Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Leopo

I think her “career” on yt is making her mh worse.
she would be so much happier if she left it for good.
the complaining about her yt views affecting her mh will annoy a lot of people. Lots of us deal with mh issues and still have to go out to work a normal job everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Lahne

And also it feels a bit “hmmmm” to be trying to spread the body positive message even though she only stopped trying to starve herself a few months ago. Recover properly first. You’re not just suddenly fixed and body positive because you’ve been eating normally (we assume) for a few months.

Lahne

I assumed she was referencing the shit Tatu song of the early 2000s because people have been speculating about her sexuality. I am rolling my eyes about it all to be honest - who even cares if someone is straight or gay these days?

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
Was it an expensive handbag brand? I cannot imagine that it is considering her dwindling numbers.

I would hate to make monetized content for a living as it would make me ill. I do wonder how she affords to live though as UC isn't a great deal AFAIK and the DWP are known snoopers on claimants' social channels.
It was an American brand (Teddy Blake) that you can only buy in Dollars, and she had a $30 off code. Bags are a few hundred dollars each. Very odd considering her target audience are UK women who shop in Primark and H&m!

I wonder why that brand reached out to her? It makes no sense and doubt anyone will use her code given the need for international shipping.

yeoooo

Gem - you probably read here already and this is honestly friendly advice… just step away from the influencer lifestyle, it doesn’t appear to be good for your mental health.

irregular videos wont give you the engagement that you need and also your content is 95% hauls which, when the economy is nosediving, is just not something people will actively search for.

you can see youre visibly upset in the last video so please take time for your self and think of a career outside of YouTube. It might do you a world of good to have structure in your life that is somewhat “enforced” on you, i wish you and your wee boy the best of happiness

I hate this as a thing in general. When someone loses weight everyone rushes to tell them how great they look without any thought as to why it has happened and whether it’s helpful
100 this 🙌 I am living proof. I went from a 16 to a size 10. I'm pretty tall, even taller than gem and I honestly looked like a lollipop. It was due to an underlying health issue ,stress and just genuinely not eating healthy but shock horror everyone told me how good I looked. It really messed with my mental health as I was thinking well I feel like sh🤬t and I'm leading a very unhealthy lifestyle yet people are congratulating me

• Heart

Lahne

Must be a bloody big calorie deficit. Just because she used an app to log calories doesn’t make it not disordered eating.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I managed to watch 6m 23s before losing interest. She didn't need to lose 30lb and as for calorie counting EVERY SINGLE THING - that's obsessive and doesn't really mean that it's easily maintained. How boring must life be now?

I only found her on YouTube because I was seeking out size 14-18 UK style ideas. Being a size 8 or minus 2, whatever she is anyway means that she's no longer as relevant to the standard UK woman as once was.

I wish she would say why she sprouted aloud of bull about how she embraces her "wobbly bits" and "mum tum".
Her personality has completely changed also and seems like she lost it along with the weight
I completely agree - all of that crap about 'embracing the mum tum and reverse Kardashian body shape. What shite.

cushtybert

VIP Member
I have been absent the last few days because I fell and fractured 2 ribs. Pain medication has knocked me out.

"But, during this time I had a recommendation in my YT feed for Autistic Interpretations I've posted the following from their page:
" Jess is 31-years-old, autistic, and blind. Her favorite topics of conversation include getting a new dog, her friend Keely, her Aunt Sue, and cousin Donna. Jess collects CD’s of children’s music, cards, coloring books, and has a small collection of used up disposable cameras that she refuses to get developed. Favorite health foods include chicken and rice, chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, chicken biscuits, pepperoni pizza, and hash brown potatoes. Jess has naturally curly hair that she would rather not ever comb, brush, or cut.

Jessica’s multiple disabilities stem from brain damage that occurred in-utero, and from hydrocephalus. In addition to autism and blindness, Jess also has minor fine motor and gross motor deficits."

