Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was a little slow to get going, but loved it in the end.
I need to know if Smithy accepts the proposal! I squealed at the cliffhanger, to the point that my husband told me to sush because I'd wake the kids up. 😂

Reactions: 1
It was fine, but I'd of been just as happy with a repeat.

Something reassuring about seeing old characters but even though it ended on a cliffhanger I'm not particularly fussed about another episode. The entertainment industry is full of reboots and remakes as they'd rather something mediocre than risk money on something that could flop. I can't think of any new good British comedy's in the last few years.
stath lets flats is brilliant however I think you have to like that kind of comedy to find it funny, I told my sister to watch it and she didn’t find it funny one bit 😩😂

Reactions: 6
I haven’t watched it yet. I’m saving it for Sunday when the kids will be out and I have peace. I’ve been so looking forward to it for so long I sort of don’t want it to be over!

My gut feeling though is that I’ll be disappointed. Thinking back to how crap the Only Fools and Horses comebacks were. I really hope I’m proven wrong though!

there are plenty of people who are ‘obese’ but their internal organs are working well, they have great blood pressure, heart health and low cholesterol. Look at rugby players or precessional weight lifters for example? I spoke at length with my dietician about it.
At least James looked healthy, which is more than can be said for some of the others! Rob Brydon looked fairly haggard.
Sorry but if you're obese you are putting yourself at higher risk of things like cancer and diabetes. That is an undeniable truth. This was in the paper today https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-middle-aged-people-risk-killer-diseases.html

Totally irrelevant that fit people like bodybuilders maybe obese on bmi, they aren't storing huge amount of fat like 99.8% of obese people.

It's like smoking, yes you can smoke 40 a day and doctors say your cholesterol and heart health is fine but that doesn't stop you from being at a much higher risk of illness. It's dangerous to think you can be obese and healthy. Water and oil.

I'm glad James and Ruth have lost the weight and woore fat suits, having known people that died in their 40s and 50s probably from obesity related illnesses I feel no need to pussyfoot around the truth that being obese is not healthy and will limit your life. I'm not trying to be a witch, I'm overweight myself.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Sorry but if you're obese you are putting yourself at higher risk of things like cancer and diabetes. That is an undeniable truth. This was in the paper today https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-middle-aged-people-risk-killer-diseases.html

Totally irrelevant that fit people like bodybuilders maybe obese on bmi, they aren't storing huge amount of fat like 99.8% of obese people.

It's like smoking, yes you can smoke 40 a day and doctors say your cholesterol and heart health is fine but that doesn't stop you from being at a much higher risk of illness. It's dangerous to think you can be obese and healthy. Water and oil.

I'm glad James and Ruth have lost the weight and woore fat suits, having known people that died in their 40s and 50s probably from obesity related illnesses I feel no need to pussyfoot around the truth that being obese is not healthy and will limit your life. I'm not trying to be a witch, I'm overweight myself.
It’s in the Daily Mail so it MUST be true 🙄. I’d be interested to see what diet they are pushing this week.

Actually most obese people can reduce their risks of developing any issues by increasing their activity levels. Diets don’t work long term and all the research shows that 95% of people regain the weight and nearly 50% will gain more on top. ...and within five years.

Stop dieting, start moving more....building muscle has great effects on blood glucose for example. I know obese people who run, swim, cycle etc....they replace fat with muscle. The results of studies show that they have better outcomes than people who diet. ...and they tend to maintain it too.

Reactions: 11
Every other thread has fat shaming on ☹. I honestly thought a thread about a TV show would be different. How wrong was I? Boring!

Reactions: 27
It’s in the Daily Mail so it MUST be true 🙄. I’d be interested to see what diet they are pushing this week.

Actually most obese people can reduce their risks of developing any issues by increasing their activity levels. Diets don’t work long term and all the research shows that 95% of people regain the weight and nearly 50% will gain more on top. ...and within five years.

