GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If i listen to news i generally listen to global news. I find there's so much stuff going on outside of the UK, but we are in a bubble of what is going on in this country solely. I try follow India news, US News, Middle East news, Africa news. It's good to get away from the same old UK news and find out what's going on globally. BBC World News is good. I also agree that Al Jazeera is good too.

Reactions: 5
Calvin Robinson has been suspended as well (No reason given as of yet)

I think GB News are trying to clean house and slowly getting rid of the shock jocks. It's not going to end well for them if the do this. Robinson, Fox etc will go elsewhere (or start a new online stream)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Martin D something seems like the next that would be chopped.

There is such a wide gap between the credible people on that channel and some of the loons, that usually come out at night. Since they got rid of that mark S something I think they've been wanting to get rid of some of those types.

Reactions: 2
Martin D something seems like the next that would be chopped.

There is such a wide gap between the credible people on that channel and some of the loons, that usually come out at night. Since they got rid of that mark S something I think they've been wanting to get rid of some of those types.
unfortunately it's probably the loons that bring in a lot of the viewership and wherever those loons go, their followers will follow.

Reactions: 3
is that why you love GB News so much?
What makes you think I love GB News? Oh it doesn't matter, I think you're on a bit of a wind-up. :ROFLMAO:
---
Since they got rid of that mark S something I think they've been wanting to get rid of some of those types.
Yes, they have. At least, that is what was reported in Private Eye earlier in the year.

Can't wait to see why The Good 'Reverend' has been de-frocked ... o_O Although he was appearing as a 'contributor' on some Canadian conspiracy-based media outlet spouting vaguely anti-semitic stuff I think a while back.

Reactions: 1
The weekday breakfast show is maybe the only credible thing on the channel, the weekend mid-morning editions are ok, newspaper reviews etc.
Liam Halligan & De Piero were good, the rest is utter nonsense.

The weekday breakfast show is maybe the only credible thing on the channel, the weekend mid-morning editions are ok, newspaper reviews etc.
Liam Halligan & De Piero were good, the rest is utter nonsense.
I think Headliners at 11pm is decent. Shame about almost the entirety of the evening before that.

I wonder if Neil Oliver will cling-on? I fear if he gets the old heave-ho he might spiral out of control and descend fully into the rabbit hole. Admittedly it would be amusing, but sometimes I worry about the wee fella. The last time I saw him he was sporting a massive earing and looked like a pirate. 🤪

Not mutually exclusive, can dislike Evans' viewpoints and still deplore Fox's behaviour towards her.
This is me. I'm just annoyed it was Fox that highlighted what she said because now it's all poor Ava. (she did not deserve what he said about her), I don't condone that in the slightest) I just wish someone sensible had discussed her instead.

I don't even watch GB News but I've been drawn to this thread because their presenters make more news than the actual news. If Fox is going down, he's taking everyone with him :LOL:

This is me. I'm just annoyed it was Fox that highlighted what she said because now it's all poor Ava. (she did not deserve what he said about her), I don't condone that in the slightest) I just wish someone sensible had discussed her instead.
I feel for the 'normal' people behind the scenes really. That's why I find it so dispicable that other people in the meeja would call for the channel to be shutdown. I just wrote in another thread about TalkTV having 0.12 percent of viewship as this point despite Murdoch's billions and how desperate they are to see GB News gone, that's partly why I hope GB News and their staff hang-on because anything that irritates Murdoch and Piers Moron makes me happy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. Not saying that the 'old days' were better, but it used to be the case that 'dog doesn't eat dog', meaning news outlets didn't attack other news outlets. But in the desperate quest for viewers that old adage seems to have disppeared.

Surely GB News will be raking in the viewers thanks to the latest controversy? The channel makes its own news which must be good for business? Does anyone take it seriously?

I don't think anyone should take any media outlet seriously and a source of "the truth".

I have no idea who the woman is that Fox was talking about, but saw her interviewed saying how distraught she was over it and she couldn't suppress her smile. She does seem to like the attention and media rounds she's got from it.

I have no idea who the woman is that Fox was talking about, but saw her interviewed saying how distraught she was over it and she couldn't suppress her smile. She does seem to like the attention and media rounds she's got from it.
Anyone who pops-up on television under the title, "Social/Political Commentator", is highly likely to be someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. A more honest title for them would be: "Someone who likes to talk, mostly about themselves". These panel shows are a bleeping blight, they offer absolutely nothing other than sowing seeds of division. GB News isn't even the worst for this imo ... that bleeping Vine show on Channel 5 is the absolute pits.

In my opinion regardless of what Fox said which was wrong, she was vile about men and mental health, I've also seen her interviewed about the trans issue and she thinks men can be women, so whoever said narcissist, attention seeker was spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In my opinion regardless of what Fox said which was wrong, she was vile about men and mental health, I've also seen her interviewed about the trans issue and she thinks men can be women, so whoever said narcissist, attention seeker was spot on.
She said we need a Minister for mental health not just for men how is that vile ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.