GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gone off Isobel, she comes across as a personal crusader now
What crusade is she on? She just struck me as someone who wanted to be on TV, didn't really strike me as having any particular convictions other than being invited to the right kind of weekend cocktail parties.

What crusade is she on? She just struck me as someone who wanted to be on TV, didn't really strike me as having any particular convictions other than being invited to the right kind of weekend cocktail parties.
Last year she get going on about not being able to get the TB jab? Last week she was raging about the ambulance service who said that a child who had passed out at her children’s school but had regained consciousness had to make their own way to A&E. with their parents of course. Righty so. The rage she made about the Gardner who mowed the grass in front of their coronation pod! Has put ,e right off her

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Last year she get going on about not being able to get the TB jab? Last week she was raging about the ambulance service who said that a child who had passed out at her children’s school but had regained consciousness had to make their own way to A&E. with their parents of course. Righty so. The rage she made about the Gardner who mowed the grass in front of their coronation pod! Has put ,e right off her
Sounds like she's projecting ... she's obviously angry about something. If I say it could be 'menopause' related are the ladies here going to jump down my throat? (I'll get my tin helmet and prepare for potential flak, no offence meant just a thought). :censored: Of course, it could be the sexual tension with Eamon ... maybe she's desperate for his button mushroom.

• Haha
I'm a GB News fan. Don't get the obsession from Twitter who think its a "Nazi" Channel. It's something different and is part of the British Culture now. At the end of the day you can simply watch something else.

Reactions: 6
I'm a GB News fan. Don't get the obsession from Twitter who think its a "Nazi" Channel. It's something different and is part of the British Culture now. At the end of the day you can simply watch something else.
No it's not a crazy right wing channel. Funny how some were referring to it as so when it started, but have been happy to appear on the channel.

It has right of centre or centre leaning presenters for the most part, but it's not far right or whatever it was accused of before being set up.

Reactions: 4
No it's not a crazy right wing channel. Funny how some were referring to it as so when it started, but have been happy to appear on the channel.

It has right of centre or centre leaning presenters for the most part, but it's not far right or whatever it was accused of before being set up.
Exactly. Of course there have been controversial moments but it happens on every channel

It has plenty of people who are more or less leftists as Presenters. Stephen Dixon, Elle Costello, Gioria De Piero & Andrew Doyle who are centre-left.

Don't get the obsession from Twitter who think its a "Nazi" Channel.
It's because Nigel Farage and Rees-Mogg are presenters on that channel I suspect. I tune in from time to time partly because it's good to keep track of what they are up to and also I want to make sure I know when should start creating a bunker-complex in my back garden to fend off all the migrant hoardes about to engulf us. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Peter Andre is presenting Breakfast with Elle Costello tomorrow and Thursday
Imagine studying journalism for 3 years, leaving, getting a job as a reputable journalist and then having to present a news show with Peter Andre, an ex-one hit wonder singer lol. Sometimes GB News do make some odd decisions in who they get on. What happened to Alistair Stewart? Did he give up? lol

Edit: Just seen that Alistair Stewart has indeed retired from being a newsreader. I don't blame him, I think he travels up to London from Hampshire so it takes it's toll at his age.

The frustrating thing about GB News is it has potential to be even better than it already is. It does quite a bit right, but then also a fair bit wrong too. They could change this with a switch up of presenters and guests. Z list guests with little knowledge on current events like politics can let it down.

Bringing on the likes of that pub owner bloke from Essex (how the duck did he become a regular?) to sit there debating about politics and other serious issues. Not saying his (and some others) opinions are that less important, but it feels like cost cutting rather than bringing on knowledgeable guests who are good debaters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Imagine studying journalism for 3 years, leaving, getting a job as a reputable journalist and then having to present a news show with Peter Andre, an ex-one hit wonder singer lol. Sometimes GB News do make some odd decisions in who they get on. What happened to Alistair Stewart? Did he give up? lol
It doesn’t make sense at all! They had the best ratings last night and then they go and pull a stunt like this. I seriously hope something of gravitas doesn’t happen tonight. Like Biden dying. Ukraine being heavily bombed or the king having a heart attack. Andre just hasn’t got the skill set to pull it off.

It’s quite telling that the likes of Alistair Stewart. Simon McCoy and Colin brazier soon gave up.

It doesn’t make sense at all! They had the best ratings last night and then they go and pull a stunt like this. I seriously hope something of gravitas doesn’t happen tonight. Like Biden dying. Ukraine being heavily bombed or the king having a heart attack. Andre just hasn’t got the skill set to pull it off.

It’s quite telling that the likes of Alistair Stewart. Simon McCoy and Colin brazier soon gave up.
To be fair Talk TV is only slightly better in some departments. How Jeremy Kyle still gets work is beyond me for all that grimness that surrounded Jeremy Kyle show. He never came across as a pleasant person. They have guests like Nicola Thorpe who is an actress who happened to stumble into being a regular guest. Then James Whale is still stinking up the place with Ash and whatever he does. At least Lizzy Cundy is kept to Talk TV late night, rather than GB News where they seem to have her on to discuss serious topics which I'm not sure how she managed to blag. But going by the news of Peter Andre presenting tomorrow, I'm not surprised whatsoever lol.

Peter Andre :LOL: hillarious. And I thought Kwasi Kwarteng was a funny booking. At least it's not pretending to be anything it's not.

I'd still love to see their financials. They've beaten bbc news and sky news a few times recently, but hardly anyone watches news channels so it's not that impressive.

Stewart is still there I thought? Brazier was sacked rather than quit, not sure about McCoy but it's not that surprising that someone with a long time at the BBC only lasted months elsewhere.

I'd still love to see their financials. They've beaten bbc news and sky news a few times recently, but hardly anyone watches news channels so it's not that impressive.
Private Eye usually mention GB News / TalkTV viewing figures and financial status in each issue.

Yel

Their YouTube channel is often getting a constant 10%+ growth a month wonder if the normal views match this? On the graph the growth doesn't look much as it's totally exploded since Phillip Scofield stuff
Screenshot_20230601_071015_Chrome.jpg

---
Private Eye usually mention GB News / TalkTV viewing figures and financial status in each issue.
They just have the public figures and accounts, nothing that interesting. Guildo reports on the same. The internal stuff is what I'd like to see!

They just have the public figures and accounts, nothing that interesting. Guildo reports on the same. The internal stuff is what I'd like to see!
Mogg getting paid 800quid an hour was interesting to me. 😲

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.