GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm female but I do feel that men's mental health doesn't have the recognition in needs in government in view of the high incidence of male suicide.

Now it's all about her and milking the "distress" caused to her by Fox's comments. She loves the attention and will dine out on it for weeks.

Reactions: 7
She said we need a Minister for mental health not just for men how is that vile ?
She was very dismissive of mens mental health
---
To be honest on the subject of mental health and I speak as someone who has suffered my whole life I actually find most discussions about it really bloody annoying. No one really gives a damn about anyones mental state when it comes to it, you are seen as a pain in the arse, mental health is a hashtag on social media like be kind.
That woman is just trying to make herself look good by talking about ministers for mental.health, if she was in my company for 5 minutes when I'm having a bad time she'd run for the hills!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She said we need a Minister for mental health not just for men how is that vile ?
Her and the other female panelist, Francis O'Grady where totally dismissive of Geoff Norcott's point that some things do adversely effect men, like male suicide and that it is never addressed properly. He also said men were more likely to die of Covid and immediately, Ava started off about how women were still doing more laundry, cleaning etc etc through covid which was totally irrelevant.

Geoff Norcott did very well not to get riled.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t a 1”5 year girl was stabbed because she rejected a man
Which isn't what we're discussing. That is a horrendous, dreadful thing to have happened.

The thing with Laurence Fox is that he can make some really valid points but because he is a total dick the way he goes about putting them across he loses the argument.

Reactions: 5
I'm female but I do feel that men's mental health doesn't have the recognition in needs in government in view of the high incidence of male suicide.
If anyone is interested there are over 5000 suicides per year in England and male suicides out number female suicides 3 to 1.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If anyone is interested there are over 5000 suicides per year in England and male suicides out number female suicides 3 to 1.
I know and there's no real "solution" because it's such a devastatingly complex subject. "Mental health" is such a loose term which covers everything thanks to the constant pathologising of anything remotely stressful in life. Those in most need will get sidelined..that's if they even come forward for "help".

Most people who take part in these debates on "mental health" haven't got a clue how bad it can get and it's worse for men. Even the majority of so-called professionals don't get it.

Reactions: 3
I know and there's no real "solution" because it's such a devastatingly complex subject. "Mental health" is such a loose term which covers everything thanks to the constant pathologising of anything remotely stressful in life. Those in most need will get sidelined..that's if they even come forward for "help".

Most people who take part in these debates on "mental health" haven't got a clue how bad it can get and it's worse for men. Even the majority of so-called professionals don't get it.
You're so right! The words mental health actually make me cringe, it's used even if you're abit fed up.
It's being abused, as you say those in need of real help are forgotten.

It's sad that the very serious subject matter being discussed will now be forgotten too. Wouldn't surprise me if this were all pre-planned to be "controversial". It's certainly worked.

Reactions: 1
The BBC emailed an MP and said it Newsnight should have done a better job when covering the Fox thing ... ie: Had a more balanced panel. Bit bleeping late now. As usual. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
The main reason I won't watch GB News is because of the balance on there. Subjects are raised and then most presenters/guests just agree with each other and they're almost always on the right wing/conservative side.

The worst example has been widely reported - where two sitting Tory MPs interviewed Jeremy Hunt. You couldn't get more biased, it's a massive joke.

Reactions: 2

Now it's all about her and milking the "distress" caused to her by Fox's comments. She loves the attention and will dine out on it for weeks.
100% this, I totally agree. She has said in previous interviews that men are a virus. She is milking this for all its worth. Check out her and Douglas Murray's interview on Talk tv. He had the measure of her then
---
The main reason I won't watch GB News is because of the balance on there. Subjects are raised and then most presenters/guests just agree with each other and they're almost always on the right wing/conservative side.

The worst example has been widely reported - where two sitting Tory MPs interviewed Jeremy Hunt. You couldn't get more biased, it's a massive joke.
I disagree. They always have balance or at least one differing view. On the panel there are always 2 to 1. Infact some of the lefties are so annoying but that's just my opinion.
Whereas on Newsnight there were 4 people with the same view which was to shut down gb news

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
100% this, I totally agree. She has said in previous interviews that men are a virus. She is milking this for all its worth. Check out her and Douglas Murray's interview on Talk tv. He had the measure of her then
---

I disagree. They always have balance or at least one differing view. On the panel there are always 2 to 1. Infact some of the lefties are so annoying but that's just my opinion.
Whereas on Newsnight there were 4 people with the same view which was to shut down gb news
Douglas Murray is fantastic, he has the measure of pretty much everybody and he does it in a humorous, cutting way at times.

Yes, but it is important to watch things you don't agree with so that you can form balanced arguments for and against. I can't stand James O'Brien on LBC but I will listen to him once in a while otherwise I don't feel as though I can form an opinion about him and the positions his takes on certain subjects. Same with GB News, although I do tend to tune in for a bit just for the entertainment value. 🤪 I must say though, I much prefer Camila Tominey on Sunday mornning to Laura K on BBC and I'm not planning on going to a Jim Davidson show anytime soon.
---
Skip to the middle to hear Douglas Murray take her to task
God, that whole thing was headache inducing.

Last edited:

That shows you've never watched. Ofcom found it broke balance rules for 1 10 min slot. But that means the other 99.99% didn't. They always have someone from the other side to balance it out. They never all agree and there's always someone to say an alternative viewpoint, apart from that 0.01% of the time where they messed up.

• Haha
GB News is obviously a serious rival as otherwise the "main" channels wouldn't want it to be shut down. I think it's alive and kicking despite all its perceived flaws..People like controversies. They serve as a distraction from daily worries and issues.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.