Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, it was my understanding that a Xmas special was mentioned/rumoured earlier in the year by numerous sources and they denied it at the time.

Then later that year, they announced it officially (the post you've shared from JC)

So it could be the case that this scenario is happening again. ❤🤞

Reactions: 4
Ruth Jones giving a very vague 'who knows, never say never' answer now. It's 100% happening isn't it 😆

Interesting, on Radio Wales yesterday she gave the impression it's not happening. I did notice she's in a musical until 8th June - maybe it's happening after that? Also, in two interviews she has said she never wonders what the characters would be doing now, and in the other interview said her and James do speak about what the characters would be up to.

Reactions: 2
I hope they are doing another episode! They can’t just end it on that cliffhanger. I need to know what happens next.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope they are doing another episode! They can’t just end it on that cliffhanger. I need to know what happens next.
I love the show - but does anyone else feel that it should just be left now...?
They are in danger of ruining it and its legacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't really know what they would do as another episode that would be worth the effort.

The only thing people want to see is Smithy and Nessa together, but after a few years since the last episode what is the story? Their wedding? Married life? I'm not sure it makes sense.

Reactions: 5
Ruth Jones giving a very vague 'who knows, never say never' answer now. It's 100% happening isn't it 😆

I know neither were in same league as Gavin and Stacey but Ruth has written some other decent stuff like Stella and I'd love to see her first book as a TV drama. She should make a new show without Corden.

As much as it pains me, I totally agree. It's my favourite comfort show and although part of me would love an update, I think it does run the risk of ruining it.

Reactions: 6
I genuinely don't want more because of that. Even the Christmas special with older baby Neil was patchy, especially ridiculous Smithy and the new woman.

Reactions: 9
I genuinely don't want more because of that. Even the Christmas special with older baby Neil was patchy, especially ridiculous Smithy and the new woman.
She was just so unlikable. And she was just used to force the issue for Nessa proposing to Smithy.

There could've been a nice silly storyline about how it is hard for someone new, like a new partner, to join a family like this for Christmas given all their weird quirks and their own traditions etc. And it being about the new person learning about them, joining in, or the sheer bafflement of being gifted a tap.

Instead they just made a one dimensional throwaway character that nobody liked.

Someone on one of the FB fan pages did an international women’s day post before and put pictures of the female cast. They included Sonia!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As much as it pains me, I totally agree. It's my favourite comfort show and although part of me would love an update, I think it does run the risk of ruining it.
I love the Gilmore girls and rewatch that all the time but I refuse to rewatch the reboot Netflix special thing they do because it’s SO BAD and it ruined it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She was just so unlikable. And she was just used to force the issue for Nessa proposing to Smithy.

There could've been a nice silly storyline about how it is hard for someone new, like a new partner, to join a family like this for Christmas given all their weird quirks and their own traditions etc. And it being about the new person learning about them, joining in, or the sheer bafflement of being gifted a tap.

Instead they just made a one dimensional throwaway character that nobody liked.
I'll be brutally honest and just say it felt like crap writing or that they were working, badly, around James' new accent.

The show is so special and nostalgic to me. They are in danger of ruining it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t understand the obsession people have with wanting to bring back old shows, Gavin and Stacey is one of my faves but I couldn’t care less about new episodes, I’d happily watch repeats

Reactions: 4
I'll be brutally honest and just say it felt like crap writing or that they were working, badly, around James' new accent.
this.

The writing was so forced.

I've just finished watching Fat Friends, loved Alison, Ruth and James in that

Reactions: 3
I'd love to have a Christmas Special just for selfish reasons but I think if they do another Christmas special it should be the last. Like let us know what happened on the camping trip and do smithy and nessa get their happy ever after.
I adore Pam & Mick - probably my two fave characters in a show.

• Heart
Reactions: 10