Gavin and Stacey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still hoping it could be happening, mostly because the story came from Deadline, not a tabloid - it's a trusted industry source and doesn't usually publish unsubstantiated stuff.

I watched the Ruth Jones interview and I thought she was very careful about her wording - starting by dissing the whole 'bbc/netflix bidding war' story (which is obviously tabloid bollocks) and just saying the main story is a rumour

I know this could just all be wishful thinking on my part 😆

Reactions: 4
We are watching them all over again for the umpteenth time (my excuse is it’s the only program we can unanimously agree on and it fills a 30 min evening gap so easily), forgotten how quickly they reach the engagement, 2 episodes in!

Our youngest works at a local pub and has just started hosting their quiz night, we had to call him to down so he could watch Smithy the master at work! Although at 17 he doesn’t really get the Gary Lineker joke and he’s gutted he can’t line up the empty pints on the bar (yet).

Pam definitely wins that episode, making Mick eat his cereal over the sink, worried about her pants on the radiator and then telling them she was putting her earplugs in so they could knock themselves out 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm still hoping it could be happening, mostly because the story came from Deadline, not a tabloid - it's a trusted industry source and doesn't usually publish unsubstantiated stuff.

I watched the Ruth Jones interview and I thought she was very careful about her wording - starting by dissing the whole 'bbc/netflix bidding war' story (which is obviously tabloid bollocks) and just saying the main story is a rumour

I know this could just all be wishful thinking on my part 😆
She didn't actually say "no its definitely not happening" did she? I noticed that too. Just that her or James will announce it when there is something to announce, I think it probably happening and they will personally announce it in the next few weeks.

I've always wanted a special where they all go and visit Jason and his partner (husband?) in Spain. I think that would be a lot of fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I gather one of the issues is that they don't want to give people the fairytale ending (they've previously said that Smithy would have said yes but they'd have ended up divorced) so what do they do? How do you make everyone happy? I've been thinking about this since the Ghosts writers discussed their finale 😂

Reactions: 5
I gather one of the issues is that they don't want to give people the fairytale ending (they've previously said that Smithy would have said yes but they'd have ended up divorced) so what do they do? How do you make everyone happy? I've been thinking about this since the Ghosts writers discussed their finale 😂
Them being divorced would be fine though, I don’t think people want Nessa and Smithy to be together I think viewers love their complicated relationship and it seems realistic that they wouldn’t match. They were never compatible. We just want some more of the fun! I think people like the show because it’s some what realistic and relatable

Reactions: 6
Them being divorced would be fine though, I don’t think people want Nessa and Smithy to be together I think viewers love their complicated relationship and it seems realistic that they wouldn’t match. They were never compatible. We just want some more of the fun! I think people like the show because it’s some what realistic and relatable
I'd be happy either way too I think I'd just be thinking (if I was them) how to make the most fans happy and that's maybe why it hasn't come yet

Reactions: 3
Can gavin and Stacey get divorced instead? 😂 They’ve zero chemistry.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can gavin and Stacey get divorced instead? 😂 They’ve zero chemistry.
I’ve always thought it was ironic that the show is supposed to be about Gavin and Stacey yet in the 2nd & 3rd series the story mostly revolves around Nessa and Smithy because they were far more interesting

Reactions: 12
Can’t find it now but I saw a thing come up on Facebook ago saying isn’t weird the shittest characters in Gavin and Stacey are Gavin and Stacey

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve always thought it was ironic that the show is supposed to be about Gavin and Stacey yet in the 2nd & 3rd series the story mostly revolves around Nessa and Smithy because they were far more interesting
There’s more electricity between Doris and Bryn ffs 😂.

• Haha
Me and my sons dad are separated and a lot of people have compared us to nessa and smithy. It became more awkward when our son watched it and says to me “that’s you and dad”. We only have the one son, he wasn’t planned, although he’s not called Neil the baby.

• Haha
They could have nessa and smithy get married but argue/bicker so much they decide just to live apart, her in wales and him in Essex, as always, and see each other regularly like they do anyway but be monogamous so they can have sex but without the drama of other partners.

They could do a two part Christmas special part one build up to the wedding and the wedding. Part two six months later smithy talking to Gav Pam and mick and nessa talking to Bryan gwen and Stacey talking about the arguments they’ve had annd that they’re splitting and gwen or brynn saying nessa can move in with them.

There's so much they could do!! although I would like them not to do another wedding.
I also think it would be funny if they just did a spin off of the parents and their stories.

Reactions: 6
Don't know if anyone else has flagged this. But "The Finale" has been listed on IMDB for a while now. (SAYS 2024!)

Also, when they announced the previous Xmas special, Ruth and James denied it was happening at the time but it obviously did.

So theres still lots of speculation that it could be a bluff.

Attachments

• Wow
Don't know if anyone else has flagged this. But "The Finale" has been listed on IMDB for a while now. (SAYS 2024!)

Also, when they announced the previous Xmas special, Ruth and James denied it was happening at the time but it obviously did.

So theres still lots of speculation that it could be a bluff.
It also says underneath James Corden has announced the finale, but we've yet to hear anything about that officially.

• Heart
I know Christmas specials always do well but why not just do a one off special not at Christmas, like big birthday celebration, wedding anniversary or even a shared family holiday like the Bank holiday episode they all went to the beach