GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand Eva Evans.
I’m not really a fan of hers either, but that’s not really relevant to this. What if Fox made that comment about someone you do like? What would you say then? What he said was unacceptable, regardless of our own opinions of Ms Evans.

Reactions: 5
And now fox is calling GB news the establishment 😆

• Haha
I’m not really a fan of hers either, but that’s not really relevant to this. What if Fox made that comment about someone you do like? What would you say then? What he said was unacceptable, regardless of our own opinions of Ms Evans.
i would, of course condemn their misogyny . Not liking Ms. Evans doesn't automatically make me like her detractors.

Not mutually exclusive, can dislike Evans' viewpoints and still deplore Fox's behaviour towards her.

Reactions: 3
At least he has a name that would be easy for him to launch his own 'troof' network: Fox Knews. 🤪
Or even Brand Knew....Fox Knews..if he wanted a partner in crime? So many Troof Tellers abounding now. We're all spoiled for choice.

Surely there's a space now in the digital world for some Celebrity Self-Admitting Liars. -The SAL Movement. What a breath of fresh air, ULEZ-permitting?

Reactions: 1
I heard about the Fox thing on BBC World Service and have got to say the reporter was incredibly condescending, sneering about GB News and its presenters/viewers. It was the kind of attitude that really turns people off the Beeb, know what I mean? Anway ... I just wanted to get that off me chest.

Reactions: 2
I heard about the Fox thing on BBC World Service and have got to say the reporter was incredibly condescending, sneering about GB News and its presenters/viewers. It was the kind of attitude that really turns people off the Beeb, know what I mean? Anway ... I just wanted to get that off me chest.
Yeah but… were they wrong? It’s a channel watched largely by right wing knuckledraggers who want their often backwards views reinforced. The production quality is atrocious. It’s basically a cheap copy of Fox News over in the states.

• Heart
Yeah but… were they wrong? It’s a channel watched largely by right wing knuckledraggers who want their often backwards views reinforced. The production quality is atrocious. It’s basically a cheap copy of Fox News over in the states.

Backwards views ? I vote Labour and watch GB news but i suppose that doesn't fit your type of hatred. I like that it has different opinions from all sides .
BBC hasn't really got the best ilk of presenters or Sky.

Reactions: 7
Thing is I can't take people seriously who want GB News removed, we've reached a point in history where I think the majority do not trust the media anymore. The BBC is the worst, a protector of ponces past and present. Even channel 4 being all pious about Russell's Brand, they knew what sort of man he was and encouraged it!

Backwards views ? I vote Labour and watch GB news but i suppose that doesn't fit your type of hatred. I like that it has different opinions from all sides .
BBC hasn't really got the best ilk of presenters or Sky.
What hatred?! Anyway I said 'largely'. You're obviously an exception. Some of GB News is okay (the breakfast shows) but IMO most of it is diabolical. I agree that neither BBC nor Sky are particularly great these days. Al Jazeera is generally my news channel of choice.

Thing is I can't take people seriously who want GB News removed, we've reached a point in history where I think the majority do not trust the media anymore. The BBC is the worst, a protector of ponces past and present. Even channel 4 being all pious about Russell's Brand, they knew what sort of man he was and encouraged it!
What's that got to do with anything? There are creeps and perverts in ALL lines of work, at ALL companies. It's sad but that's life.

What hatred?! Anyway I said 'largely'. You're obviously an exception. Some of GB News is okay (the breakfast shows) but IMO most of it is diabolical. I agree that neither BBC nor Sky are particularly great these days. Al Jazeera is generally my news channel of choice.

What's that got to do with anything? There are creeps and perverts in ALL lines of work, at ALL companies. It's sad but that's life.
My point is remove one remove them all, they are all hypocrites.

True enough... but at least BBC, Channel 4, et al actually report NEWS! GB just has a bunch of no-marks and has-beens sat round a table all day spouting nonsense.
True enough... but at least BBC, Channel 4, et al actually report NEWS! GB just has a bunch of no-marks and has-beens sat round a table all day spouting nonsense.
To be honest I keep away from the news as much as possible these days, I'm quite old so I see a difference from media of old to what I see now, which is alot of gotchas, ego presenters and shoddy journalism but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: 4
Can't say I disagree with you there! Try Al-Jazeera, that's a proper news channel that actually reports stories from around the world. It's not perfect but IMO it's a damn sight better than most news channels/programmes.

• Heart
I think the BBC reporter was wrong to have a dismissive condescending attitute toward GB News insofar as he is working for a 'uniquely funded' organisation and is in a unique position compared to his commercial rivals in that he has less pressure to produce ratings and results. I think he should have just presented the news about Fox being suspended impartially. Not everyone who works at GB News holds the same views as Fox, they are just trying to pay off their mortage and survive in the commercial media sector.

The production quality part doesn't bother me personally, I'm more interested in whats being said than what I'm looking at frankly. I think you'd agree that one of the big problems we face today is 'image over content' and although you'd probably argue GB News has neither, that's fine because you're entitled to not watch. TalkTV is slicker, but TalkTV is bankrolled by the Murdoch empire and their production budget no doubt dwarfs GB News ... ironically though their viewing figures do the opposite. Which brings me onto another point (if you can stand it).

I watched Mark Dolan's opening monologue last night and have to say I agreed with most of it, especially the part about Adam Boulton calling for GB News to be axed when he appeared on Newsnight. Boulton regularly appears on Murdoch-owned TalkTV, a direct rival. Murdoch has been trying to purchase GB News for over a year now. It's a shame Newsnight didn't bring that up. Also, there are stong rumours that Newsnight itself might be axed by the BBC chief as he views it as 'not value for money', it currently draws between 200-300 thousand viewers and costs 8 million to produce.

Fox News is successful (although slowly losing viewers currently), so I don't see why any channel wouldn't want to copy that format, the primary name of the game in the commercial sector is to make money. Anyway, if any channel was a British version of Fox News it would be TalkTV seeing it is owned by the same company. As for the 'right-wing knuckle-draggers' comment, I think you're just being a bit playful there, which is fine. A lot of people are turned-off by the BBC and are looking for alternative sources of information ...it's up to the other channels to produce content that cater for that demographic*.

*That would mean doing a deep-dive into social-political, economic, and education factors and this probably isn't the place for that and I frankly haven't got the time! (or have done enough solid research!).

duck, I need a cup of tea after that. I can't believe the first thing I did today was defend GB News! :ROFLMAO: 🤪

Reactions: 6
Why not carry on in that vein and ring Jobby at 10 to express your views re GB News? :D

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.