Stop dieting, start moving more....building muscle has great effects on blood glucose for example. I know obese people who run, swim, cycle etc....they replace fat with muscle. The results of studies show that they have better outcomes than people who diet. ...and they tend to maintain it too.
Of course obese people can reduce their risk by moving more as it helps loose weight!

I didn't say diet, but sensible eating healthy will also help loose weight.

Every other thread has fat shaming on ☹. I honestly thought a thread about a TV show would be different. How wrong was I? Boring!
It's not fat shaming saying that obesity has health risks!! Where is the fat shaming? It's impossible to say scientific facts without someone like you trying to shut down the truth.

It's very dangerous people here downplaying that being obese is damaging to your health.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ll just post this here. As a person who has has weight issues since I was a child. I thought it was very well said. I’m sure he gets fat comments hundreds of times daily on twitter etc

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Of course obese people can reduce their risk by moving more as it helps loose weight!

I didn't say diet, but sensible eating healthy will also help loose weight.

It's not fat shaming saying that obesity has health risks!! Where is the fat shaming? It's impossible to say scientific facts without someone like you trying to shut down the truth.

It's very dangerous people here downplaying that being obese is damaging to your health.
Why bring people's health or size (which is none of anyone elses business) into a thread about a none health related TV show? People pretend they "care" about others health, but they don't, they just don't like fat people.

Reactions: 23
Why bring people's health or size (which is none of anyone elses business) into a thread about a none health related TV show? People pretend they "care" about others health, but they don't, they just don't like fat people.
Fat is a big part of the 2 real main characters in this show, they met and the whole show comes from fat friends also.

Why did you bring fat shaming into it because I said being obese has health risks? That is not fat shaming and it's part of the problem that you can't even mention a scientific fact without someone being outraged.

In a country with a national heath service that everyone funds that is buckling under the pressure of obesity related illnesses, it's hard to say it's no one business.

Bore off! We know all this. Zzzzzzzzz
Go to a different site. We don’t need you here.

Reactions: 13
I watched it last night, I'm still unsure of what I made of it! There were a few bits that I loved that felt like old G&S but I'm on the fence. Definitely think I need to watch it again. I'm a little underwhelmed but I knew I would be, plus I religiously watch the original Christmas special every Nov/Dec so imo that was always going to be hard to beat! I did feel parts were forced & I hate to say it some of Pam's 'oh my Christ!' also seemed a bit forced (which pains me to say because I LOVE Pam & oh my Christ!). Wish they'd used the children a bit more, would have been funny to see their parents mannerisms in the kids! I also couldn't see Smithy as Smithy anymore, to me he just came across as James Cordon American TV show host not the funny lovable Smithy that I'm used to
To be honest though, my criticisms are only niggly, I'm glad they done another special & I'm glad it done well in the ratings, I'm just a bit meh as I'd thought when they announced it that it might be a bit underwhelming but then I saw so many social media posts about how cracking it was that I'd built it up again in my head. Sort of hope there's a series 4, also sort of not bothered if there isn't.

Reactions: 11
James cordon was the biggest let down. His accent was shocking. I’m sorry but an Essex accents not that hard there’s a reality tv show on it he could of watched that if he needed help.

Reactions: 2
I really didn't like the Pete and Dawn scene, it seemed to me that they had been forgotten and then written in last minute!

Reactions: 10
James cordon was the biggest let down. His accent was shocking. I’m sorry but an Essex accents not that hard there’s a reality tv show on it he could of watched that if he needed help.
I agree. I loved it apart from his accent. Surely when wasn’t with Sonya it should have been proper Essex. He’s been in the states too long.

I really didn't like the Pete and Dawn scene, it seemed to me that they had been forgotten and then written in last minute!
The best bit about that scene was 'oh my Pete'. I think the argument was very them in a way but I have to agree it just seemed like they'd been squeezed in!

Reactions: 6
I think they had been out the bubble to long and should of re watched the show.
I’m nervous about the apparent friends reunion I think that might just kill me off if it’s bad 😂