk and half a sugar as her regular treat “because life is for living” is not a healthy attitude. Who on earth would consider that to be decadent?

she’s reminding me of (about to show my age here) Geri Halliwell circa 2000ish when she appeared at an awards ceremony all tiny and was going on about how healthy she was and how it was all down to yoga. I remember thinking at the time: “No way. That’s a huge weight loss in a short time and it is sure as hell an eating disorder and exercise addiction.” Sure enough, a couple of years later she told all about how she was suffering from an ED and exercise addiction at the time (although has since not mentioned it as she has pretty much maintained that lifestyle ever since and is still scarily thin).

Anyway. Nothing about her appearance or what she has said makes me think that this is healthy weight loss or coming from a place of good mental health. The underwear photo she posted made me do a sharp intake of breath. Her legs look so poorly and thin. The thing is though that influencers know that owning up to EDs or poor eating habits is not acceptable so they will never admit to losing weight in that way. I just hope she’s alright and has some support as I am concerned.

Noxy nono

Skipped through her latest vid of the lounge underwear. She has gone down the AD route of You Tube 🥴 also her eyes look really emotionless they seem completely glazed over or is that just me?

I managed to watch 6m 23s before losing interest. She didn't need to lose 30lb and as for calorie counting EVERY SINGLE THING - that's obsessive and doesn't really mean that it's easily maintained. How boring must life be now?
Totally agree on this. She can say as much as she wants about not being on a diet and how she doesnt like the term but she clearly is if she is obsessively counting calories. Counting a drop of milk in tea? That's borderline disordered eating.
Honestly she can be whatever size she wants but I cant relate clothes wise to a size 6-8 coupled with the fact her personality has disappeared altogether. I had to laugh at the comments on the video one said,oh your personality is shining and you seem so much more comfortable. Have to disagree there!

• Heart

RubySunday

The constant hauls are annoying and overdone. Apart from showing us around a shop, or showing us what you’ve bought (and will later return!) what other parts of your personality can you offer us?

It’s just bland, bland, bland.. same old shite. Switch it up. Try something new. Give your audience something new to watch. Do a Q&A and let people learn about you. Tell us about your life. Let your personality shine.

I used to be a big fan of Gem. But she just keeps offering up the same old shit and expects people are going to stick around.

Just watched her video and honestly, she sounds like her mental health is still very much in danger. "The older I get the more I just dont care what anyone thinks of me"... but gem you just took a 4 month break because of reasons unknown(presumably the fakeness on social media?) She obviously did care and her saying she doesnt is a defense mechanism or something?
Her harping on about designer bags,houses etc when have any of her followers even brought that up or expected her to be living this "insta"life? That is entirely her own insecurities and I still feel she needs to work on herself before even attempting to go back to social media

barryjones

VIP Member
I don't know anything about her apart from she has a son and goes to primark every day?
I don't know why she expects people to watch her.

Noxy nono

The music is annoying and she’s always stepping away from social media. She’d be no good in a real job.
I think it's time she stops, and there is always a pattern in her backing away, she did it last year and didnt come back for months. In all fairness I feel sorry for the little boy Leo. Give up on Instagram and you tube, she should put full focus on her son, concentrate on the things that matter. Instagram is OK but it's a huge advertisement these days and you can only be a HUGE success if you post daily story's everyday and pay for boosting posts. It's hard work. ( and this is coming from someone who owns their own business) she should live her life being a mum, make some mummy friends live her life. Time to stop Gem.

Memmy

VIP Member
I am concerned that this weight loss is definitely not healthy. Her hands have barely any fat on them. She doesn't seem toned or muscular, just weak. It reads on a person's face and in the form and proportions of their body when they have an eating disorder. She looks drained and tired. What I don't understand is that if you're having such a stressful time that you begin abusing yourself with malnutrition, why would you parade it on the internet? Does she not realise that the way she looks is distressing to see as a viewer and a trigger to others living with an eating disorder or recovering from one. It is really irresponsible of her to continue doing this type of fashion content where she is highlighting her figure. It is irresponsible as she doesn't consider the message she is giving out, especially with the reasoning behind the weight loss not adding up, and it is extremely irresponsible of her to document this clearly tumultuous behaviour online for her son to see one day. Nobody wants to see their mummy having a breakdown and waste away.

Milmum

My first thought was that she had been ill! Her head is starting to look too big for her body. I'm not skinny shaming, but she really does look tiny.
I agree. She’s starting to get that lolly pop look. I’m kinda worried about her. Whatever she’s doing it’s drastic and definitely not healthy

Reactions: 6

Idntknow

It feels like she wants the youtube/instagram lifestyle without having to give too much up. Like we all wanna get free stuff and not have to work a 9-5 but with the putting urself out there ur gonna be open to criticism and need a super thick skin. (Its why most of us dont)
I think she uploaded her videos the wrong way round, the shop with me shoulda been first and then the what I got and try on.

I do like her but i feel like her spark is gone which is really sad like she used to seem excited for the stuff she was buying but now its almost a chore

Re the sexy underwear....she cnt return that... whos she wearing it for coz she lives with her parents and leos in the other room so its not like shell be getting any (also think shes single) and its not what u wear to bed, like imagine Leo wakening up in the night shed need to get dressed before going to see him 🤔

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
She probably wont come out with any weight loss video because she knows shes not doing it in a healthy way
No way is it through walking more through lockdown
I have been too but haven’t lost half my body weight!
It defo looks like shakes or starvation

Noxy nono

Yeah, it’s not doing her any good at all. I really do think she’d be much happier just getting a proper part time job now and maybe doing the off Instagram post or YouTube video for fun if she wants to - it isn’t working for her as a job and if she can’t make it work now her son is at school with so much extra time then she never will. No criticism, it’s just obviously not good for her mental health.
Like you say son Is at school. Bit more time on your hands, but not being horrible no one cares about gerbils and rats that she has. Her mental health is suffering, its just not worth it. She obviously struggles at this time of year.

Lahne

Something does look wrong with the legs in that photo. They are too long and stretched.

I noticed she mentioned her weight loss in her stories today. I do not believe what she says about doing it healthily. It is too much weight to lose in a short space of time for that. I am concerned for her.

She banged on for so long on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO about loving her curves, loving her mum tum & cellulite & now even a size 12 looks too big on her.
100% this 👌🏼 Nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight and feel better etc but why is she so secretive about it? If you're going to put yourself out there on social media you have to be transparent and not put on a show, because it becomes apparent after awhile. Shes fake AF which is sad because I genuinely had so much time for her before

Ems55

Chatty Member
She's ok, but I get a bit bored of the "body positivity/lumps and bumps/mum tum" chat. I mean, I'm all for that but she doesn't half go on about it!