Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I read of this thread the more I wish it was Christmas Day! Not wishing my life away or anything 😂
I’m just so excited I could Pee!

Reactions: 6

About James Corden's and Matt Horne's falling out. So are they going to be in the show together? Are they friends again? Piers asked Matt Horne to take part in that show and he said no. James looks upset. (5:48)

Reactions: 2

About James Corden's and Matt Horne's falling out. So are they going to be in the show together? Are they friends again? Piers asked Matt Horne to take part in that show and he said no. James looks upset. (5:48)
I didn’t realise they had fallen out?! 😱

I am BEYOND excited for this. I’m so hoping that it’s as good as the rest but I’ve got a niggling feeling that they should of ended on a high. Saying that though, I’m just happy to see Pam and Mick back on my screen. I hope Dawn and Pete are still together 😂🤞🏽

This actually happened to my own dad recently. We all had a laugh about how similar the situation was 😂

I didn’t realise they had fallen out?! 😱
In James Cordens biography, he said they spent every single day together for three years including Christmas day etc then when Gavin and Stacey finished, they never spoke again.

Apparently Matthew is quite difficult. His take was that when he plays a character, for the whole time is he that character and will live as that character so when he finished as Gavin, he had no need to carry on living as h and that it was the end of the chapter of his life so he no longer had a need to be friends with James.

Quite sad really as it seems James valued the friendship more than Matthew did.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
In James Cordens biography, he said they spent every single day together for three years including Christmas day etc then when Gavin and Stacey finished, they never spoke again.

Apparently Matthew is quite difficult. His take was that when he plays a character, for the whole time is he that character and will live as that character so when he finished as Gavin, he had no need to carry on living as h and that it was the end of the chapter of his life so he no longer had a need to be friends with James.

oh my god I didn’t even realise, that’s awful! I though they where really good friends

Reactions: 1
I’m watching series 2 on Netflix. The dress Stacey is wearing when they are The airport, I had that lol

I’m with Pam and the big pen.....I forget how to spell hahaha

What's everyone's predictions for the new episode?
Will gavin and stacey still be together? Where will they be living?
I really hope it's as good as the rest of the episodes.
When I had my baby he was only a couple of weeks old at the start of December and Im not even ashamed to admit I used to watch the xmas special almost daily when he was constantly snoozing. It got me in the xmas mood

Reactions: 5

I mean we should bear in mind that this is very much from one perspective. Ask any two friends why they fell out and you will always get two different stories...

That said, looking back at that time, it sort of seemed like of the two of them, Matt Horne was the one destined for super stardom. He wasn’t the brains of the show but he was the face - and a pretty one at that. It would have been less easy to predict James corden going on to conquer America as he has. Matt Horne has basically faded into obscurity as well.

How hard it must be to maintain a friendship, and a working relationship in such an intensely competitive ego driven field? Remember they also had a sketch show “Horne and corden” (or something) that was a huge flop, absolutely crucified in the press? I can imagine them blaming each other for that, feeling held back, wanting to focus on a career alone etc and it worked for one ...

Them doing the Xmas special is a sign the relationship has repaired a bit. Though from corden’s perspective it’s easy to be gracious in success, returning having conquered Hollywood and all that ...and Horne probably needs the work...

Reactions: 8