Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they had been out the bubble to long and should of re watched the show.
I’m nervous about the apparent friends reunion I think that might just kill me off if it’s bad 😂
I definitely think they should have watched the shows back! In interviews they said it was natural and they just fell back into their characters but some of the scenes did feel forced. Mind you, it couldn't have been too bad because I will watch it again.

Reactions: 2
Hated the scene where they had the spliff, felt really forced and generally unfunny I don’t really think it ‘fitted’ in the whole G&S humour.

When I watched it the first time I was underwhelmed, I felt like the natural spark and flow between the cast had gone. When I watched it again I enjoyed it more but I still am kind of underwhelmed tbh!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm in the States and had to get a free trial of Brit Box streaming to watch it. 😆 I loved how everyone still felt so real. It felt like the characters have been having Christmas together for the last 10 years. I want to watch it again.

Reactions: 4
Sorry but if you're obese you are putting yourself at higher risk of things like cancer and diabetes. That is an undeniable truth. This was in the paper today https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-middle-aged-people-risk-killer-diseases.html

Totally irrelevant that fit people like bodybuilders maybe obese on bmi, they aren't storing huge amount of fat like 99.8% of obese people.

It's like smoking, yes you can smoke 40 a day and doctors say your cholesterol and heart health is fine but that doesn't stop you from being at a much higher risk of illness. It's dangerous to think you can be obese and healthy. Water and oil.

I'm glad James and Ruth have lost the weight and woore fat suits, having known people that died in their 40s and 50s probably from obesity related illnesses I feel no need to pussyfoot around the truth that being obese is not healthy and will limit your life. I'm not trying to be a witch, I'm overweight myself.
The daily mail isn’t exactly a reliable source.

Of course obese people can reduce their risk by moving more as it helps loose weight!

I didn't say diet, but sensible eating healthy will also help loose weight.
Love - you don’t know the difference between “lose” and “loose” - that lost you a bit of cred on your diet preaching (not that you had much anyway!)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Another who was on the fence about it, especially as the chemistry seemed so off. But it was lovely seeing the new kids and Neil the baby. Perhaps we could have had more of them than a repeated argument from Dawn and Pete?

Ah reading this thread is making me wish I did a re-watch before the Christmas specia

I didn't realise they actually went through with the us remake :eek:

• Sick
Reactions: 1
The entire episode was a highlight reel and the ending lazy writing, entirely aimed at the BBC giving them another season.

Ruth Jones is known to be a rude, egotistical hole locally. I hope it doesn’t get renewed. Her ego doesn’t match her contribution to the world.

• Wow
The entire episode was a highlight reel and the ending lazy writing, entirely aimed at the BBC giving them another season.

Ruth Jones is known to be a rude, egotistical hole locally. I hope it doesn’t get renewed. Her ego doesn’t match her contribution to the world.
I assumed Ruth Jones was successful with other projects and not wanting another series then she did those awful Tesco Christmas adverts.

What has she done to locals? Comedy characters with catch phrases must get pretty pissed off constantly having them shouted in the street.

I assumed Ruth Jones was successful with other projects and not wanting another series then she did those awful Tesco Christmas adverts.

What has she done to locals? Comedy characters with catch phrases must get pretty pissed off constantly having them shouted in the street.
She’s extremely rude, I know people who have worked as extras on her shows and they’re not allowed to make eye contact with her let alone speak to her.

• Wow
I watched it twice and I much preferred it the second time, not as good as the originals some of it was a bit contrived but was good. I found Nessa vulnerable at the end as well which I really didn't expect.

Forgive me if I've missed this but...Gavin & Stacey's 3 children are called Harry, Meghan and.....?

Reactions: 1