Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So basically it's a bit like what happened on the trip that no-one speaks of. We'll never really know why we're laughing along.
Yeah I think it fits m with the style of the show that it’s a joke that never gets explained because there isn’t actually an explanation. Just a way to highlight a cultural difference and Welsh eccentricity.

And the fishing trip will never be revealed - because it would always be a let down. They are exploiting the power of the “not said” - always more effective. Like how lots of horror films are usually scariest before you actually see the ghost, when you just see their impact -a noise or shadow or whatever.

Reactions: 2
Doris, will you join us, in a mint Baileys, for Christmas?

I won’t Bryn, I been drinking all day, I’m drunk now if the truth be told.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe my favourite episode is the one in the Italian restaurant, when nessa reveals she is pregnant ,the threesome scenario going on full on laughs all the way,great writing and acting can watch it again and again

Reactions: 6
Maybe my favourite episode is the one in the Italian restaurant, when nessa reveals she is pregnant ,the threesome scenario going on full on laughs all the way,great writing and acting can watch it again and again
Yep that’s a great one. The fact so much of it (or all of it ?) is set in the restaurant shows how strong the writing is to still be so gripping, funny and memorable.

Reactions: 6
Yep that’s a great one. The fact so much of it (or all of it ?) is set in the restaurant shows how strong the writing is to still be so gripping, funny and memorable.
Dawn and Pete are HILARIOUS

“The black fella”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yeah I think it fits m with the style of the show that it’s a joke that never gets explained because there isn’t actually an explanation. Just a way to highlight a cultural difference and Welsh eccentricity.

And the fishing trip will never be revealed - because it would always be a let down. They are exploiting the power of the “not said” - always more effective. Like how lots of horror films are usually scariest before you actually see the ghost, when you just see their impact -a noise or shadow or whatever.
Great response, thanks, that makes sense. While I understood the fishing trip mystery I've always suspected that Owain Hughes might be an in joke in Wales and I was just being dim 🤣

Reactions: 4
The one where Dawn and Pete renew their vows is on Dave right now, Pete practicing his speech 😂

‘lights will gu i i i ide you home, and igni i i i ite your bones’
Hahaaaaa I actually properly lol’d at this.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how long the special will be? I'm hoping for an hour but my husband reckons it'll be half an hour
It's an hour long one on BBC so no adverts either!

Can anyone explain Owain Hughes?
It's a play on words

I owe Wayne Hughes

With the response

And before you ask, no I don't (owe Wayne Hughes)

Not really a Welsh thing but it obviously only works if your name is Owain!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’ve just seen the full trailer for the special it’s made my heart feel all fuzzy! Can’t wait to see it at Christmas.
Anyone else think Dawn is the image of Instagrams own beckyhomesweethome? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve just seen the full trailer for the special it’s made my heart feel all fuzzy! Can’t wait to see it at Christmas.
Anyone else think Dawn is the image of Instagrams own beckyhomesweethome? 🤣
Oh my god CREASED 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 definitely so alike

• Haha
Reactions: 1