Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judsmum

Chatty Member
I am so excited! Going off on a tangent but we had to have lots of IVF, five of which either failed or resulted in miscarriages and each and everytime we had ‘bad news’ me and my husband would go home, order something fatty and unhealthy and binge watch Gavin & Stacey in an attempt to cheer ourselves up. The words ‘barn dance’ to me are so bitter sweet because they made me laugh through my tears and as sycophantic as it might sound I could kiss James Cordon & Ruth Jones for just making a shit time that bit better! Anyway, that’s my ‘nice’ post out of the way for a year or so I’m off to slag the OD’s off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

memoii11

VIP Member
Every other thread has fat shaming on ☹. I honestly thought a thread about a TV show would be different. How wrong was I? Boring!

Reactions: 27

Juliet

Chatty Member
The one where Dawn and Pete renew their vows is on Dave right now, Pete practicing his speech 😂

‘lights will gu i i i ide you home, and igni i i i ite your bones’

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Curly

VIP Member
I actually loved it!
I don’t get the big fascination with the fact the characters have aged....it’s been ten years! Of course they have aged 😂😂
They had to fill in gaps as the fans wanted to know the story so far and with it being a special it was always going to be a squeeze to get those bits in but I thought they done it well. It had the humour of the 3 series and the jokes still as clever. I really hope it opens a door for a new series!!

Reactions: 23

String Man

VIP Member
- there wasn’t one reference to an omelette, I would of loved for baby Neal to of been a fussy eater and only eats omelettes, considering it pretty much all his mum eat whilst pregnant, I think it would of tied the stories together!
Gwen was serving up an omelette for Jason on Christmas morning, when Bryn comes rushing in to cook the turkey because he overslept. I appreciated the subtlety of that rather than a direct reference.

1577457953897.png

memoii11

VIP Member
Of course obese people can reduce their risk by moving more as it helps loose weight!

I didn't say diet, but sensible eating healthy will also help loose weight.

It's not fat shaming saying that obesity has health risks!! Where is the fat shaming? It's impossible to say scientific facts without someone like you trying to shut down the truth.

It's very dangerous people here downplaying that being obese is damaging to your health.
Why bring people's health or size (which is none of anyone elses business) into a thread about a none health related TV show? People pretend they "care" about others health, but they don't, they just don't like fat people.

CommonLoon

Reviving this to ask -- did anyone else immediately imagine Pam Shipman's reaction to Queen Camilla? I need someone to make a GIF or something about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

judsmum

Chatty Member
I think you’re a cracking bloke Dave, but let’s face it, you’re riddled! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

DrLoomis

When Bryn has the lads staying with him.
"Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, I smell the blood of several Englishmen"
"Joking I am, I'm not a giant."

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
[Bryn on Smithy] "He's a lovely looking boy. Not in the conventional sense, like Gavin or Enrique Iglesias, but he's got a lovely spirit. A confidence, if you will, that you rarely find in a fat man."

• Haha
  • Heart

elloelloello

VIP Member
Doris, will you join us, in a mint Baileys, for Christmas?

I won’t Bryn, I been drinking all day, I’m drunk now if the truth be told.

• Haha

xgoatx

I've always wanted a special where they all go and visit Jason and his partner (husband?) in Spain. I think that would be a lot of fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 17