GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Nana Akua, she seems no nonsense and I like her straight-forward delivery.
I think GB News has a place because it allows news topics to be covered in a way that isn’t so held back and prescribed like BBC News, ITV news etc.

Laurence Fox does seem to need more training on how to read the autocue and he fluffs up his speaking a lot.

I haven’t watched any of the breakfast lot yet.

I mostly listen via Youtube when i’m ironing etc.

Reactions: 3
I think GB News has a place because it allows news topics to be covered in a way that isn’t so held back and prescribed like BBC News, ITV news etc.
One of the many issues I have with GB News is the title. It's a bit misleading ... GB Views would be more accurate. Don't get me wrong, GB News isn't the only 'news' outlet that tends to present opinion as fact.

Reactions: 2
Presenting/Reporting
Yeah she's ok. I tell you who I really think is a very good presenter, Rosie Wright. She's been on TalkTV this week covering for Vanessa, but she was on GB News at the start. I'm guessing she's freelance and chopping and changing kind of suits her (I'm totally guessing). She's also been on various other European News channels. She's REALLY good imo and could work on the bigger channels no probs.

I was having a look at live views on YouTube of Farage's show and Jeremy Kyle's show. Kyle has around 740 views, while Farage has 1.7k views.

Yel

I'm not sure at this point if these are on purpose as they happen so often😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm not sure at this point if these are on purpose as they happen so often😆
What did he say? How the duck do I get home? Eamon does have great deadpan delivery.

Honestly, over the past few weeks this channel has been comedy gold.

I have really started to enjoy GB News. I am not even ashamed to say it. Much more lighthearted and humourous than other news channels. I really like how casual it is.

I know i can put it on the background and I'll be laughing or smiling at multiple points, whereas i couldn't do the same for BBC, Sky News, Al Jazeera etc as they are formal and serious with the news. Only so much of the serious channels i can take tbh.

Reactions: 6

Yel

Agree, it's the channel my tv is always turned into when I turn it on these days. News is doing a bit of lifting, but it's got a fair bit of unintentional charm. Other channels I last minutes with these days.

The coronation was golden and at night I want some "news" entertainment where Holly W will be called a little witch and Phillip S a devious little tit. :LOL:

If you can read between the lines of spin it's not a bad news channel because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's kind of like a corner shop compared to a supermarket ... it's a bit tit, but it's just around the corner. 😬

• Haha

Yel

I think of GB news like one of those restaurants where you go there for the entertainment from the owner, not the quality food.

• Haha
I watched GB news with Dan Wootan for the first time when that Eamon Holmes interview aired. Since then I’ve got suggestions on my YouTube for GB News. I’ve watched a few snippets and for me it really reminds me of those sort of commentators you have in America - Candace Owens, Brett Cooper, Amala Ekpunobi, etc. it feels wrong when they aren’t as reserved as traditional newsreaders are - I think it’s because I’m the UK we are so used to BBC and ITV.
I’m not sure if it’s the right channel for me, I’m not a fan of Dan Wooton (he also looks like my university fwb, it’s uncanny. He was also called Dan). I also can’t stomach Lawrence Fox or JRM. I used to really like Alistair Stewart before he was sacked from ITV but he’s retired and Simon McCoy when he was on the BBC but he’s disappeared.

For me, it's too awkward to watch given how unprofessional and unpolished it all is. Dewbs is bloody awful. I have no idea how she keeps her job.

Also, they don't seem to get on anyone who disagrees, so discussions tend to be just everyone agreeing with each other.

Admittedly I haven't watched much of it, so my view is based on the little amount I've been able to stomach. 🤣

For me, it's too awkward to watch given how unprofessional and unpolished it all is. Dewbs is bloody awful. I have no idea how she keeps her job.
What is it about her you don't like? I'm interested. She does have a slightly strange, almost detached delivery I admit.

What is it about her you don't like? I'm interested. She does have a slightly strange, almost detached delivery I admit.

Also, they don't seem to get on anyone who disagrees, so discussions tend to be just everyone agreeing with each other.

Admittedly I haven't watched much of it, so my view is based on the little amount I've been able to stomach. 🤣
I’m not a fan of Dewbs. She unintelligent and lacks vocabulary. She is almost pantomime. She repeats herself over and over! “I’ve got to say!” “ Time flies”. “ Robust”. Did you know she has a little baby. Tells us nearly every day 🤪. And you can tell when her guests are talking about stuff she doesn’t understand she looks vacant.

I miss Liam and Gloria together. They had great banter. It’s such a shame that the presenters they had in the early days have now left. Also I wish now that the station would move on from the three topics “covid vaccines’ small boats and Meghan markle?!

I’m not a fan of Dewbs. She unintelligent and lacks vocabulary. She is almost pantomime. She repeats herself over and over! “I’ve got to say!” “ Time flies”. “ Robust”. Did you know she has a little baby. Tells us nearly every day 🤪. And you can tell when her guests are talking about stuff she doesn’t understand she looks vacant.
What do you think of the father of her baby? Simon Jordan? Words fail me with that one. :rolleyes: Let's just say, they are a pair well matched. It was rumoured he was going to get his own weekend show about sport ... hasn't materialized so far.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.