Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keep returning to this thread whenever I remember a small thing I love about this show and thought of another:
The never seen character of Lucy and her endless after school activities....
The attention to detail is so brilliant,regular viewers are so well rewarded - “Lucy can’t make it she’s on her d of e” shouldn’t be funny but if you’ve seen the other episodes it somehow really is. (Partly because it reminds you how young she is)

Reactions: 7
Keep returning to this thread whenever I remember a small thing I love about this show and thought of another:
The attention to detail is so brilliant,regular viewers are so well rewarded - “Lucy can’t make it she’s on her d of e” shouldn’t be funny but if you’ve seen the other episodes it somehow really is. (Partly because it reminds you how young she is)
Or she's grounded apart from horse based events!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
In the Christmas special when Smithy gets to Gavs

Yes Gavlarrrrr Noël Noël😭

edited to add I’m from north London and I would never just order one thing from a takeaway myself, we ALWAYS get loads and share it all 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Yes Lucy!!
when smithie finds out Nessa is pregnant and they find him at the driving range where they take him back to Pam & Micks - they’re discussing Lucy and Stacey asks whether she’s still grounded!!

Or she's grounded apart from horse based events!
Just seen this after I posted my comment!!

Reactions: 2
Yes Lucy!!
when smithie finds out Nessa is pregnant and they find him at the driving range where they take him back to Pam & Micks - they’re discussing Lucy and Stacey asks whether she’s still grounded!!

Just seen this after I posted my comment!!
Someone says ‘that girl never stops’ and Smithy says ‘she’ll stop tonight when I tell I’m the father of someone else’s baby’ 😂 genius!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
“How many nurofen will I need to finish me off”
“You thousands”
“I can’t afford that if I going to Ibiza”
(I think that’s 99.% right lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think you’re a cracking bloke Dave, but let’s face it, you’re riddled! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
“How many nurofen will I need to finish me off”
“You thousands”
“I can’t afford that if I going to Ibiza”
(I think that’s 99.% right lol)
You? You'll need thousands

Can't afford that can I? Not if I'm gonna have a holiday this year

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of the best programmes ever made!
So many classic line.
My all time favourite scene is the party in Pam and MIcks and they are all dancing about the living room to madness, reminds me of our family parties.
Or the bit where Nessa is practicing her walk down the aisle 😂😂

• Haha
Yeah I love the party episode too. The way some civilised drinks escalate to everyone totally smashed and partying in the living room is so relatable. And sort of heartwarming, it’s nice when the two families get on.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I love the party episode too. The way some civilised drinks escalate to everyone totally smashed and partying in the living room is so relatable. And sort of heartwarming, it’s nice when the two families get on.
Smithy darling, lets do shotsssss

Reactions: 1
I love it when dawn falls over and when Pete is so smashed when they’re doing the conga 😂

Reactions: 4
I think with Gavin and Stacey away, it's so relatable to normal life, like the Royle Family are too. And when Peter Kay talks about doing the big shop and putting the big light on and dancing to the dance floor rather than walking

Honestly, this thread has made me so happy!

And one line that always makes me laugh for ages is where they are watching films for Nessas hen night and Stacey's brother says how Kevin Spacey liked her and she says I could have been Stacey Spacey 😂😂🤣