Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really surprised about Ruth always thought she came across lovely in interviews..

must say I wasn’t overly impressed tbh. It was really lacking something, it didn’t feel like the old times. Rob Brydon was the only one giving it true classic Gavin and Stacey, the rest felt a bit flat. The whole thing felt rushed like it was just written for that ending which I didn’t really like anyway. Smithy and Nessa work better as this weird fwb thing I don’t think they’d ever work as married couple.

wouldn’t be bothered if they did a new series or not.

Reactions: 3
Okay so i loved the Christmas special but I'm confused about the age of Neil the baby? Gavin and Stacey have been married for 10 years but Smithy and Nessa talk about how Neil the baby is going to be 12 soon 🤷‍♀️ If i remember correctly Stacey finds out Nessa is pregnant on her wedding day so surely that would make Neil younger than 10 years? Correct me if i'm wrong (pregnancy brain) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
So before the special was aired I saw various articles in which James Cordon had been interviewed and said that they had given up and then they got together again and he wrote the best scene he has ever written and that it made the episode... Still trying to work out which scene he was talking about...

For those trying to watch it abroad, I spent Xmas abroad and watched it on boxing day on iplayer just used a VPN and chose London as the VPN destination.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So before the special was aired I saw various articles in which James Cordon had been interviewed and said that they had given up and then they got together again and he wrote the best scene he has ever written and that it made the episode... Still trying to work out which scene he was talking about...
Oh yes I read this but had forgotten about it! I wonder which scene he considers the best he’s ever written 😂 would love to know

Reactions: 1
I love Ruth Jones ,I’m a massive fan of anything she ever written or started in and refuse to believe she’s anything but lovely in real life 🤣 :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I read that it was a scene with just Gavin and Stacey in it, so I assumed it was the one on the sea front where they were reminiscing about their relationship. I found that scene quite heartfelt and lovely actually, but I have got new baby hormones, so may just be me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I think I read that it was a scene with just Gavin and Stacey in it, so I assumed it was the one on the sea front where they were reminiscing about their relationship. I found that scene quite heartfelt and lovely actually, but I have got new baby hormones, so may just be me 🤷‍♀️
No baby hormones here and have a heart of stone 😂 I I thought that scene was so good, It’s so true too x

Reactions: 6
I loved this scene

Reactions: 1
Oh I loveit. The first ten minutes or so felt weird but then got straight back into it. Watched it the next day too and loved it even more. You can see that Ness loves Smithy through the episode when you know the ending.

I really think they have made/planned a forth series but they want the public begging so they can demand top dollar from the BBC to film another series.

I still love ‘oh my Christ Pam’ she makes it for me!
This! The first ten mins was a bit of going over old ground, scene setting etc but once it warmed up I loved it. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now, and like the series, you hear something different each time!

I had never seen Gavin and Stacey until the summer last year, after they announced the christmas special!

Reactions: 4