I've been watching and crying. My tears are for Abbie realizing what might have been a much better life if she had the love and care like Jess. Jess is verbal and I wonder if Abbie might have been able to speak a few words had A and P done their jobs. They have failed Abbie.😭

Jess's parents are divorced and her mom is the primary care taker. So, she managed to be a single mom (I think 3 kids), worked full time and taught Jess. Jess has manners, is potty trained and her sensory needs are fulfilled. Amazing, too much to keep blabbing so I hope y'all can watch a couple of her videos and let me know what you think.
I think your on the wrong thread 😬

Gem looks SO tiny now. I didn't recognise her on my IG feed! I know she said she's been doing more walking during lockdown but losing that much weight in such a short timeframe isn't good. I do hope she's ok. :(
She really does look so tiny doesn’t she? I hate the way everyone is praising her about it in the comments of her video

Lahne

If she is a lesbian she doesn’t look like one, too girly
Yeah…we don’t all have Justin Bieber haircuts and wear check shirts with mens jeans you know 😂😂 You’d never pick me out as a lesbian if you saw me. Sitting here in my flowery PJs taking my make up off as we speak. Finger nails (lack of) are usually a fairly reliable sign but otherwise you often can’t tell.

Anyway. Same old stuff - she needs to concentrate on her son and making herself happy and get a normal job at this stage.

37BBL

VIP Member
I dnt think she is eating better, or well I dnt think shes in “love with herself” the way she tries to put across. Her entire online persona was all love the mum tum and she would show it in every video saying its fine to have a tummy as long as you feel good. She was obviously lying that she was fine with it and restricted her diet shes made herself so ill shes having to have IV iron. Now shes back to its fine to have a mum tum and showing her stomach.
I really do wish her the best but she needs to stop social media, she barely posts and when she does its just a primark haul of stuff she probably cant afford and returns anyway.
she comes across as quite unhappy and lonely sometimes.
I agree with this yeah. She used to be more relatable but since she has been so up and down with her weight, it's clear she was always mentally struggling and just putting on a front. I think.she should sack it in to be honest, she is unlikely to ever be confident in her own skin in this sort of job. She seems really lonely and maybe a normal sort of job would help.

Idntknow

My comments on this woman are as repetitive as her content….Primark haul! Theres no way she keeps all these clothes! How is she making enough money to cover living expenses!!?

Idntknow

She spends more time apologising for not being active than actually being active. Theres always “something in the background” that she doesnt want to share.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I am watching it now - her eyes cannot focus and she's very distracted. Is she funded by Primark? Do you all reckon that everything is returned? Surely she could stop buying cheap blown together togs and save up for something decent.

lola_goss

Oh boohoo gem, gimme a break 🙄 you basically lied to EVERYONE that followed you. "I love my wobbly bits" blah blah blah. What a shock you've lost followers and views. She cant expect to have followers when a wall is more transparent
Plus it’s haul after haul after haul. I mean I do enjoy her hauls because I have similar style but seriously it’s just too many!?

Noxy nono

She's finally done a YouTube video after 4 weeks away. It's less than 5 mins, she looks really down in it and the only reason she's done it is to do a half hearted ad for a handbag brand. In surprised she was gifted the bag tbh with the lack of activity on her channel. She needs to stop with the YouTube, being given ads must just increase the pressure on her to film a video when she's really not up to it.
To be honest that video is quite concerning. She looks like she will burst into tears at any minute. I already know that we won't see that much of her in the new year, not because I am being nasty or negative, I can just see her heart is not in it. She is best to stop, no pressure in her life and do things she will enjoy. Life is hard enough, without having to try and "please" people you don't know.

dancer88

Is she always going to make primark videos? She needs to make different videos but I can’t imagine her doing that or what would keep me interested anymore

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Maybe it's just lockdown boredom, but I've been watching some of her vids recently. Jeez, is there anything else in Ms Valentine's life apart from her son and tacky fashion?

Reactions: 4